Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easy Roster Decision?
The TE replacing Eifert has already been doing so in Tyler Kroft.

Uzomah and Carter round out the 3 TEs, so the Bengals are NOT thin there.

I'm guessing it will be Nickerson. They need ST fill in, not TE necessarily.
Reply/Quote
If Hewitt is hurt, Carter takes over at h-back. I saw the idea if Cole hikutini floated on here. That's the way I would go.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
Count me in on the Gary and Nick wagon,. I mean, look at Andre.

Reply/Quote
Let's promote Josh Tupou and move him to WR.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2017, 01:51 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: With Eifert going to IR   (officially)  And Hewitt Banged up I'd look for them to try and find a TE... (depending on Hewitt)    

But Wilson is a possibility.   especially with secondary health issues.   which possibly allows them not to use Erikson or Mixon on special teams to keep them fresh for the Offense.
The same for TEs more to prevent injury though.  But, I'm ok with Wilson providing he gets to play.
Reply/Quote
Guess people didn't see Carter stone hand that open TD earlier this year.

If we're counting that guy as "depth", I guess we're good everywhere.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2017, 11:04 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Guess people didn't see Carter stone hand that open TD earlier this year.

If we're counting that guy as "depth", I guess we're good everywhere.

They knew what they were getting with Carter for the most part out of college. He wasn't known as a pass catching TE, but primarily a blocking TE. Think back to another TE everyone called stone hands, Dan Coats. 
There was a guy who played nearly all season with a real messed up thumb and dropped a bunch of passes, but the guy hung in there through considerable pain.. You kind of hope he catches a pass thrown his way, but I doubt they game plan for him to be a target. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2017, 04:23 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Think we would be foolish not to nab Hikutini off 49ers practice squad.

Dude can ball ! He is much faster than his 40 time showed too.  

he injured knee in Citrus bowl and had only just been cleared to run. Should have declined but wanted to show toughness.

Injury and 40 time cost him from being drafted, but was ranked #1 prospect not drafted.

The 49ers like him and are just waiting until he learns Shanahans offense better.

Think the timing is right and he is a right fit as well.

This!!! They should have nabbed Hikutini even before announcing Eifert to IR. The kid is a flat out football player....
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2017, 12:51 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: So Eifert is done. Who takes that roster spot?
I think it lines up pretty well for Brandon Wilson to get a promotion from the practice squad.

2 starting DBs just got hurt and derron smith has been banged up. Seems like a healthy body there would help.

Not to mention Boyd went down and Ross hasnt been healthy. So thats like our 2nd 3rd and 4th returner options hurt including picman. Erickson should be stepping into the slot role so our 1st returner is needed elsewhere.

If the guy we traded up for in the draft is healthy he is needed for his STs ability at least and for emergency depth at DB.

Anyone else got someone they would like to see get that spot on the 53?

If Brandon Wilson's knee is healthy he is the dude i want to see, but i also do like the idea of stealing Hikutini from
the Niners. Another ST'er is more likely though if Wilson is still hurt. Schreck is another possibility here and of course
Nickerson.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2017, 12:33 PM)Sled21 Wrote: This!!! They should have nabbed Hikutini even before announcing Eifert to IR. The kid is a flat out football player....

And yet again, drop it.

He's not that great; the homer love is ridiculous.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2017, 12:40 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: And yet again, drop it.

Lol, made me laugh Truck, Hikutini is a good pass catching TE though unlike Carter.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2017, 12:40 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: And yet again, drop it.

Uh, drop this......

As for those constantly saying we should bring in Nick Mangrove, he has already said his ankle did not heal, and he does not want to feel like he's stealing a check from any organization. The Mangrove book is closed....
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2017, 12:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Lol, made me laugh Truck, Hikutini is a good pass catching TE though unlike Carter.

Which is what we need right now, a TE who doesn't let passes bounce off his hands. Kroft is really emerging, but injured.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2017, 01:13 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Uh, drop this......

As for those constantly saying we should bring in Nick Mangrove, he has already said his ankle did not heal, and he does not want to feel like he's stealing a check from any organization. The Mangrove book is closed....

You mean Mangold of course.

Gonna have to draft our next Center early.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2017, 01:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You mean Mangold of course.

Gonna have to draft our next Center early.

Maybe Mason Cole from Michigan.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2017, 12:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Lol, made me laugh Truck, Hikutini is a good pass catching TE though unlike Carter.

He's ok. Nothing special.

The Cards fans are a bit homerrific.

(10-13-2017, 01:13 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Uh, drop this......

Nope, because he's truly nothing special. Not dropping it.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2017, 02:32 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He's ok. Nothing special.

Nor am I....lol. I've seen Hikutini make too many clutch catches on 3rd downs not to want him here......
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2017, 01:59 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Maybe Mason Cole from Michigan.

Haven't started looking at prospects yet but i will look at this guy next Michigan game. Thanks Pistons.

Everyone is always talking up Wisconsin O-lineman but it seems lots don't pan out as first thought in the NFL.

With the exception of Zeitler of course who is a fine pass blocker.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2017, 02:32 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He's ok. Nothing special.

Sounds like Uzomah. Ninja
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2017, 01:59 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Maybe Mason Cole from Michigan.

I think Mason Cole was a center last year and is now playing tackle this year.  
Reply/Quote