Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easy answer to our short yardage probems.
(02-27-2022, 01:06 PM)Nickslycat Wrote: Running out of the shotgun has everything to do with “fooling the defense”.  For you to state otherwise is simply, ignorance!

If "fooling the defense" makes any difference then running with Burrow under center would even be worse because we are even more likely to run from that formation.

So what exactly is your point?  Why is it better for JB to be under center when we run on short yardage situations?
(02-27-2022, 01:06 PM)Nickslycat Wrote: Like I stated, the bengals being ineffective with Burrow under center on short yardage running plays, is the direct result of a piss poor OL.

Who is disagreeing with you on this point?
(02-27-2022, 11:22 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Hilarious
When people have no response, they just post emojis like that

ThumbsUp
(02-27-2022, 12:24 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Seems to me if we need 1 yard, line them up in the I formation with Shelvin taught to play fullback ala Peko. The line engages into a stalemate as usual, Shelvin then blasts it with his huge body, and Mixon goes over the top. 1st down.
According to a lot of people on here, Mixon or Perine would have been able to jump over the line from the gun because momentum plays no role in anything.

Rolleyes
(02-27-2022, 01:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If "fooling the defense" makes any difference then running with Burrow under center would even be worse because we are even more likely to run from that formation.

So what exactly is your point?  Why is it better for JB to be under center when we run on short yardage situations?

As I showed in the video, which you continue to ignore because visual facts kill your argument, the backers attacked the line immediately, so Perine having to pause for a split second and not having a head start momentum when he received the ball, as well as not getting to the line a split second faster, cost him the short distance that he didn't make the first down by.
(02-26-2022, 06:25 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: So is it the same every time with every back in every situation?

I explained how it would have been different and you didn't even attempt to counter it.

So is it the same every time with every back?

I explained how it would have been different and you didn't even attempt to counter it.

Fred's thinks those useless stats are the same 100% of the time lol... 
(02-26-2022, 06:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: RBs don't make cuts on straight dive plays for the exact same reason you think they are more effective in short yardage.  Momentum.

And I also know running from the shotgun is more effective in short yardage situations.

I've watched Mixon do it a million times...
(02-27-2022, 04:27 PM)Tony Wrote: Fred's thinks those useless stats are the same 100% of the time lol... 
So do a lot of people in this thread.........
(02-27-2022, 04:28 PM)Tony Wrote: I've watched Mixon do it a million times...

But the stats don't say that so none of our backs could have done it according to a lot of people in this thread..........

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47v9p2fj2uqqkmpeq8vs...y.gif&ct=g]

Hilarious
(02-27-2022, 05:20 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Personal attacks instead of discussion. 

Hilarious yet you somehow will claim it's a worthwhile post.

When they're directly relevant to the point, yes you do.

No, that's false, because Perine would have gotten to the line sooner.

Perine would've had a better shot had Burrow been under center.. He at least gets up to speed before getting the ball, instead of right next to the QB and getting it handed right to him... It was piss poor effort by Perine either way.. Hopefully that was the end of his time here..
(02-27-2022, 04:36 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: So do a lot of people in this thread.........

But the stats don't say that so none of our backs could have done it according to a lot of people in this thread..........

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47v9p2fj2uqqkmpeq8vs...y.gif&ct=g]

Hilarious

Bro, it's the same people always doing it.. They just like to argue. That poppa kain dude attacks people constantly.  Just his thing I guess...
(02-27-2022, 04:43 PM)Tony Wrote: Perine would've had a better shot had Burrow been under center.. He at least gets up to speed before getting the ball, instead of right next to the QB and getting it handed right to him... It was piss poor effort by Perine either way.. Hopefully that was the end of his time here..
That's what I've been saying the entire time and, like I said, he also would have gotten further upfield because the backers were crashing the line at the snap.
(02-27-2022, 04:44 PM)Tony Wrote:  Bro, it's the same people always doing it.. They just like to argue. That poppa kain dude attacks people constantly.  Just his thing I guess...

I know.

Him and a few other members (one specifically) throw out completely false information just to argue.
(02-27-2022, 03:49 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: When people have no response, they just post emojis like that

ThumbsUp
According to a lot of people on here, Mixon or Perine would have been able to jump over the line from the gun because momentum plays no role in anything.

