Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Early Projections Have Bengals Picking Top 5 Again In Next Years Draft
https://www.cincyjungle.com/2021/5/10/22427938/2022-nfl-mock-draft-bengals-season-2022

So the early consensus for this upcoming season doesn't see the Bengals winning more than 5 games with the schedule they have putting them in the top 5 for next years draft. I am not shocked at all with the assessment and actually agree. I do not see them winning more than 5-6 games this upcoming season with the opponents they will face.

The real question is if this does come to fruition do you see Mike Brown saying for another year "We remain bullish on Zac Taylor and have him around for the 2022 season"?
Reply/Quote
If it's a top 5, then it's time to move on.

I would hope this go around that we get another guy with some experience and pair him with a GM/player personnel guy.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2021, 04:46 PM)GodFather Wrote: https://www.cincyjungle.com/2021/5/10/22427938/2022-nfl-mock-draft-bengals-season-2022

So the early consensus for this upcoming season doesn't see the Bengals winning more than 5 games with the schedule they have putting them in the top 5 for next years draft. I am not shocked at all with the assessment and actually agree. I do not see them winning more than 5-6 games this upcoming season with the opponents they will face.

The real question is if this does come to fruition do you see Mike Brown saying for another year "We remain bullish on Zac Taylor and have him around for the 2022 season"?

I have to look at this from 2 sides.  Does Katie have a stubborn streak in her that Mikey Boy has when it comes to firing a coach?  And/or does Mikey still run this team even though everyone says he's no longer making the calls. 

Should Zac be gone if this team only wins 5 games, hell yes he should be gone.  

Do I think he'll definitely be gone, no because I mean if Mike is still running this team what better way to stick it to the fans who begged for him to let Marvin walk by saying "you asked for this, and now we gave it to you.  He's young, bright and energetic.  We're still bullish on Zac.  He's had a lot of obstacles.  Again, the fans wanted to change and we gave it to them"
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2021, 04:46 PM)GodFather Wrote: https://www.cincyjungle.com/2021/5/10/22427938/2022-nfl-mock-draft-bengals-season-2022

The Bengals found a way to win 4.5 games with Burrow not even finishing 9 games, a completely ineffective AJ Green and Geno Atkins, trading away Dunlap midseason, and having Reader and Waynes out for basically the whole season.

I think they'll win 7-9 games with the additions they've made, as long as the key players don't miss too many games.
The New England Patriots drafted 15th last year with a 7-9 record, so I think the Bengals will draft in the 11-20 range.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2021, 04:51 PM)TJ528 Wrote: I have to look at this from 2 sides.  Does Katie have a stubborn streak in her that Mikey Boy has when it comes to firing a coach?  And/or does Mikey still run this team even though everyone says he's no longer making the calls. 

Should Zac be gone if this team only wins 5 games, hell yes he should be gone.  

Do I think he'll definitely be gone, no because I mean if Mike is still running this team what better way to stick it to the fans who begged for him to let Marvin walk by saying "you asked for this, and now we gave it to you.  He's young, bright and energetic.  We're still bullish on Zac.  He's had a lot of obstacles.  Again, the fans wanted to change and we gave it to them"

Fans asked for a good offensive-minded HC, not for Taylor specifically.
That's like a giving a kid Circus Peanuts candy and telling them, "Hey, you said you wanted candy!" when they cry about it.
They didn't want any damn Circus Peanuts, they wanted good candy!
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-10-2021, 05:08 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The Bengals found a way to win 4.5 games with Burrow not even finishing 9 games, a completely ineffective AJ Green and Geno Atkins, trading away Dunlap midseason, and having Reader and Waynes out for basically the whole season.

I think they'll win 7-9 games with the additions they've made, as long as the key players don't miss too many games.
The New England Patriots drafted 15th last year with a 7-9 record, so I think the Bengals will draft in the 11-20 range.

Lets hope not because they wont improve if they're drafting in the 11-20 range.  

This team barely can draft well in the 1-5 range let along 11-20. 

