Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Edited: Green will play this week, or maybe not, now ruled out
(11-06-2019, 05:09 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Anyways, they're already backtracking on this. He's not going to play Sunday, and I'm not certain he takes a snap this season.

Should have been traded. I’m sure he would heal a lot faster on another team. Just a hunch. Lol maybe Dalton’s paying him to sit.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 01:44 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Should have been traded. I’m sure he would heal a lot faster on another team. Just a hunch. Lol maybe Dalton’s paying him to sit.

Contract negotiations are going nowhere and A.J. is fed up. He wants out. I think that’s obvious. As others have said, they should have traded him when they had the chance.

He will never play anther down for the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2019, 09:56 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I like Herbert’s size, and arm strength, but the few times I’ve watched him I haven’t been terribly impressed. Tbf I haven’t seen him that much though.

Then calling me a "loon" seems to be a bit premature, no?
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 09:33 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Then calling me a "loon" seems to be a bit premature, no?

This is the MO of many when it comes to draft picks. They are experts and know everything. They pick their guy and if you have a different guy they attempt to abuse your opinion.

Fred has pointed out correctly, the number of round 1 QB's taken in last decade being highly successful is not as high as most would think. Also, more than one guy can succeed as well. But, again some get so locked into their guy they lose all objectivity.

You are not a loon, that is absurd.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2019, 02:48 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/11/06/a-j-green-to-make-his-2019-debut-this-week/

Edit: Despite multiple reports, including Hobson, stating Zac said Green will play Sunday, there are now reports that Green wasn't a participant at practice today. 

Zac has now stated Green is day-to-day.

AJ won't play and risk getting injured until he has a new contract with guaranteed money. Why should he. He is collecting a check for the next eight weeks. If he plays and gets hurt his value goes to almost zero. Better he doesn't play and we get the first pick. Would we get comp pick if he walks?
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 02:54 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Contract negotiations are going nowhere and A.J. is fed up. He wants out. I think that’s obvious. As others have said, they should have traded him when they had the chance.

He will never play anther down for the Bengals.

Do you know what was offered for a 31 year old player who has one catch it the last year and has been out with a sprained ankle for three months?
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 11:01 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: AJ won't play and risk getting injured until he has a new contract with guaranteed money. Why should he. He is collecting a check for the next eight weeks. If he plays and gets hurt his value goes to almost zero. Better he doesn't play and we get the first pick. Would we get comp pick if he walks?

I think the Comp pick is limited because of his age and years in the league.

But yes...there's little reason for him to play at this point.

Which brings up an interesting question...What would our record need to be to compel him to play? Is it 4-4? 3-5? 5-3?
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2019, 09:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You know, that was my thought, until I actually watched Herbert in a game.  Not just highlights, but actual game play.  Turns out, I like him.  I would not be disappointed if the Bengals took Burrow or Herbert, I think that they're both going to be winners as pros.

If they take Herbert do we have to call him Abear? That's a deal breaker for me.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2019, 03:16 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Joe Burrow is not a top 5 pick. He's benefiting from a brand new system at LSU that is making him look much better than he actually is. He's a day two guy, but teams will overdraft him based on these numbers.

There are 2 QBs who should be considered top 5 picks - Herbert and Tua. 

I disagree wholeheartedly.

Herbert is falling because he hasn't really improved. Scouting him is as difficult as doing Haskins last year because both these guys primarily throw either behind the line of scrimmage or within 5 yards. Anything over 10 yards they are both very inconsistent. Herbert can move well so he has that up the statue Haskins though.

Now Joe Burrow is the best in college football under pressure. He is the best downfield passer. He runs his offense where most are run from the sideline. 

Tua Tagovailoa and Joe Burrow are hands down the two best QBs in the draft. It's going to be one hell of a game Saturday.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 11:15 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think the Comp pick is limited because of his age and years in the league.

But yes...there's little reason for him to play at this point.

Which brings up an interesting question...What would our record need to be to compel him to play? Is it 4-4? 3-5? 5-3?

I don't think anything will compel AJ to play other than a new contract with guaranteed money. He will return the Sunday after that happens not before. His last contract pays him a million a year on average. He has missed 15 games, or nearly 15 million , but doesn't feel he should play until he gets more. The fans who criticize MB should also see that everything that goes on is not in his control.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 09:33 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Then calling me a "loon" seems to be a bit premature, no?

Again, I HAVE watched entire games of Herbert. Just watched them against Washington a few weeks ago.

And the loon comment was about you not thinking Burrow is top 5. Not for liking Herbert better.

