Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easy Fixes for the Defense
(11-27-2017, 09:57 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'm with you on all of that. While I don't think Minter or Rey are good by any means...they typically grade out as Average on PFF. They do have deficiencies though.

Vigil is just plain our worst starter on the team.

Evans grades out as Poor...but I think with time he could get better. I don't have much hope for Vigil.

Agreed on Vigil ...he is just a backup at best...to think we could have drafted Foster over our what looks to be our biggest bust of all time John Ross just burns me.  
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 09:57 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'm with you on all of that. While I don't think Minter or Rey are good by any means...they typically grade out as Average on PFF. They do have deficiencies though.

Vigil is just plain our worst starter on the team.

Evans grades out as Poor...but I think with time he could get better. I don't have much hope for Vigil.

Evans was an all pre season player according to PFF this year, he had a TFL in the Broncos game, and he is a good special team player. I am not saying he is better than vigil but he should get a strong look at getting some PT on defense.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 11:59 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Evans was an all pre season player according to PFF this year, he had a TFL in the Broncos game, and he is a good special team player. I am not saying he is better than vigil but he should get a strong look at getting some PT on defense.

Evans is better than Vigil. Vigil is horribly bad. Possibly one of the worst starters in the entire NFL. He's that bad.
Reply/Quote
I'd like to see us draft a linebacker in the draft to replace Minter (Obviously) and Vigil.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 12:03 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Evans is better than Vigil. Vigil is horribly bad. Possibly one of the worst starters in the entire NFL. He's that bad.

Yeah he is playing bad right now but I am not sure it's because he is a bad player or because of what's being asked of him right now. 1.) I am pretty sure he leads the lb core in snaps this season and 2.) I think the Defense is so complicated that a lot of players are just struggling with their assignments. I am not saying he is great but I think the problem is more mental than him not being able to do it.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 11:47 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Agreed on Vigil ...he is just a backup at best...to think we could have drafted Foster over our what looks to be our biggest bust of all time John Ross just burns me.  

He could play 0 snaps for the rest of his career and come nowhere near the biggest bust of the franchise let alone of all time.  
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 01:52 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: I'd like to see us draft a linebacker in the draft to replace Minter (Obviously) and Vigil.

Foster would have been nice at #9
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 03:56 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Your first three steps literally call for 7 different WRs to play, with 2 TEs added on for good measure when in the redzone.

Every single play will be a Too Many Men On The Field penalty in your plan...

You read the part where I said "sit Lafell", right?  The only other addition is Ross.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 05:28 AM)ah5 Wrote: Foster would have been nice at #9

Yeah...when you draft a WR who has 0 catches through 11 games...I think it lends itself to 2nd guessing.

Foster has only played in 5 games...but he had 13 tackles and 1 assist in 1 and he can cover the TE. We need that desperately.
Reply/Quote
The 5-6 Bengals are subscribing to the "bend don't break" theory of defense. Opponents have reached the red zone against them 38 times, the seventh most in the NFL. But Cincinnati has allowed a touchdown on only 39.5 percent of those drives, the best in the NFL.

Wow!
Reply/Quote