Btw if anyone hasnt seen the Pat McAfee clip today on the AFC North it's well worth checking out. 

Even as a Bengals fan, it's complete honesty and how Cincinnati football is viewed outside the lenses of the orange and black glasses.  

https://twitter.com/PatMcAfeeShow/status/1391801343392821249
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2021, 05:10 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Fans asked for a good offensive-minded HC, not for Taylor specifically.
That's like a giving a kid Circus Peanuts candy and telling them, "Hey, you said you wanted candy!" when they cry about it.
They didn't want any damn Circus Peanuts, they wanted good candy!

Hey its possible that the OC in KC wanted $2M more a year to come to Cincy than Zac did. 

Which one do you think Mike Brown and Katie are going to choose?  

Zac was held in high regards in the league.  He was a young QB coach of a Super Bowl winner.  

Hell i think every coach that's been on a Super Bowl staff is held in high regard at least until the following season lol 

I hope the Zac Taylor hire teaches a fan base that the grass isnt always greener on the other side of the field. 
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2021, 05:10 PM)TJ528 Wrote: Btw if anyone hasnt seen the Pat McAfee clip today on the AFC North it's well worth checking out. 

Even as a Bengals fan, it's complete honesty and how Cincinnati football is viewed outside the lenses of the orange and black glasses.  

Link? I just looked for on his youtube page and can't find it. 
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2021, 05:15 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Link? I just looked for on his youtube page and can't find it. 

Sorry about that Wes.  
Reply/Quote
Actually it was drivel. Even listening to it was a chore.

I think everyone knows ZT is in the hot seat. He had some excuses the first two year relating to a blizzard of injuries and a BAD hire for OL coach plus he inherited a roster that was in dire need of restocking the depth and rebuilding. Well that has happened - it's time to show some dividends.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2021, 05:26 PM)Joelist Wrote: Actually it was drivel. Even listening to it was a chore.

I think everyone knows ZT is in the hot seat. He had some excuses the first two year relating to a blizzard of injuries and a BAD hire for OL coach plus he  inherited a roster that was in dire need of restocking the depth and rebuilding. Well that has happened - it's time to show some dividends.
Regarding McAfee, normally I can't stand the guy, but he's not wrong about the franchise.  
Until we start winning or showing some competency as an organization this is how the national media/talk shows will talk about Cincinnati. 
It stopped after Marvin got here but the last 5  years have just thrown us back into that abyss we were in from 92-02.  
Regarding Zac, I agree this year is put up or shut up.  However, knowing how this organization operates I can see Mike keeping Zac because the fans wanted change.  Zac's change.  He's faced obstacles.  He's young still.  
There's just part of me that believes if Zac pulls in a 5-12 year this season he'll be here in 2022 because of the organizations incompetence. 
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2021, 05:26 PM)Joelist Wrote: Actually it was drivel. Even listening to it was a chore.

I think everyone knows ZT is in the hot seat. He had some excuses the first two year relating to a blizzard of injuries and a BAD hire for OL coach plus he inherited a roster that was in dire need of restocking the depth and rebuilding. Well that has happened - it's time to show some dividends.

Spot on.

McAfee's shit takes and sensationalism is often hollow and completely devoid of substance.

A Barstool-esque personality, if you will.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2021, 05:18 PM)TJ528 Wrote: https://twitter.com/PatMcAfeeShow/status/1391801343392821249

Sorry about that Wes. 

Isn't the practice facility a running joke on Pat's show?

Would love to see AJ Hawk be a part of one these and hear what he has to say.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2021, 05:10 PM)TJ528 Wrote: Lets hope not because they wont improve if they're drafting in the 11-20 range.  

This team barely can draft well in the 1-5 range let along 11-20. 

Btw if anyone hasnt seen the Pat McAfee clip today on the AFC North it's well worth checking out. 

