Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easy answer to our short yardage probems.
Upgrade OL and add Patrick Ricard at FB.

I would bet our chances improve on 4th and 1 running the ball. He also would be great in pass protection too over a TE trying to block a DL.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
(03-08-2022, 10:22 AM)Synric Wrote: Ugh #77...

Yeah, you don't have to go very far in just about any game to see him getting rag-dolled. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(03-08-2022, 09:57 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes he did.  He put down his head and ran straight forward.

If you disagree then tell me which way he cut, left or right?
At the snap, his right foot comes back and to the right. He runs straight ahead AFTER THAT, but he wouldn't have stepped back and to the side if Burrow had been under center.

That delays him getting the handoff and getting to the line, which cost him getting the first.

PLEASE TRY AND REFUTE THAT.
(03-08-2022, 10:03 AM)fredtoast Wrote: But he would have had less of a chance of gaining the yards to gain the first down.

That is a fact you can not refute.  We have posted the actual stats and facts to prove it.

We care about reality more than your opinion.

How does that make any sense? Hitting the line harder and faster gives him more of a chance to gain yards? You're trying so hard to be right that you post things like that that make no sense and hope we're all just too confused to argue it.
(03-08-2022, 03:53 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: At the snap, his right foot comes back and to the right. He runs straight ahead AFTER THAT, but he wouldn't have stepped back and to the side if Burrow had been under center.

That delays him getting the handoff and getting to the line, which cost him getting the first.

PLEASE TRY AND REFUTE THAT.

Are you talking about the Mixon play the faulk posted? If so, Burrow is under center. 
(03-08-2022, 04:08 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Are you talking about the Mixon play the faulk posted? If so, Burrow is under center. 

I got mixed up but it doesn't take away from the fact that Mixon side-stepped and didn't run straight at the line, which is what we're talking about.

Way to try and avoid the point.
Cool dumpster fire.
(03-08-2022, 06:28 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I got mixed up but it doesn't take away from the fact that Mixon side-stepped and didn't run straight at the line, which is what we're talking about.

Wrong. He didn't side step. That's what you do.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(03-08-2022, 06:51 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Wrong. He didn't side step. That's what you do.

It doesn't matter if that's what you do because he did it.

You just contradicted yourself.

This is why you can't be taken seriously anymore in this debate.
(03-08-2022, 06:28 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I got mixed up but it doesn't take away from the fact that Mixon side-stepped and didn't run straight at the line, which is what we're talking about.

So, you were wrong about what you said, which you demanded to be refuted in bold. However, this makes you more correct. Am I following? Lol. That's just how Mixon does his up the gut runs, Brad. Most running backs do this. Here is a still from the same game.

[Image: fp6NPLv.png]

Here is the run from earlier, which you are arguing.

[Image: g7uZcUt.png]

Here is a random run from the Chiefs game.

[Image: dK5OXbi.png]

RBs don't just immediately sprint forward. Running plays have timing involved with them and they also have to get some width on their angle in order to receive the ball. They step out, and then go forward. They have to work within the timing of the play. 
(03-08-2022, 07:21 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: So, you were wrong about what you said, which you demanded to be refuted in bold. However, this makes you more correct. Am I following? Lol. That's just how Mixon does his up the gut runs, Brad. Most running backs do this. Here is a still from the same game.

[Image: fp6NPLv.png]

Here is the run from earlier, which you are arguing.

[Image: g7uZcUt.png]

Here is a random run from the Chiefs game.

[Image: dK5OXbi.png]

RBs don't just immediately sprint forward. Running plays have timing involved with them and they also have to get some width on their angle in order to receive the ball. They step out, and then go forward. They have to work within the timing of the play. 

Yes they can just start sprinting forward or take a step angled at the line, not side stepped or stutter. 

You're wrong.
(03-08-2022, 07:28 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Yes they can just start sprinting forward or take a step angled at the line, not side stepped or stutter. 

You're wrong.

Don't even take my word for it. Here is Henry doing it.

[Image: eYaLWS0.png]

And another.

[Image: O2n42LV.png]

I think you are likely thinking of zone runs in comparison to BoB runs, which is what these are. Each individual running play has timing built into it, and this calls for different techniques. If it is a zone run, then yes, they can take an angled approach and get up to speed, like this. 

[Image: XPoSkb0.png]

Note that despite Mixon being angled towards the outside, this run goes A gap on the right side because Mixon cuts back. Generally, when a team runs directly up the middle, they are running BoB. This means that the running back is taking that false step. Here is a random run from the Rams, showing that false step as well.

[Image: EdLaoWB.png]

The run blocking scheme that is being discussed here has the RB taking a false step for angle and timing purposes. 
(03-08-2022, 07:55 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Don't even take my word for it. Here is Henry doing it.

[Image: eYaLWS0.png]

And another.

[Image: O2n42LV.png]

I think you are likely thinking of zone runs in comparison to BoB runs, which is what these are. Each individual running play has timing built into it, and this calls for different techniques. If it is a zone run, then yes, they can take an angled approach and get up to speed, like this. 

