Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ed Reed and Hines Ward's article on the AFCN
http://www.theplayerstribune.com/ed-reed-hines-ward-ravens-steelers-rivalry-afc-north/

Pretty good read. The two talk like old friends.

Ward says anyone dressed in purple was sent home to change. Reed says that they would play Renegade non-stop during Steelers week so that they felt like it was their song when they played it during the games.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2016, 01:44 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: http://www.theplayerstribune.com/ed-reed-hines-ward-ravens-steelers-rivalry-afc-north/

Pretty good read. The two talk like old friends.

Ward says anyone dressed in purple was sent home to change. Reed says that they would play Renegade non-stop during Steelers week so that they felt like it was their song when they played it during the games.

Will that rivalry continue? I'm not so sure, even though some of the old gang are still there--Rothlisberger, Suggs, etc.

Mosely and Shazier don't HATE yet.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2016, 02:39 PM)Dill Wrote: Will that rivalry continue? I'm not so sure, even though some of the old gang are still there--Rothlisberger, Suggs, etc.

Mosely and Shazier don't HATE yet.

A Ravens news page was commenting on this. The Ravens are 8-3 in the last 5 year. In 2014, we played 3 games with an average margin of scoring of 18 points (2 20 point games and a 13 point game). 

Ed, Ray, and Haloti aren't there. Troy and Hines aren't there. Basically Suggs and Ben left from the glory days. Last year, It was Flacco v Vick and Mallett v Ben.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2016, 03:07 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: A Ravens news page was commenting on this. The Ravens are 8-3 in the last 5 year. In 2014, we played 3 games with an average margin of scoring of 18 points (2 20 point games and a 13 point game). 

Ed, Ray, and Haloti aren't there. Troy and Hines aren't there. Basically Suggs and Ben left from the glory days. Last year, It was Flacco v Vick and Mallett v Ben.
Harrison is still there too, and Pouncey, and on your side Dumervil.

Fans still hate though. Think of the entire plane booing Ward on a flight from Washington to Baltimore. 

I would hate to see the hate end, given how great the rivalry was.

And maybe it's not really gone. Remember the game last year when the RAvens won with virtually all their offensive stars missing.
That sense that records and injuries did not matter when these teams played was what made them worth watching.  If the Steelers
were 7-0 right now and the Ravens 0-7 I would still worry about this game more than the upcoming Cowboys game.
Reply/Quote