Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East West Shrine Game Week.
That time of the year again. Here are a few notes from the last couple days of practice.

http://walterfootball.com/eastwest2016practice2.php

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000624845/article/what-we-learned-monday-at-eastwest-shrine-game-practice

Michigan Center Graham Glasgow and Florida State LB Terrance Smith could be a mid round targets for the Bengals. Minnesota LB De'Vondre Campbell is one of those freak of nature prospects to watch over the next few months.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
DT out of Manitoba (Onyemata) might be someone to keep an eye on. Reports have him constantly beating Olinemen with speed and strength. Kid goes around 310 at 6'3". Has an 82" wingspan. Never played football until he arrived at College.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Onyemata seems like an intriguing late round pick. I'd have no problem taking a project pick with a 6th or 7th.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2016, 05:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: DT out of Manitoba (Onyemata) might be someone to keep an eye on. Reports have him constantly beating Olinemen with speed and strength. Kid goes around 310 at 6'3". Has an 82" wingspan. Never played football until he arrived at College.

I seen where the Bengals interviewed him and Illinois Safety Clayton Fejedelem who had a good year.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2016, 05:12 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Onyemata seems like an intriguing late round pick. I'd have no problem taking a project pick with a 6th or 7th.

....or in the 2nd to replace Hunt.

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2016, 05:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: ....or in the 2nd to replace Hunt.

It depends if we "let the board come to us."
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Looks like a couple mid round WRs are catching some attention during practices.

Quotes from Charlie Campbell at Walterfootball.com

Quote:The star of this practice was Illinois wide receiver Geronimo Allison. He was on fire, absolutely torching defensive backs from start to finish. Allison has had a good week, but he killed it on Wednesday. In the team scrimmage, he got his dominant day started with a nice reception on an out route that he broke downfield for a long run after the catch. Shortly later, he burned a corner and safety on a deep post for a touchdown from about midfield. He then showed his possession skills with a short reception on a slant in traffic.

In the red zone period from the 20-yard line, Allison ran a short crossing route and exploded through the defense for a score. When the ball was moved closer, he had about a 10-yard touchdown pass on a slant after getting quick separation.

Sources say they really like Allison's skill set. He has quickness for a 6-foot-3 receiver and runs good routes. Allison also has big, soft hands. He is very good at attacking the football away from his body and locking it in. The quickness and those route-running skills could be seen in his red-zone scores. He also has length and height. The one issue that sources say Allison needs to improve is strength. Going to an NFL strength and conditioning program should remedy that. Allison had a strong week of practice, and this session really put a cap on it. He made himself some money in Mobile.

Quote:Sources from multiple teams have been raving about Massachusetts-Amherst wide receiver Tajaé Sharpe. The 6-foot-3, 188-pounder has quickness to go with good size and length. Sharpe is having a superb week and has been catching the heck out of ball. As one scout said, "He's been dominating these DBs all week." Sharpe gets separation and is a smooth receiver. He's really helped himself this week. One team said he's in the mid-round range and shouldn't go any lower than the fifth round.

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2016, 05:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: DT out of Manitoba (Onyemata) might be someone to keep an eye on. Reports have him constantly beating Olinemen with speed and strength. Kid goes around 310 at 6'3". Has an 82" wingspan. Never played football until he arrived at College.

No more Margus Hunt's. If hes there at 6 then maybe.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Victor Ochi looked good.

Reply/Quote
LB Jatavis Brown tore up the NFLPA bowl. Little undersized but 3 of the 4 teams left in the playoffs have undersized LBs. Know nothing about him other than this game but he sure looked like someone I want on our team.

WR Jaydon Mickens looked good in the NFLPA bowl too. Smaller quicker WR.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2016, 11:45 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: LB Jatavis Brown tore up the NFLPA bowl. Little undersized but 3 of the 4 teams left in the playoffs have undersized LBs. Know nothing about him other than this game but he sure looked like someone I want on our team.

WR Jaydon Mickens looked good in the NFLPA bowl too. Smaller quicker WR.

Did Brown take over coverage wise or  pass rushing wise.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2016, 01:51 AM)J24 Wrote: Did Brown take over coverage wise or  pass rushing wise.

Run stopping and coverage. He madecdamn near every tackle in the 4th quarter it seemed
Reply/Quote
Alex Huettel (BGSU) and Ted Karras (Illinois) were both solid performers on the OL.
Karras played LG and Huettel played all 3 interior positions.
Reply/Quote
I like the idea of taking Ochi late like in the 6th.

But I also like the idea of taking Vernon Adams late too. I think AJ McCarron should be traded because his trade stock will never be higher and Andy has been very healthy for his career. So I think you trade AJ to the Rams or maybe even the Browns and then you can develop Adams into a viable backup. He looks the part already and the successes of Russel Wilson and Drew Brees show that the shorter QBs can still do well.
Reply/Quote
CincyWestsideI like the idea of taking Ochi late like in the 6th.

But I also like the idea of taking Vernon Adams late too. I think AJ McCarron should be traded because his trade stock will never be higher and Andy has been very healthy for his career. So I think you trade AJ to the Rams or maybe even the Browns and then you can develop Adams into a viable backup. He looks the part already and the successes of Russel Wilson and Drew Brees show that the shorter QBs can still do well.

Me:
Adams has midget hands, and that will scare many teams away.  His mitts make Teddy Bridgewater's digits look like Johnny Bench's. Ninja
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2016, 03:03 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: No more Margus Hunt's. If hes there at 6 then maybe.

if you think like that then you will end up passing on the next Ziggy Ansah.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals can't afford to use a high round pick on a guy who might contribute in 2018. I'm all for drafting for the next 2-3 years when needed, but we did that in 2015.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2016, 11:41 AM)fredtoast Wrote: if you think like that then you will end up passing on the next Ziggy Ansah.

Ziggy Ansah was a better football player though. 
Reply/Quote