[Image: XPoSkb0.png]

Note that despite Mixon being angled towards the outside, this run goes A gap on the right side because Mixon cuts back. Generally, when a team runs directly up the middle, they are running BoB. This means that the running back is taking that false step. Here is a random run from the Rams, showing that false step as well.

[Image: EdLaoWB.png]

The run blocking scheme that is being discussed here has the RB taking a false step for angle and timing purposes. 

Regardless, the quarterback being under center meant that they didn't have to pause a split second to get the ball and hit the hole faster and with more power.
I know I said I was out of this but I've had a few beers tonight. So I will say this and it isn't directed at any one person. It's okay to admit you are wrong even after debating endlessly. In fact it is my opinion it makes one a better person when they can say, "You know I've had my thoughts and opinions on this that I have defended as best as possible but it seems with the evidence provided I am incorrect." I know from countless times in my life of being wrong it is a very uncomfortable feeling so I understand it makes it hard to admit to. But it gets easier the more times it is practiced, makes having discussions with others easier, and relieves a lot of stress. Food for thought.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
(03-08-2022, 10:01 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Shut up. You're talking out of your ass and just disagreeing to disagree at this point. Or you're a complete idiot for actually believing anything you're saying. You pick. 

(03-08-2022, 10:05 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He's just being a jackass at this point. Or his massive inferiority complex is rearing it's ugly head. 

I'm not sure yet. Either way, he's not capable of admitting he's wrong, even when he clearly is.

Doesn't matter. I'm putting his dumb ass on ignore now so i don't need to be tempted to reply to him anymore. 

Zac Taylor addresses his questionable play call

[/url]
Quote:Cincinnati Bengals head coach Zac Taylor has finally spoken about his galaxy brain play call against the Los Angeles Rams.

The Bengals were facing a key third-and-one with less than a minute left in the game and were trailing by three. For that play, Taylor called for a run up the middle with backup running back Samaje Perine.

To say that it didn’t work would be a massive understatement. He was stuffed for no gain by Aaron Donald and then Joe Burrow couldn’t complete a pass on fourth down.
That stop ended up securing the victory for the Rams as they won their first championship in two decades.

Taylor confirmed to the media after the game that he was trying to steal a first down with that call.

“Yeah, they were getting a little softer and we thought we could steal a first down there and come back and take some shots at the end zone,” [url=https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/02/14/zac-taylor-thought-bengals-could-steal-a-first-down-with-late-samaje-perine-run/]Taylor said.
 “Just didn’t work out.”
A lot of fans were surprised that Joe Mixon didn’t get the ball in that situation since he’s the Bengals starting running back.

In the end, Taylor made his bed with that call and he’s going to have to live with it.

He admits that he was trying to be cute and "steal one" instead of going with what works and just pounding it home. He thought he could steal one when the defense would obviously be near the line and they have a guy like Aaron Donald.
(03-08-2022, 03:53 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: How does that make any sense? Hitting the line harder and faster gives him more of a chance to gain yards? You're trying so hard to be right that you post things like that that make no sense and hope we're all just too confused to argue it.

So the result that is proven by statistics and reality does not make as much sense as your opion?

This is fun.
(03-09-2022, 12:28 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: He admits that he was trying to be cute and "steal one" instead of going with what works and just pounding it home. 

Running from the shotgun in short yardage is what works.

Stats and reality prove this.
(03-08-2022, 03:53 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: At the snap, his right foot comes back and to the right. He runs straight ahead AFTER THAT, but he wouldn't have stepped back and to the side if Burrow had been under center.

Go back and look at my post. I am talking about the play where Burrow is under center and Nixon still gets stuffed.
(03-09-2022, 12:28 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Zac Taylor addresses his questionable play call

[url=https://thespun.com/nfl/afc-north/cincinnati-bengals/zac-taylor-addresses-his-questionable-super-bowl-play-call][/url]

He admits that he was trying to be cute and "steal one" instead of going with what works and just pounding it home. He thought he could steal one when the defense would obviously be near the line and they have a guy like Aaron Donald.

(03-09-2022, 12:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So the result that is proven by statistics and reality does not make as much sense as your opion?

This is fun.

(03-09-2022, 12:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Running from the shotgun in short yardage is what works.

Stats and reality prove this.

(03-09-2022, 12:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Go back and look at my post. I am talking about the play where Burrow is under center and Nixon still gets stuffed.

This is very, VERY FUN because I make a post of the coach admitting that he was just trying to "steal one" in a situation where "stealing one" wouldn't work because the defense was expecting run and you still argue that it was the right call!

Ladies and gentleman, Fred claims that he is a better coach that Taylor!
(03-09-2022, 12:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So the result that is proven by statistics and reality does not make as much sense as your opion?

This is fun.

Could you kindly ask him who this "we're" is, he's speaking of? There's one guy on his side of the argument and his name is BFritz21. 

(03-09-2022, 04:03 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Could you kindly ask him who this "we're" is, he's speaking of? There's one guy on his side of the argument and his name is BFritz21. 

Somebody quote my last post and point out that even Taylor said he "was trying to steal one" instead of just hammer it home because that destroys his and Fred's 11 page arguments.