Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Earth to Dre Kirkpatrick!
Don't you mean DreK to earth? Yesterday, the grounds crew had to bring in a truckload of dirt to fill DreK's indentation in the field so nobody would break an ankle stepping into the hole.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
He got owned by L'veon Bell's stiff arm .. He should be benched for that alone
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 10:23 AM)bengals73 Wrote: He got owned by L'veon Bell's stiff arm .. He should be benched for that alone

What do you expect when you're 6'2" 185 lbs and gangly going against someone who is 40 lbs heavier than you?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 10:36 AM)ochocincos Wrote: What do you expect when you're 6'2" 185 lbs and gangly going against someone who is 40 lbs heavier than you?

Not getting owned maybe? 
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 10:36 AM)ochocincos Wrote: What do you expect when you're 6'2" 185 lbs and gangly going against someone who is 40 lbs heavier than you?

Go lower, drive through the runner.  Hit, lift, and drive.  In all fairness though, he had a bad angle for that.  Still, I see too much arm tackling, and too much going high after ball carriers from this defense.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 11:26 AM)Wyche Wrote: Go lower, drive through the runner.  Hit, lift, and drive.  In all fairness though, he had a bad angle for that.  Still, I see too much arm tackling, and too much going high after ball carriers from this defense.

Yea it's easy to say he should have approached it differently, but he's still 40 lbs lighter than Bell. My point was that regardless of his approach, it's still hard to take down someone who is 40 lb heavier than you. DK can arm-tackle WRs because they are about the same size as him. It takes a very special CB to take out someone like Bell that is that much bigger on a consistent basis. Also, DK isn't exactly a cerebral CB so I don't expect him to be able to take a different approach to different sized players that quickly.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
ochocincos Wrote:Yea it's easy to say he should have approached it differently, but he's still 40 lbs lighter than Bell. My point was that regardless of his approach, it's still hard to take down someone who is 40 lb heavier than you. DK can arm-tackle WRs because they are about the same size as him. It takes a very special CB to take out someone like Bell that is that much bigger on a consistent basis.

I see what you're saying, but Dre needs to make the play instead of tying to make the highlight reel. I'm over his drama queen act.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 10:36 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Kirkpatrick has been a bad CB this year.

Zeitler was the guy to spend the money on. Jackson/Dennard/Shaw/Jones would have been fine.

I don't think the best place to put cap space is in a guard.

I understand the Dre signing. Dennard looked like a bust last year and WJ3 never played a snap. Pacman was aging as well.

However, I do agree that Dre needs to be benched. Soft coverage and terrible tackling is not what we need from a newly paid CB.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 11:39 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Yup! I was damn near stoned to death for mentioning this before the season.

You were right

:andy:
Reply/Quote
Was vocal about not wanting to draft him and even wanted a CB drafted first that year.

Just not him.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 12:47 PM)CincyWestside Wrote: I don't think the best place to put cap space is in a guard.

I understand the Dre signing. Dennard looked like a bust last year and WJ3 never played a snap. Pacman was aging as well.

However, I do agree that Dre needs to be benched. Soft coverage and terrible tackling is not what we need from a newly paid CB.

Zeitler was up for an extension the year prior, and we lowballed him.  We could have saved money by offering him a decent contract, AND had another serviceable guard on the other side of Blodine.  That's absolutely what should have happened.

It does you no good to get shiny skill positions if the routes don't have time to develop because you can't hold the point of attack.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 10:21 PM)Wyche Wrote: **** that piece of shit....bench his ass.

So what Im hearing is you weren't fond of his playing? LOL
Reply/Quote
I've always been amazed at Dre's propensity to celebrate EVERY little thing he does. I understand that it might be a way to keep himself energized or he's trying to get his teammates pumped up during the game.

However, I have watched him celebrate a tackle that was made 15 yards downfield. He's actually surpassed Kelly Washington in terms of celebrating every play he makes. He's given up bombs and then cheers himself when brings the guy down after a big gain. Could you imagine Geno dancing in place if he tackled a RB after an 8 yard gain?
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 10:05 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Dre,

Don’t celebrate on the field — especially when the Bengals are two scores down and you make the one play per game you make that justifies your contract.  That’s not how Paul Brown taught this team and I’m sure your former coach Nick Saban cringes when he sees it too.

That is embarrassing as BLEEP!

Stop dancing around when you make a good play. Just trot back to the defensive huddle like a pro.

DreK is far from the first to do this, but it still boggles my mind nonetheless when it happens. You're losing and you made a big play. Okay, good, but stop acting like you scored a TD. Heck, I've seen players score meaningless TDs that celebrated less.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
have i mentioned Dre is garbage. cant cover, can't tackle.
Reply/Quote