Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Early Mock Draft
Round 1 Kingsley Suamataia OT BYU
[Image: 6517c2e2d86ef.image.jpg?crop=1763%2C926%...p%2Cresize]
I love this upcoming OT class. With Jonah hitting Free Agency this year, it is the perfect time to find his replacement. There are around 7 potential first round prospects that I've been following and they are all impressive in their own ways. In this draft I go with Kingsley. A strong and physical lineman who can man the RT spot for years to come. 

Round 2 Dontay Corleone NT UC
[Image: Corleone_arms_raised_ISO__1_.jpg]
The Godfather would be a great heir to DJ Reader should we lose him to Free Agency. Stout at the point of attack, Corleone is often the focus of a double teams, despite this, he also shows good pass rushing ability. 

Round 3 Zak Zinter OG Michigan 
[Image: 1236607428.0.jpg]
Volson appears to be the weak link on the O line. Zinter would be an instant upgrade in my opinion. A very well rounded and physical lineman

Round 4 Jalin Conyers TE Arizona State
[Image: GettyImages-1444625100-e1670512117388.jpg]I was on the Whyle train last year, now I'm officially on the Conyers train this year. Love everything he brings to the table . Interested to see how he does later today against Colorado. I think he could end up higher than this but for now he's flying under the radar a bit. 

Round 5 Jonathan Brooks RB Texas
[Image: Jonathon_Brooks__DSC2287.jpg]
Mixon has run the ball well on very limited opportunities this year, Unfortunately behind him there isn't much. Drafting an impact RB like Brooks could provide another option and a future starter in the back field. 

Round 6 Chau Smith-Wade CB WSU
[Image: WSU_t1170.jpg?5cc718665ab672dba93d511ab4c682bb370e5f86]
I imagine either Chido leaves this year or Hilton leaves next so we'll have to keep drafting CB's

Round 7 Jack Plummer QB Louisville 
[Image: USATSI_21326560-scaled-e1694441048369.jpg]
Big QB who can hopefully upgrade QB 2 
Reply/Quote
I'm a fan.

Dontay Corleone was in my pre-season mock. Guy just moves so well for his size and really fits the Bengals 4 man fronts. Suamatia isn't haven't the season he hoped he hasn't been bad but not dominate either. One guy I don't know much about is Jalin Conyers I haven't watched much Pac12 yet this year.

Also speaking of Michigan Offensive Line I'm a big Sherrone Moore fan the OL coach/OC. That's a guy I wouldn't mind the Bengals bringing in to replace Frank Pollack.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm going to appreciate any mock attempting to add a nice backup QB to the roster.
Reply/Quote
From everything I've seen and read on Suamataia, he's a true epitome of a dancing bear.
He's rated very high on the "freaks" list.
I think his size and athleticism combination will be very enticing to Pollack.

Question though - Given he plays LT, will there be challenges for him to transition to RT and be successful right away?
The Bengals need someone who can cover RT immediately if Williams leaves. They can't afford even part of a season of learning-on-the-job and performing poorly. That can make or break a season potentially.

I also understand taking a QB late, but how much better is a 7th rounder gonna be over Browning?
If we're gonna go to the draft for a backup, I'd like to target a QB in Rds 3-5.
Might be better to bring an actual decent vet to be QB2 and have Plummer as QB3 or PS guy while he develops.

As a whole, this mock is very solid.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Now this is what I’m talking about.
Reply/Quote
Saw this on my phone today WhoDeyK.

Fantastic Mock brother. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2023, 02:23 PM)ochocincos Wrote: From everything I've seen and read on Suamataia, he's a true epitome of a dancing bear.
He's rated very high on the "freaks" list.
I think his size and athleticism combination will be very enticing to Pollack.

Question though - Given he plays LT, will there be challenges for him to transition to RT and be successful right away?
The Bengals need someone who can cover RT immediately if Williams leaves. They can't afford even part of a season of learning-on-the-job and performing poorly. That can make or break a season potentially.

I also understand taking a QB late, but how much better is a 7th rounder gonna be over Browning?
If we're gonna go to the draft for a backup, I'd like to target a QB in Rds 3-5.
Might be better to bring an actual decent vet to be QB2 and have Plummer as QB3 or PS guy while he develops.

As a whole, this mock is very solid.

