Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easiest Thing to Fix
Ross was in the game why not at least throw a deep ball or two early to , at the very least, free up the run game.

And yes, both sides of the ball lacked imagination.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 01:15 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Ross was in the game why not at least throw a deep ball or two early to , at the very least, free up the run game.

This may be the most positive thing you've ever typed in here. I'll take it.

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 01:14 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Will touch on a few points mentioned in this thread. Tackling is real bad. The tackling has been declining rapidly from the way they looked when we started this year. Also, dropped balls on both sides have been ridiculous. I just cant get over how bad this has gotten as well. AJ has dropped some pretty easy passes the last few games. Boyd is solid, but for some reason they are not using him like they did in the first 4 games.

One other thing I missed last night was heart. Man, these guys looked lost, unmotivated and downright undisciplined. Plus, I don't understand where our team went that came out so hot out of the gate? I don't think it's all Marvin, although he does play a big part in their preparation. The entire team needs to own this and look in the mirror and try to resurrect themselves. They need a fire in their belly. Last night I didn't even see a spark. WTS, this team is far from done. They have a lot of work to do but each player needs to respond by fixing themselves first. I don't think these guys are garbage like some of said. But they have to dig deep down and play with some fire.

Agree, offensively, I think we will be ok, but I think defensively the players are just tired trying to figure out what they are suppose to be doing! You watch the body language and they are confused. 
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 01:15 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Ross was in the game why not at least throw a deep ball or two early to , at the very least, free up the run game.

I know early on, they tried but the DB tackled him.....
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 01:09 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I think Lazor has called 2 pretty poor games in a row honestly. Joe Mixon having 13 carries and 11 carries is inexcusable. He’s made the offense way too one dimensional. Now that Boyd has come back down to earth it’s AJ or nothing.

(10-22-2018, 01:14 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Definitely thought we should have ran more last night. We really miss Gio and lastnight Walton just looked lost when he spelled Mixon

Yeah, I think the loss of Gio is a big contributor to what you are saying Nico.  I also wanted more touches for Mixon, but once they were down three scores, you knew that was out the window.  Walton is in over his head right now.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 01:14 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Will touch on a few points mentioned in this thread. Tackling is real bad. The tackling has been declining rapidly from the way they looked when we started this year. Also, dropped balls on both sides have been ridiculous. I just cant get over how bad this has gotten as well. AJ has dropped some pretty easy passes the last few games. Boyd is solid, but for some reason they are not using him like they did in the first 4 games.

One other thing I missed last night was heart. Man, these guys looked lost, unmotivated and downright undisciplined. Plus, I don't understand where our team went that came out so hot out of the gate? I don't think it's all Marvin, although he does play a big part in their preparation. The entire team needs to own this and look in the mirror and try to resurrect themselves. They need a fire in their belly. Last night I didn't even see a spark. WTS, this team is far from done. They have a lot of work to do but each player needs to respond by fixing themselves first. I don't think these guys are garbage like some of said. But they have to dig deep down and play with some fire.

I hear ya Harley and agree with a lot of what you say except Marvin, and Mike for that matter. It's the culture that's broken here. We have an owner that is as drab and dull and uninspiring as they come. And Marvin is just a carry your lunch pail to work kinda guy.

They've built no brand they've built no winning culture. Everybody knows in their heart (including the players) when the heat is on we're going to spit the bit.

Nothing will truly change until that does !
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 10:00 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: New ownership. Get someone to buy this team and hold the coaching accountable. KC has one of the worst defenses and we only eeked out 10 points. There’s no excuse for that.

This is prolly that hardest thing to change its not like they can be forced to sell its laughable when people post stuff like this. But lets just say it did happen they would move the team right away leave Cincy high and dry without a football team. Then who would you root for be careful what you wish for.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 01:27 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I hear ya Harley and agree with a lot of what you say except Marvin, and Mike for that matter. It's the culture that's broken here. We have an owner that is as drab and dull and uninspiring as they come. And Marvin is just a carry your lunch pail to work kinda guy.

They've built no brand they've built no winning culture. Everybody knows in their heart (including the players) when the heat is on we're going to spit the bit.

Nothing will truly change until that does !

