Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eating Crow
(04-30-2017, 07:33 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I'm not upset in the least about the Ross pick. I felt that both players were capable of helping the team. I also believe that Uzi, Hewitt, and Kroft are capable. Ts, I will feel better about it when I see some consistency from any TE on the roster not named Eiffert.

Then that said, I will be even more happy when I see some out of him. Do you get where I'm going now? I don't mean any disrespect whatsoever with any of the concerns that I have. They are real & valid concerns. Now TE may be a major weakness after this season. Hell, it very well could be this season.

Kroft,Uzi, & Hewitt aren't near the talent that Howard is. Still, I'm ok with the Ross pick. It just means we will probably be in need of one in next year's draft. Unless, of course, Mr.Glass can stay healthy for awhile, and we can resign him?

Eifert has had a run of bad luck, no doubt.  I wouldn't go so far to say that Uzomah isn't nearly the talent of Howard.  OJ had a defense that got his offense the ball a lot, yet he still only had modest production.  Uzomah came from the wacky Gus Manzel offense, but the Bengals saw his athleticism and thought he could develop in to a premier TE.  I have attached an article about his pro day from over a year ago.  It shows his 40 time would have been the 2nd fastest of all the TEs and he was also the 3rd heaviest, at 263 lbs.  

Kroft hasn't shown much yet, but this year he will get a chance to prove himself when 100% healthy.  

With Ross and AJ on the outside, this should be a TEs dream.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 01:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True, are you going to put Mixon in your avatar now CJD?

I'll root for him, but I don't really want to be proud of him, if that makes sense.

I'll probably put Ross in my avatar.
Reply/Quote
Mixon, Ross and AJ along with Malone and maybe Eifert on the field all at the same time?  
Wait, maybe I can't count to 11, but it sounds good on this post anyway.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Online sacks ass. Only thing holding us back. Let's be honest
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 01:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: All true, but continuity is the biggest deal with O-lines almost all the time.

This year, Og will have an entire Offseason and will be at his natural position, LT.

Fisher will FINALLY play one position, RT.

We FINALLY will have a good run blocking RG if Andre Smith can stay healthy.

Boling should be healthy unlike last year when he had a bum shoulder.

There are reasons to be optimistic even with our biggest weakness HH.

Yes sir, I know. But when Og went to LT, it still wasn't pretty (putting it lightly). Andre has never played guard before. Fisher hasn't started to many games, but of course has played some. Experience is severely lacking on this line, and at the edges to make it worse. I think it's perfectly fine to be optimistic (I am), but I doing so cautiously. I am not ready to say we're a playoff team until I see these guys protect our franchise QB and actually run the ball well. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 08:31 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Eifert has had a run of bad luck, no doubt.  I wouldn't go so far to say that Uzomah isn't nearly the talent of Howard.  OJ had a defense that got his offense the ball a lot, yet he still only had modest production.  Uzomah came from the wacky Gus Manzel offense, but the Bengals saw his athleticism and thought he could develop in to a premier TE.  I have attached an article about his pro day from over a year ago.  It shows his 40 time would have been the 2nd fastest of all the TEs and he was also the 3rd heaviest, at 263 lbs.  

Kroft hasn't shown much yet, but this year he will get a chance to prove himself when 100% healthy.  

With Ross and AJ on the outside, this should be a TEs dream.  

I'd agree with this. With all of the talent that Howard had around him...it's really impossible to say how much was him and how much was just the offense and defense that Alabama had.

I'd pose this question: IF OJ Howard played for a team like Miami or Pitt...would he have been such a highly rated TE prospect?

It's impossible to know...but I'm doubting that he looks as good as he did at Alabama on those teams.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 10:52 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'd agree with this. With all of the talent that Howard had around him...it's really impossible to say how much was him and how much was just the offense and defense that Alabama had.

I'd pose this question: IF OJ Howard played for a team like Miami or Pitt...would he have been such a highly rated TE prospect?

It's impossible to know...but I'm doubting that he looks as good as he did at Alabama on those teams.

He might have actually been selected higher if he played for a team where he was the focus and he racked up gaudy stats.  He had a big game in the Championship Game, but his season wasn't that impressive.  A lot of that blame should fall on Kiffin, but you can't argue with their run-first offense...they win a ton of games. 
Reply/Quote
I think we will be cutting either Kroft or Uzomah along with possibly Hill and possibly Hewitt. This of course depends upon a clean bill of health and a contract for Eifert.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 10:29 PM)Joelist Wrote: I think we will be cutting either Kroft or Uzomah along with possibly Hill and possibly Hewitt. This of course depends upon a clean bill of health and a contract for Eifert.

My vote?  None of the above...

They love all those TEs and it is Hill's contract year.  You don't release someone that is playing for a new contract.  The Mixon pick might be just the competition needed to kick Hill in the butt and get him going again.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 04:40 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: The first 6 picks of this draft were "we want to win now" picks. Ross, mixon, Willis, Lawson, Glasgow and Elliot will all have significant impacts in one way or another on the season. And there is an outside chance Malone will as well.

This draft has been money! Embrace it, dude.

considering marvin is on the last year of his deal.. Win now should be very important
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 10:29 PM)Joelist Wrote: I think we will be cutting either Kroft or Uzomah along with possibly Hill and possibly Hewitt. This of course depends upon a clean bill of health and a contract for Eifert.

I could see moving one to the practice squad if eligible...   new TE will be on the Ps..

So we will roll with Eifert
Hewitt
Uzomah
Kroft as TEs again

Unless the UDFA fullback can take hewitts spot there  then I think Hewitt is still the 2nd best TE on the roster.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2017, 10:49 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Yes sir, I know. But when Og went to LT, it still wasn't pretty (putting it lightly). Andre has never played guard before. Fisher hasn't started to many games, but of course has played some. Experience is severely lacking on this line, and at the edges to make it worse. I think it's perfectly fine to be optimistic (I am), but I doing so cautiously. I am not ready to say we're a playoff team until I see these guys protect our franchise QB and actually run the ball well. 

1st and 2nd round draft pick going into their 3rd year gotta play....  before we gotta decide who to pay.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2017, 12:24 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: 1st and 2nd round draft pick going into their 3rd year gotta play....  before we gotta decide who to pay.

Yepper. I guess I was just echoing that I am curbing my expectations of this being a PO team until i see them take that jump. They're mostly good in all other areas of the team outside of OL and DL, but I am more hopeful for DL stepping up vs OL. 

I am very, very confident this will be not be a 6 win team again, for what-ever that's worth. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote