Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Early Round 1 Recap
In my humble opinion, I count Glenn as one of our draft picks since we still got a 1st round pick in Price. We also get an extra 5th round pick #21 in round) for the Glenn trade.

So to date we used draft position to get:

Round 1 Glenn and Price with more to come with round 5 pick.

Thoughts?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 06:45 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: In my humble opinion, I count Glenn as one of our draft picks since we still got a 1st round pick in Price. We also get an extra 5th round pick #21 in round) for the Glenn trade.

So to date we used draft position to get:

Round 1 Glenn and Price with more to come with round 5 pick.

Thoughts?

Never thought about it that way...........  GREAT point!  

I'd grade our draft an A+ right now!

Used one pick to get the two most important positions on the line and fill them with what looks like great value!
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 06:47 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Never thought about it that way...........  GREAT point!  

I'd grade our draft an A+ right now!

Used one pick to get the two most important positions on the line and fill them with what looks like great value!

If you realize the #1 OT prospect (McGlinchey) went pick 9 which was 3 picks ahead of us if we stayed so we missed him, I think it adds to a great trade and fix of 2 major OL liabilities last year.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
After day 2 I noticed some teams getting credit for trades and give them draft grades with trades? Help me out but I have yet to see one site give Bengals credit for the Glenn addition and also getting a starting center in round.

I see Ravens getting and Ozzie getting credit for landing Jackson. I have seen the Rams get credit for trading Cooks for their 1st round and Pats get credit for trading Cooks and getting a 1st round.

I think the Glenn trade could end up being huge and it cost us nothing, we got the position and guy we wanted with Price at #21 versus reaching for a center at 12 if we stayed put.

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 11:54 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: After day 2 I noticed some teams getting credit for trades and give them draft grades with trades? Help me out but I have yet to see one site give Bengals credit for the Glenn addition and also getting a starting center in round.

I see Ravens getting and Ozzie getting credit for landing Jackson. I have seen the Rams get credit for trading Cooks for their 1st round and Pats get credit for trading Cooks and getting a 1st round.

I think the Glenn trade could end up being huge and it cost us nothing, we got the position and guy we wanted with Price at #21 versus reaching for a center at 12 if we stayed put.

Bengals do not generate enough excitement nationally. Because of that they will never be talked about as much as most other teams.

Selfishly, while I do believe he is a good ball player, I’d love to see Cincinnati pick up shaquem Griffin just to see the national media squirm while giving the bengals positive national attention.

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 12:03 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Bengals do not generate enough excitement nationally. Because of that they will never be talked about as much as most other teams.

Selfishly, while I do believe he is a good ball player, I’d love to see Cincinnati pick up shaquem Griffin just to see the national media squirm while giving the bengals positive national attention.

Would we get a lot of attention or 30 seconds of fame?

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 12:03 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Bengals do not generate enough excitement nationally. Because of that they will never be talked about as much as most other teams.

Yep. Just wait for Bengals picks today and see if they go to commercial. Lol...

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 12:05 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Would we get a lot of attention or 30 seconds of fame?

Probably 30 seconds of fame to be honest. Or they’d just make jokes. But if one of the darlings pick him, watch out because it will be an inescapable story nationally.

Sad reality.

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 12:07 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Probably 30 seconds of fame to be honest. Or they’d just make jokes. But if one of the darlings pick him, watch out because it will be an inescapable story nationally.

Sad reality.

I understand the team with a small fan base gets ignored by the media. But the media loves a great story, so a great story would be getting back to the playoffs and winning a Super Bowl. We earned the disrespect with 28 years of no playoff wins.

But, it is disappointing to have some covering the draft give others 10 times the exposure.

Reply/Quote