Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Edited: Green will play this week, or maybe not, now ruled out
To recap, early Wednesday Zac said Green was expected to play Sunday.  A few hours later it was reported that Green did not practice and was day-to-day due to a swollen ankle.  So now we are left guessing if Zac spoke too soon or if Green is malingering or if no one on the team seems to really know what is going on with their key players.  What a sad state this team is in when fans are left wondering if arguably the Bengals best player is faking injury to save them self for a better contract, possibly misdiagnosed or no one on the Bengals staff really has a clue what the hell is his going on with his ankle after all these months .  He was reported out 6-8 weeks in late July.  It is now up to 14 weeks and growing.  Almost twice as much as the 8 week prediction.

On a side note Cordy Glenn seems to have gotten through a full padded practice Thursday.  Odd there doesn't seem to be more news on this, including the Bengals website or Bengals reporters like Hobson, that I can find at this time.  Maybe there is not much to be expected or they have just given up caring about him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 07:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: "a month or two"?

He had 10 months to recover the injury he had in 2018 and he could not make it through one non-contact practice without getting seriously injured again.

I don't think any team in the league will pay him much unless he comes back this year and plays lights out.

Indeed. He's transitioning from #1 WR to aging star that's oft injured. He'll be a #2 or #3 WR somewhere that has a reliable guy as the top wr.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 06:09 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: The only draw back to your plan is you would have to franchise AJ to keep the right to trade him. It would cost 17+ million to franchise him. Then they have to hope not only some team is going to give a high pick for him but also will he sign the tag. Take the 17 million and add another player that can and wants to be here. Let him walk.

Geez, remember in 2011 when we were glad Carson and Chad were taking their pouty over-priced arses outta here and we had Dalton and AJ who wanted to be here?  We just keep kicking this can down the road, don't we?

No one wants to be in Cincy because our owner is lazy and sucks.  This is like some incel level stuff where the Bengals just keep stinking and whining that none of the GOOD PLAYERS want to be with us...they all want to go to the jerkbag Patriots!  If AJ Green doesn't want to be here then this franchise really needs to call this a rock bottom point and dig their way out of this hole and make players want to maybe be here rather than wait for some perfect players who LOVE the idea of wasting their careers in Cincy just fall from the damn sky.

Ok, rant mode over.

Hit the road AJ, thanks for nothing.
Reply/Quote
Zac doesn't think Green's contract situation is impacting his availability.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/11/07/zac-taylor-doesnt-think-contract-situation-is-impacting-a-j-greens-availability/

Quote:Taylor said he takes Green at his word when he was asked how much he thinks the lack of a contract is contributing to Green being out of action.

“Zero. I 100 percent believe he wants to be out there,” Taylor said. “He’s one of the most genuine and honest players in this league. I trust whatever he says.”
Green said on Thursday that he’s not considering shutting it down for the year, so there will be more watching and waiting to see if he’ll get on the field in the weeks to come. At this point, expecting anything other than more of the same doesn’t seem like the best bet.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 10:19 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Zac doesn't think Green's contract situation is impacting his availability.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/11/07/zac-taylor-doesnt-think-contract-situation-is-impacting-a-j-greens-availability/

I don't quite grasp why we can't just be glad AJ is on the bench because we're totally "gonna see what we have in the other WRs to see if we need to draft one" ala the Dalton to Finley situation.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 01:58 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I'll make you a wager that he does not go top 5. Burrow, that is. 

You’ll need that cash machine...

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 10:44 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I don't quite grasp why we can't just be glad AJ is on the bench because we're totally "gonna see what we have in the other WRs to see if we need to draft one" ala the Dalton to Finley situation.

Because we saw what most of them had when he was out hurt last year.  
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2019, 02:42 AM)Whatever Wrote: Because we saw what most of them had when he was out hurt last year.  

Yeah but we have like a real coach now, right?
Reply/Quote
"We get a chance to figure out and problem solve. That's what I love,” Taylor said. “That's what I love about the staff we've put together. It's a bunch of problem solvers."

You heard it there folks..Problem solvers like how to suck up to Mike Brown without getting fired! Problem solved!
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote