Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eddie Van Halen Passed Away
Horrible news, Eddie passed away today at the age of 65 from throat cancer. He was the inspiration for so many musicians and is horrible to hear this news.

2020 is one gut punch after another...
Reply/Quote
This is bullshit...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
He was truly a legend and an icon of music. RIP
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hard to argue that's he not the most important guitarist since Jimi Hendrix. In fact, I really can't even think of a close 2nd.

RIP, Eddie.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 05:42 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Hard to argue that's he not the most important guitarist since Jimi Hendrix.  In fact, I really can't even think of a close 2nd.

RIP, Eddie.

Your absolutely right. When people list their favorite guitarists of all time, thats good and fine its their opinions and nothing wrong with that at all... BUT... When it comes to rock guitarists who came and changed the way guitar was approached and played there are only two at the top... Jimi Hendrix and Eddie Van Halen...

those guys changed it all...
Reply/Quote
I remember getting like a dozen 8 tracks in one of those mail order specials. Van Halen II was among them and those two tapes were wore out in like a couple months.

RIP Eddie
Reply/Quote
RIP EVH. Seems just like yesterday I went to the Sharonville K-Mart and bought "1984" with my snow shoveling money. K-Mart's gone and now Eddie is too. He was a master at guitar and piano. Godspeed.
Reply/Quote
RIP. I was never a fan but it's always sad to see anyone go before their time from cancer. He went to his grave believing the metal picks he used and put in his mouth was the cause of his cancer.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Eddie lived a good life. So much great guitar he created. His sound. Even beyond Van Halen, that's him in Thriller. Scored himself a good wife for awhile also in Valerie. RIP and may his music always live.
Reply/Quote
I feel sorry for my neighbors. They love Van Halen so much, they threw a brick through my window just so they can hear it better.

Thanks for the amazing music, Edward

Rest In Peace
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 10:20 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: I feel sorry for my neighbors. They love Van Halen so much, they threw a brick through my window just so they can hear it better.

Thanks for the amazing music, Edward

Rest In Peace

A huge loss in the Rock World...this guy was the most unique guitarists Ive ever heard. I still recall siting there with my friends and hearing "Aint talkin Bout Love "on the radio and thought Holy Shit ! who is this??!! So glad I had the opportunity to VH , him and DLR 5 yrs ago here in LA.  He belongs up there on the Mt Rushmore of Rock Guitarists with Hendrix and others.
RIP Eddie and thank you for all that amazing music you created and that I still listen to.

Reply/Quote
I saw right when I finished work yesterday, so raised a glass to Eddie and played some of his great works. What a loss, and so young.

2020 has been a rough year, starting will Neil Peart. I found a list of the musicians who have passed, and there are a number of actors who also passed this year who had big names. Quite the year all around :/

https://bestclassicbands.com/musician-deaths-2020-6-26-20/
Reply/Quote
Very sad. One of the best ever. Developed the 'tapping' method. Rest in peace, Eddie. Thanks for the great music!
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
This sucked when I woke up this morning and saw this. EVH was one of the greatest guitarists ever. Cannot name any better.

It is always opinion for most on who is the best, but I can see why anyone would say EVH is the best.

Cleaner than Jimmy, invented the tapping method, just one of a kind. Playing up in heaven now.

RIP Eddie.
Reply/Quote

Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
So I saw the news yesterday shortly before leaving work, and was obviously disappointed to hear it. But it didn't really sink in, not until today when radio stations were playing Van Halen non-stop in tribute.

You'll be missed, Eddie. R.I.P.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 10:20 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: I feel sorry for my neighbors. They love Van Halen so much, they threw a brick through my window just so they can hear it better.

I saw them live on the "Diver Down" tour in 1982.

Back then I had neighbors who listened to VanHalen all the time.  .  .  whether they wanted to or not.
Reply/Quote