Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Early morning coffee with a side of optimism
Optimistic about a top 10 draft pick.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
As long as there's a chance I'm optimistic. We are 1.5 games out of 1st place with 2 games remaining against that team. I will say I would like to see a shake up, be it coaching staff or personnel. The oline is the biggest issue and status quo is not working. Whit has been a true professional but father time is undefeated, Boling is steady but got killed last night, Bodine is the only olineman that has improved this year, Z has mailed in in, and Ced has zero business at RT.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 02:26 AM)Wyche Wrote: Your boy coached a helluva bye week and game off the bye didn't he? Mellow

LMAO...You speak with 100% certainty on things fans really have no way in hell of knowing! Things like how a HC coached during the bye week, and or during halftimes. You're not there, you can only speculate! Last night our defense performed well, does that automatically means ML coached the defense well during the bye, but failed the offense? That's silly!
The following we know with 100% certainty, player stats, team stats and the fact that players play and coaches coach. IMO almost everything else is open for fan speculation.

As for my support for ML, I challenge you to show a reply from me that shows 100% support for him remaining as HC unconditionally. It's my belief that ML or Andy needs to go. It's been a slippery slop, but my 100% support of ML ended two years ago. 

If history serves us right, working for MB is not an ideal situation for an established HC. And IMO therein lies our dilemma. Good HC's typically don't come out of retirement to sulk in bad situations so I'm curious to know which HC better than ML would be willing to take the job. If one is interested I have know problem with ML being let go immediately. I root for the team 1st, players second and HC third. I'm different that way.
Admittedly, I would like for ML to have an another opportunity with a QB equal to or better than Palmer,  but as long as Reds here that's not going to happen.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 10:41 AM)bfine32 Wrote: As long as there's a chance I'm optimistic. We are 1.5 games out of 1st place with 2 games remaining against that team. I will say I would like to see a shake up, be it coaching staff or personnel. The oline is the biggest issue and status quo is not working. Whit has been a true professional but father time is undefeated, Boling is steady but got killed last night, Bodine is the only olineman that has improved this year, Z has mailed in in, and Ced has zero business at RT.

So, we could move Whit to G, but what the hell can we do at T?  It's looking bad man, even for next year.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 05:07 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: LMAO...You speak with 100% certainty on things fans really have no way in hell of knowing! Things like how a HC coached during the bye week, and or during halftimes. You're not there, you can only speculate! Last night our defense performed well, does that automatically means ML coached the defense well during the bye, but failed the offense? That's silly!
The following we know with 100% certainty, player stats, team stats and the fact that players play and coaches coach. IMO almost everything else is open for fan speculation.

As for my support for ML, I challenge you to show a reply from me that shows 100% support for him remaining as HC unconditionally. It's my belief that ML or Andy needs to go. It's been a slippery slop, but my 100% support of ML ended two years ago. 

If history serves us right, working for MB is not an ideal situation for an established HC. And IMO therein lies our dilemma. Good HC's typically don't come out of retirement to sulk in bad situations so I'm curious to know which HC better than ML would be willing to take the job. If one is interested I have know problem with ML being let go immediately. I root for the team 1st, players second and HC third. I'm different that way.
Admittedly, I would like for ML to have an another opportunity with a QB equal to or better than Palmer,  but as long as Reds here that's not going to happen.

LOL....easy man, I was just razzing you.  If they had fired Marv after the 2010 debacle, Palmer might still be here.  You're right, MB IS the biggest problem, but there is nothing we can do about that.

The defense looked better, but I wonder how much of that had to do with Paulie calling them out?  The secondary still struggled, and the pass rush was hit or miss, we got gashed by the worst run game in the league, so I wouldn't say they were a home run either.  Tackling was the big improvement that I saw.

The o line is garbage.  Nothing else needs said about the offense.

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 05:46 PM)Wyche Wrote: LOL....easy man, I was just razzing you.  If they had fired Marv after the 2010 debacle, Palmer might still be here.  You're right, MB IS the biggest problem, but there is nothing we can do about that.

The defense looked better, but I wonder how much of that had to do with Paulie calling them out?  The secondary still struggled, and the pass rush was hit or miss, we got gashed by the worst run game in the league, so I wouldn't say they were a home run either.  Tackling was the big improvement that I saw.

we are looking at two to three losing seasons starting with this year.

Our lines are God awful and both need to be completely reconstructed.

Bodine is awful and it is irresponsible that he has not been replaced.

The DT from Baylor we drafted who got hurt in preseason better be good. Geno and Dunlap are getting almost no help and they are going to age out soon.

Hunt will be cut after this season or not re-signed. Peko needs to retire. Gillberry - give me a break.

Dre K is a penalty machine. Adam Jones aged out after getting is contract. Dennard looks like a bust.

Linebackers slow at getting to reads on running plays and cannot cover on passing plays.

Safeties average at best.

This team is in big trouble and I really feel sorry for Dalton, Gio and AJ. They  should demand a trade.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 05:46 PM)Wyche Wrote: LOL....easy man, I was just razzing you.  If they had fired Marv after the 2010 debacle, Palmer might still be here.  You're right, MB IS the biggest problem, but there is nothing we can do about that.

I agree with you 100%! Now that's strange Nervous
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2016, 02:22 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: I agree with you 100%! Now that's strange Nervous

See......we ain't as far apart as we thought! :andy:

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2016, 02:27 PM)Wyche Wrote: See......we ain't as far apart as we thought! :andy:

It looks that way, but let's see what happens after my new thread is posted today...seeing is believing.
Reply/Quote