Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Easy to overlook a benefit of having the Bengals in Cincinati
With all the moaning and negativity that is going on in this forum.

I thought I'd try to post some news that should make everyone a little bit happier.

It would have been nice to have stuff like this when I was a kid.

Proud of the Bengals organization for doing things like this.

https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-donate-250-000-for-south-avondale-field
Reply/Quote
No way, Mike Brown is too big a miser..... Ninja
Reply/Quote
If this were the Reds in our biased Cincy media market it would have been all over the news......Mike Brown does something good and its posted in the classified section
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
When you are very wealthy, it's fun to donate money. It really is, plus it helps with taxes (most importantly).
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2018, 10:06 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: When you are very wealthy, it's fun to donate money. It really is, plus it helps with taxes (most importantly).

In addition to "And it doesn't make one bit of difference if you answer right or wrong. When you're rich they think you really know." ~From Fiddler on the Roof 
In the case of MB it's always doubtful though .
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2018, 10:06 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: When you are very wealthy, it's fun to donate money. It really is, plus it helps with taxes (most importantly).

It doesn't really help with taxes.  You don't save in taxes what you spend on charity.  They did a good thing.  I still think he's a terrible owner, but that doesn't take away when the Bengals do good things for people. I'm just grateful Shawn Williams didn't drop the check.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2018, 10:41 AM)michaelsean Wrote: It doesn't really help with taxes.  You don't save in taxes what you spend on charity.  They did a good thing.  I still think he's a terrible owner, but that doesn't take away when the Bengals do good things for people. I'm just grateful Shawn Williams didn't drop the check.

He’s got better hands than our CB’s so they went with him.

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2018, 10:41 AM)michaelsean Wrote: It doesn't really help with taxes.  You don't save in taxes what you spend on charity.  They did a good thing.  I still think he's a terrible owner, but that doesn't take away when the Bengals do good things for people.  I'm just grateful Shawn Williams didn't drop the check.

It doesn't but Ive always felt it's better to donate and write it off than give that money to the gov. I donate to my local library, local PeeWee football league, and the MAC (Mountaineer Athletic Club).
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2018, 10:46 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’s got better hands than our CB’s so they went with him.

True.   He's dropped a lot but he's held on to two or three, so that makes him king in that backfield.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
A quarter of a million bucks for synthetic grass on yet another HS football field. Hmmmm..While that's not nothing there are probably a million more important things that a quarter of a million bucks could go towards to benefit many more people than a handful of HS football players. How many people in the community will truly benefit from synthetic grass there? I'm guessing not a lot. 
Anyone remember when Dayton raised a few million from the community to do something to save hundreds of thousands of lives over the course of the past century in building 5 dams and levies to hold back the waters of the Miami river? In the grand scheme of things that was far more important than synthetic grass. 
Oh well. Don't look to the business community to rebuild infrastructure unless it directly benefits their bottom line and makes them even more money..
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2018, 10:55 AM)grampahol Wrote: A quarter of a million bucks for synthetic grass on yet another HS football field. Hmmmm..While that's not nothing there are probably a million more important things that a quarter of a million bucks could go towards to benefit many more people than a handful of HS football players. How many people in the community will truly benefit from synthetic grass there? I'm guessing not a lot. 
Anyone remember when Dayton raised a few million from the community to do something to save hundreds of thousands of lives over the course of the past century in building 5 dams and levies to hold back the waters of the Miami river? In the grand scheme of things that was far more important than synthetic grass. 
Oh well. Don't look to the business community to rebuild infrastructure unless it directly benefits their bottom line and makes them even more money..

They could start having community fun raising events, shotgun weddings Vegas style, BBQ competitions, voting place, birthday parties, military training among other things, now that they got synthetic grass they just need to put it to good use and encourage the community to use the field. Definitely could be used for other more "important" things.
Reply/Quote