Yep, Pat and the boys are right on all counts. The main things holding this franchise back are a cheapskate front office and a questionable coaching staff. Mostly, it’s the nepotistic front office and threadbare player personnel department. The only thing that has changed in 30 years is the coaching staff. Only one coaching staff was successful. Homers are gonna diss McAfee but the results under Mike Brown’s reign speak for themselves.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2021, 05:35 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Isn't the practice facility a running joke on Pat's show?

Would love to see AJ Hawk be a part of one these and hear what he has to say.

I've actually heard AJ on with McAfee and they were talking Bengals and McAfee was being honest and AJ didnt say anything to oppose Pat's takes.  

I mean I've never heard AJ say anything negative about the organization but have you ever really heard him speak of it in high regard either? lol...
Reply/Quote

This is pretty standard actually.  Until the season starts the way too early mocks are going to reflect the previous year.

I wouldn't get worked up over where we're projected to draft 11.5 months before the next one.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2021, 05:34 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Spot on.

McAfee's shit takes and sensationalism is often hollow and completely devoid of substance.

I mean, he used to work for Barstool so that makes sense I guess. lol

His weekly segment with Aaron Rodgers is one of the few things I made a point to sit down watch each and every week.  It was a fantastic look inside the league. 

I wouldn't call myself a huge fan but the dude pulls a ton of great guests.  And Pat and his guys actually seem like some of the most postive and laid back dudes in the media today. (Probably why so many players go on his show)
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2021, 05:44 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I mean, he used to work for Barstool so that makes sense I guess. lol

His weekly segment with Aaron Rodgers is one of the few things I made a point to sit down watch each and every week.  It was a fantastic look inside the league. 

I wouldn't call myself a huge fan but the dude pulls a ton of great guests.  And Pat and his guys actually seem like some of the most postive and laid back dudes in the media today. (Probably why so many players go on his show)

I mean from listening to that there really wasn't anything he didn't say that was false.  He talked about how shitty of an organization the Pirates are and compared the Bengals to them.  Is he wrong? I don't think so.   

He also said the Browns outlook is really high....great assessment...good coach...good players....they'll probably win the AFC North this year and be a challenger for the Super Bowl.  He talked highly of the Ravens.   He even said some good things about the Bengals.  Talked about the 2 Tackles.  
Reply/Quote

I think everyone knows ZT is in the hot seat. He had some excuses the first two year relating to a blizzard of injuries and a BAD hire for OL coach plus he  inherited a roster that was in dire need of restocking the depth and rebuilding. Well that has happened - it's time to show some dividends.

(05-10-2021, 05:34 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Spot on.

How is it drivel? How is it incorrect in any way shape or form?

He literally said at the very end the most factual statement about the Bengals organization. A statement you have heard from player after player that has left Cincinnati.

"Ownership down is not trying to win. If you're trying to win you're operating much differently then if you're just trying to get by so you can continue to make money."

I get it, fans want to believe that isn't true... but since 1991 what have you seen to show you it isn't true? Meanwhile, you can write an endless list of reasons that it is 100% accurate.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Home
Baltimore Ravens- 0-1
Cleveland Browns- 0-2
Green Bay Packers- 0-3 (if Rodgers plays.. win if not)
Jacksonville Jaguars 1-3
Kansas City Chiefs 1-4
Los Angeles Chargers 2-4
Minnesota Vikings 3-4
Pittsburgh Steelers 3-5
AWAY
Baltimore Ravens 3-6
Chicago Bears 4-6
Cleveland Browns 4-7
Denver Broncos 5-7
Detroit Lions 6-7
Las Vegas Raiders 7-7
New York Jets 8-7
Pittsburgh Steelers 8-8
San Fran 8-9

That's a complete upside view. This team should win the games that I gave to them, but if they lose those, I do not see them beating the teams I picked them to lose against. I think the talent is there, I just think they are a year away from 8-8 or better. I do think they can win 6 though, so take the Vegas over.

Note this is not the order the games are played. The toughest part of their season is the first 5 games, with the Bears being the weakest. They have some of the weakest teams from last year, but MIN and GB, etc have traditionally been tough.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

Reply/Quote