I'm with you on this and that's a very good explanation of Marvin and Mike. A new culture is definitely needed. At first, I thought we had one but it's fizzling out again.

Reply/Quote
Full padded practices during the season.

Practice physical, play physical.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Defense:

I think going Man-man and less zone.
Tackling until they throw-up.
Play Jefferson at SAM.
Play FEJ and cut Williams; bring back Shaw if possible. Sign Adam Jones for rest year.
Play Hubbard and Lawson more often
Tackling until they throw-up
Draft safety early
Draft Backer early
Draft DT
Draft starting CB

Offense:
Catch balls until they throw-up
Draft TE
Draft Starting RT
Draft Center Gaillard from Georgia and move him to RG
Cut Walton this week
Draft RB mid rounds
Establish rush as identity and give Mixon 30-40 carries per game

Finally, next year, it may be time to move on from Burfict.

Oh, and bribe refs so that the Bengals get some fair calls (like pushing players in backs, holding, PI). Not to show favoritism toward Bengals, just FAIR FREAKIN CALLS!
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 02:05 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Defense:

I think going Man-man and less zone.
Tackling until they throw-up.
Play Jefferson at SAM.
Play FEJ and cut Williams; bring back Shaw if possible. Sign Adam Jones for rest year.
Play Hubbard and Lawson more often
Tackling until they throw-up
Draft safety early
Draft Backer early
Draft DT
Draft starting CB

Offense:
Draft TE
Draft Starting RT
Draft Center Gaillard from Georgia and move him to RG
Cut Walton this week
Draft RB mid rounds
Establish rush as identity and give Mixon 30-40 carries per game

Finally, next year, it may be time to move on from Burfict.

Oh, and bribe refs so that the Bengals get some fair calls (like pushing players in backs, holding, PI). Not to show favoritism toward Bengals, just FAIR FREAKIN CALLS!

Why in the world would we draft yet another CB? We have 3 from the 1st rd who’ve all proved they can play at a high level. If none of them are having success under a new DC I think it’s obvious where the problem lies.

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 02:09 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Why in the world would we draft yet another CB? We have 3 from the 1st rd who’ve all proved they can play at a high level. If none of them are having success under a new DC I think it’s obvious where the problem lies.

Dennard is in last year of contract.  Thin talent behind him.  Dre is average at best.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 02:11 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Dennard is in last year of contract.  Thin talent behind him.  Dre is average at best.  

Dennard needs to be re-signed. We have way too many other needs to worry about drafting another CB.

Also, Pacman is playing for Denver.

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 02:15 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Dennard needs to be re-signed. We have way too many other needs to worry about drafting another CB.

Also, Pacman is playing for Denver.

Phillips actually looks pretty decent.  Just small.  I don't know if the Bengals are going to give Dennard the coin to keep him.  Hope they do.  But they may not.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
Special teams punt blocks fumbled punts big returns penalties. Huber and Bullock have been ok. everything else been a total train wreck
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 01:32 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: This is prolly that hardest thing to change its not like they can be forced to sell its laughable when people post stuff like this. But lets just say it did happen they would move the team right away leave Cincy high and dry without a football team. Then who would you root for be careful what you wish for.

I don’t rather not have a team to be honest.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 06:28 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: I don’t rather not have a team to be honest.

C’mon now. If Cleveland can stand with their team through winless seasons we can endure being mediocre.

I feel bad for those that don’t find any joy in rooting for this team.

Reply/Quote
Austin should have been let go today. How much worse could a new guy do? There’s a bye not too far off. Today could have sent a firm and positive message. In my eyes, it’s a pretty clear and easy decision for a good organization to make.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 09:52 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: What in your opinion would be the easiest thing to fix for this team?

To me, it has to be the hands. We are having dropped balls on offense AND defense. These guys need to put in extra tip drills and catching drills.

If some of those picks go our way, we make some of those catches, last night is a much closer game.
Fire MArv    that's the easiest and best way to get things going in a positive direction 
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 01:19 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I know early on, they tried but the DB tackled him.....

This is the whole 'lack of imagination' thing. It's like they think the only thing he can do is run 9s. How about clearing out the middle and giving him a crosser...something...anything.

Probably doesn't matter cause the jagoff can't stay healthy for an entire freaking game. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote