Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Early MDD Simulation

Reply/Quote
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRmmRbO_qBFmNj39IKNKnV...w&usqp=CAU]

JC Latham - OT - Bama - 6'6' 330

Latham is a massive physical specimen that brings elite size, power, and movement to the RT position to go along with outstanding football IQ and character. If the Bengals do not return Jonah this is an excellent selection and if the do return Jonah this is still an excellent selection. Latham and Brown Jr. solidify the foundation of a formidable offensive line for years to come.
Reply/Quote
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT89gRDXIUZ-uyShXxe98b...Q&usqp=CAU]

T'Vondre Sweat - DT - Texas - 6'4" 346

Stopping the run in the AFC Central is a must and it has been apparent that when Reader is injured this is a real problem for the defense. If Reader returns this is still the selection if he is available. Sweat represents an unmovable force at the position who displays elite power and run stopping ability. Violent hands with the ability to shed double teams and still make the play. Has displayed some ability as a pass rusher much like Reader and these are skills that can continue to be developed but his strengths mirror those of Reader as being a run stopper that eats up blockers and keeps other defenders clean to make plays.
Reply/Quote
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQRQfzNlT9NJpTLceUMb4H...Q&usqp=CAU]

TreVeyon Henderson - RB - The Ohio State - 5'11" 214

To be honest I had not given much thought to selecting a RB at this point but what Henderson has shown over and over at Ohio State is that he is absolutely a game changer. Henderson brings elite talent in the areas of hands, twitch, and vision. Excellent open field speed and acceleration thru the hole. Henderson and Brown could provide a pair of backs that could elevate the Bengals running game to a level that has not been seen in many, many years. A talent like this is not one that can be passed upon if available at this point.
Reply/Quote
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTA7HHdajqJH9wuY_mj3ol...g&usqp=CAU]

Brenden Rice - WR - USC - 6'3" 205

As with Henderson in the 3rd round if a talent like Rice is sitting here at this selection it is not one that you can pass on. While he is not his father he brings outstanding attributes to the position and many feel that he is far from a finished project. Brings outstanding length, speed, and body control to the position and an alpha mentality when going after the ball.

Will need to continue to develop his body and his consistency but there is nothing that would lead one to believe that there would be a problem in either area. A good young talent at the WR position that will continue to build upon the weapons in this offense.
Reply/Quote
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRceUAaYlDX5dgi5JQLETo...w&usqp=CAU]

Cade Stover - TE - The Ohio State - 6'4" 251

Stover embodies the abilities of a successful TE in the Bengals offense. First and foremost he is an outstanding blocker that does not just tie up defenders but has the power to move them. Understands blocking technique and brings a linebacker mentality to the assignment. The nickname Farmer Gronk could not be more perfect for him. As a receiver he displays elite strength in his hands and always displays composure and control in 3rd down situations. While Stover does not have elite speed he does show functional speed that make him a threat in the seams as well as on the edge. Stove and Hudson would make for an outstanding pair of young TEs.
Reply/Quote
Don't know that I'd spend that early of a pick on a running back because Chase Brown has looked good.

I like the Latham pick, even though I'd rather have Bowers in the first.

Love the Stover pick if we don't take Bowers early.

I'd probably take a corner earlier.
Reply/Quote
Im concerned that Latham and Sweat were both a bit exposed in the playoff games.

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 06:29 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Im concerned that Latham and Sweat were both a bit exposed in the playoff games.

This although Sweat in the second round would be good value but I’m out on Latham. He looked bad vs Michigan. Hopefully either the Georgia or Oregon St tackle is available.
Reply/Quote