Thanks!

So this is actually Kingsleys first year on the left side at BYU. Hes replacing Blake Freeland. Last year he was at RT and actually performed better there. This year he’s been good but not great. I think NFL teams will see him as a better fit on the Right Side.

Round 3/4 is a little rich for me for a Back up however I agree with your point that counting on a 7th round QB to be an upgrade is risky. After I made this mock I looked more into comp picks and saw that we’re projected a 5 and a 6. So that might be a great opportunity to take one earlier.
Reply/Quote
I’m starting to get on the “Get Trayveon Henderson at any costs” train

Dude would do amazing shit here
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2023, 10:11 AM)Synric Wrote: I'm a fan.

Dontay Corleone was in my pre-season mock. Guy just moves so well for his size and really fits the Bengals 4 man fronts. Suamatia isn't haven't the season he hoped he hasn't been bad but not dominate either. One guy I don't know much about is Jalin Conyers I haven't watched much Pac12 yet this year.

Also speaking of Michigan Offensive Line I'm a big Sherrone Moore fan the OL coach/OC. That's a guy I wouldn't mind the Bengals bringing in to replace Frank Pollack.

Joe Moore award winning offensive line two years in a row.

But, crying over Harbaugh? Harbaugh is serving a suspension, not serving in Afghanistan.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2023, 11:34 PM)Housh Wrote: I’m starting to get on the “Get Trayveon Henderson at any costs” train

Dude would do amazing shit here

Depends what you want him for? Home ru threat? Sure(but dude is ALWAYS injured). But dude isn’t even the best rb on his team
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2023, 03:35 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Depends what you want him for? Home ru threat? Sure(but dude is ALWAYS injured). But dude isn’t even the best rb on his team

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2023, 04:14 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote:

Love me some Mayan Williams. He’s a better rb and always gets extra yardage. He’s not a home run threat though. But no way am I taking a rb rd2 with his extensive injury history(Hendersons)
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2023, 02:09 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Love me some Mayan Williams. He’s a better rb and always gets extra yardage. He’s not a home run threat though. But no way am I taking a rb rd2 with his extensive injury history(Hendersons)

So you prefer the RB who is out for the season due to injury because of Henderson’s injury history?
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2023, 04:27 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: So you prefer the RB who is out for the season due to injury because of Henderson’s injury history?

Trevon Henderson has stayed hurt. Milan Williams is an aberration.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2023, 05:02 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Trevon Henderson has stayed hurt. Milan Williams is an aberration.

Well, besides those 5 games last year? Not to mention the run game was noticeably better with Henderson.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2023, 12:55 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Joe Moore award winning offensive line two years in a row.

But, crying over Harbaugh? Harbaugh is serving a suspension, not serving in Afghanistan.

Serious question...
Do NFL position coaches make so much more in the NFL where Sherrone Moore would want to jump from a top college program and dominant OL to potentially having challenges with an OL that may be (vastly) different from what he's used to and potentially have a difficult time getting it to where it needs to be?

Just asking because it seems he's in a pretty good gig right now, and unless the money is that much more, I can't see the Bengals position being enticing enough.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2023, 12:19 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Well, besides those 5 games last year? Not to mention the run game was noticeably better with Henderson.

Run game has looked better as the offense has gelled. Milan Williams makes people miss and almost always breaks the first tackle. Big difference is he isn’t the home run hitter
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2023, 03:07 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Serious question...
Do NFL position coaches make so much more in the NFL where Sherrone Moore would want to jump from a top college program and dominant OL to potentially having challenges with an OL that may be (vastly) different from what he's used to and potentially have a difficult time getting it to where it needs to be?

Just asking because it seems he's in a pretty good gig right now, and unless the money is that much more, I can't see the Bengals position being enticing enough.

I don’t know the answer to your question. But, I doubt it.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2023, 03:11 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Run game has looked better as the offense has gelled. Milan Williams makes people miss and almost always breaks the first tackle. Big difference is he isn’t the home run hitter

Is there any draft site that shares your opinion Williams is better than Henderson?
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2023, 03:38 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Is there any draft site that shares your opinion Williams is better than Henderson?

No, draft sites don’t like 6-7 yard runners. He’s a career 6.8 yards per attempt runner.
Reply/Quote