Rolleyes

As I showed in the video, which you continue to ignore because visual facts kill your argument, the backers attacked the line immediately, so Perine having to pause for a split second and not having a head start momentum when he received the ball, as well as not getting to the line a split second faster, cost him the short distance that he didn't make the first down by.

Hilarious
(02-27-2022, 04:44 PM)Tony Wrote:  Bro, it's the same people always doing it.. They just like to argue. That poppa kain dude attacks people constantly.  Just his thing I guess...

Who are you? Nevermind; don't care.

Who have I attacked? I pointed out how Brad will literally say facts (accepted truths based on math and science) aren't true. That's not an attack; that's an observation. It's also not an opinion as my boy has been doing it all thread long.

If pointing out how someone is wrong is an attack, I'd hate to see you deal with things like reality or the work force.
(02-27-2022, 04:59 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: That's what I've been saying the entire time and, like I said, he also would have gotten further upfield because the backers were crashing the line at the snap.

I know.

Him and a few other members (one specifically) throw out completely false information just to argue.

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
(02-27-2022, 05:02 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Who are you? Nevermind; don't care.

Who have I attacked? I pointed out how Brad will literally say facts (accepted truths based on math and science) aren't true. That's not an attack; that's an observation. It's also not an opinion as my boy has been doing it all thread long.

If pointing out how someone is wrong is an attack, I'd hate to see you deal with things like reality or the work force.

And I pointed out, with video evidence, how the stats were incorrect in this instance, but you just use personal attacks because you have nothing to counter my post, which will just further prove my point.
(02-27-2022, 05:23 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: And I pointed out, with video evidence, how the stats were incorrect in this instance, but you just use personal attacks because you have nothing to counter my post, which will just further prove my point.

No...

nonononononononononononononononononononononononononononono. 

Running plays are designed a specific way and regardless of under center or shotgun, the running back hits the line at the same time. Period. They don't start running full speed at the line and "get there quicker with more momentum" from under center. 

You played football brad. I'm surprised you keep arguing this ignorant point. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(02-27-2022, 05:27 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No...

nonononononononononononononononononononononononononononono. 

Running plays are designed a specific way and regardless of under center or shotgun, the running back hits the line at the same time. Period. They don't start running full speed at the line and "get there quicker with more momentum" from under center. 

You played football brad. I'm surprised you keep arguing this ignorant point. 

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

This has to be sarcastic!

When the QB is under center, the back starts running straight towards the line at the snap, but, as I showed in the video description in my earlier post, the back has to pause for a split second to get the ball when the QB is in the shotgun!

You call my post ignorant and then make a stupid comment like that?!
(02-27-2022, 05:34 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

This has to be sarcastic!

When the QB is under center, the back starts running straight towards the line at the snap, but, as I showed in the video description in my earlier post, the back has to pause for a split second to get the ball when the QB is in the shotgun!

You call my post ignorant and then make a stupid comment like that?!

I don't know why you're not some world-renowned genius because, apparently, all of your ideas are infallible and beyond reproach. Mellow

Quick question. Are you aware of the difference between ignorant and stupid?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(02-27-2022, 05:23 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: And I pointed out, with video evidence, how the stats were incorrect in this instance, but you just use personal attacks because you have nothing to counter my post, which will just further prove my point.

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious 
This thread has turned into a shit show and it's not the OP's fault.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(02-27-2022, 10:44 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Statistics and facts aren't always right.

This was situational football.

I pointed out facts in the video but all of you ignore them. It's convenient that you can ignore those facts but then accuse me of doing the same thing.

If calling plays was based off of just reading stats, then being an offensive coordinator would be easy.

The video really proves nothing, because you are basing your position on the false assumption that if we lined up in a different formation, the Rams would line up the exact same way and play it the exact same way.  

This is a big mistake people make when criticizing play calling.  You can talk about why a play was a bad design or a bad situational call, but when you start going into "shoulda called X" territory, you're getting into a lot of false assumptions.  

Since you're changing the play and the formation and the Rams are not going to line up and play it exactly the same as the video, the only thing we can judge it on is the statistics Fred and Faulk have provided, which is that it is  statistically less likely to yield a first down than passing it or running it out of shotgun.
(02-27-2022, 05:02 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Who are you? Nevermind; don't care.

You cared enough to reply.. Man, I wish be could all be as badass as you...