Reply/Quote
I might be letting the overall situation that permeates the franchise at the moment (or it always does, it's just that everything is outta whack right now) color my perception here, but I feel like AJ Green is finally getting to the point where he's just sandbagging it. He publicly states that he wants to be here forever, but he possible feels slighted that his sentiments and praise of the Bengals isn't getting him a long-term deal.

ZT comes off like a bit of a company shill as he continues to promise AJ Green is going to be ready soon for the past 3+ months and then says he will be back after the bye before AJ announces "no I won't." As much as AJ has been injured as of late I can see him wanting to take a 1 year deal elsewhere if that's what he's apt to get here and I don't see other teams holding it against him that he sat out on the Bengals/Mike Brown.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 11:26 AM)Synric Wrote: I disagree wholeheartedly.

Herbert is falling because he hasn't really improved. Scouting him is as difficult as doing Haskins last year because both these guys primarily throw either behind the line of scrimmage or within 5 yards. Anything over 10 yards they are both very inconsistent. Herbert can move well so he has that up the statue Haskins though.

Now Joe Burrow is the best in college football under pressure. He is the best downfield passer. He runs his offense where most are run from the sideline. 

Tua Tagovailoa and Joe Burrow are hands down the two best QBs in the draft. It's going to be one hell of a game Saturday.

These debates are fun because no one knows the outcome, yet many lock in on a guy or 2 as can't miss and easy decision to draft in top 5 of an NFL draft.

I think Burrow is interesting and may turn out on top. I ma interested to see how he performs against a good Alabama defense likely at times to put him under pressure. How does he respond to it? He seems mobile and a decent runner if things break down, again will he show well running the ball going against some great athletes.

On the other side, you have Tua. I wished we could see him play against a great defense which LSU is not been so far this year.

I am looking forward to enjoying the game and watching 2 college QB's compete against each other.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 01:08 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: These debates are fun because no one knows the outcome, yet many lock in on a guy or 2 as can't miss and easy decision to draft in top 5 of an NFL draft.

I think Burrow is interesting and may turn out on top. I ma interested to see how he performs against a good Alabama defense likely at times to put him under pressure. How does he respond to it? He seems mobile and a decent runner if things break down, again will he show well running the ball going against some great athletes.

On the other side, you have Tua. I wished we could see him play against a great defense which LSU is not been so far this year.

I am looking forward to enjoying the game and watching 2 college QB's compete against each other.

Both Alabama and LSU defenses haven't been on par with their norm this season. I think they are ranked 16th and 23rd. But Another matchup to watch in this game will be Alabama WR group which is likely the best in the nation against LSUs very good and well coached defensive backs.

It's also a crazy time for LSU right now because they've had 2 defenders leave the team for personal reasons in the last week including one of their leading edge guys Michael Divinity.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 12:18 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Again, I HAVE watched entire games of Herbert. Just watched them against Washington a few weeks ago.

And the loon comment was about you not thinking Burrow is top 5. Not for liking Herbert better.

I'll make you a wager that he does not go top 5. Burrow, that is. 
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
General comments.

1. Anyone who says we should have traded Green "when we had the chance" please tell me what the Bengals were offered for him. I seriously doubt any team offered anything for a guy who could not play.

2. As much as I like Green I also believe he may be malingering. I have never known of the Bengals to negotiate contracts during the season, and most players are against that. So I don't know why we are now getting reports that the Bengals and Green are far apart. If Green really is negotiating his extension right now then I don't think we will se him play.

3. No matter what you all think you know about the current college QBs the ranking s of the "experts" will most likely change a lot after the college season is over. That does not sound like it makes much sense, but that is hat happens pretty much every year unless you have someone like Andrew Luck.
Reply/Quote
Don't expect AJ to play, no point unless he just wants to get his feet wet again and up his stock but even
then it is risky for his career. We never do contracts in the middle of a season either, nor do we make in
season trades so more reasons for AJ to not play.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2019, 02:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: General comments.

1.  Anyone who says we should have traded Green "when we had the chance" please tell me what the Bengals were offered for him.  I seriously doubt any team offered anything for a guy who could not play.

2.  As much as I like Green I also believe he may be malingering.  I have never known of the Bengals to negotiate contracts during the season, and most players are against that.  So I don't know why we are now getting reports that the Bengals and Green are far apart.  If Green really is negotiating his extension right now then I don't think we will se him play.

3.  No matter what you all think you know about the current college QBs the ranking s of the "experts" will most likely change a lot after the college season is over.  That does not sound like it makes much sense, but that is hat happens pretty much every year unless you have someone like Andrew Luck.

Starting to worry about #2 myself.

It sounds like Glenn won't be starting this week too. He's yet to make it through a full practice in pads.
Reply/Quote
Let him walk get the Comp pick.

Reply/Quote