Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Educate a dumb fan like me..why no intrest in Trent.?
Trent Williams apparently hasn't reported to Redskins camp and doesn't plan to, so we need to go sign him!

He says it's not about money, but I say throw as much as we can at him as possible! Our line and linebackers are the only thing (in my mind) that are holding this team back from being a serious contender (although Pratt's play has seemed promising and maybe it elevates other backers' play), so we need to try and trade for him and sign him if they release him!

I know that we wouldn't be the only team looking at him (and probably not the most attractive), but that would be a HUGE boost to our team!

Any chance we sign him or even go after a trade?

(My internet has been down so I haven't been able to keep up with how the line looks, but has it been as big of a problem as most of us projected?)
Reply/Quote
He is under contract. We would have to trade for him. And the last I heard it WAS about the money. He was wanting more from the Redskins.
Reply/Quote
Of course it would be a huge boost, therefore we will not go get him
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Don’t need the attitude.

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2019, 04:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He is under contract.  We would have to trade for him.  And the last I heard it WAS about the money.  He was wanting more from the Redskins.

https://nypost.com/2019/08/08/trent-williams-redskins-holdout-due-to-issues-with-training-staff/

It's not. He has serious issues with the training staff. Most reports now are saying he is "done" in Washington. 

With that said, there is a 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% chance this organization pursues him.  Mellow
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2019, 04:09 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: https://nypost.com/2019/08/08/trent-williams-redskins-holdout-due-to-issues-with-training-staff/

It's not. He has serious issues with the training staff. Most reports now are saying he is "done" in Washington. 

With that said, there is a 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% chance this organization pursues him.  Mellow

You have WAAAAAYYYYY overestimated the odds.
Reply/Quote
They should be able to buy low, though no matter how disgruntled good LT will still fetch a 3rd on an expiring deal.  Maybe they offer the Skins a conditional 4th/3rd depending on signing long term and hope for the best.

If they don't stay far from the comp pick model, they could still gain any a 4th back a year later (can't remember the age where they'd get only a 5th back like the Whitworth situation).  There may still be a market for Gio for a similar 5th/4th trade if it's an absolute in the FO's mind to not be down a pick in the draft.  

This team is so behind schedule on the OL as a whole, having Trent and Jonah on the outside fixes that for a couple years.  
Reply/Quote
There is a team that makes big trades for pricey malcontents and they are called the Browns and they're going to implode this year...or so I've been told.
Reply/Quote
I wonder if they'd let Trent go for a fourth and a pick, conditional (based on if we make playoffs or not) pick? Perhaps another fourth.

If that was the case, I'd go for that.

This would put immense pressure on Glenn to perform and definitely stack up our offensive line.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2019, 04:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He is under contract. We would have to trade for him. And the last I heard it WAS about the money. He was wanting more from the Redskins.

Irrespective of the narrative from his camp, it is about money.

We essentially gave the Bills a mid second round pick for Glenn.

Williams will cost more. So the chances are low.
Reply/Quote
The bigger issue is what do we do with Trent Williams after Jonah returns? He isn't going to be cool with moving to RT and neither will Jonah.
Reply/Quote
Likely, the Redskins would want Glenn and a pick.

Trent Williams wants a new contract. Do you want to give him one? I don't.

He's discontent with the Washington Medical Staff and the Front Office. How long before he loses his love for Mike Brown and the Bengals Medical Staff? A month? Mid-season?

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2019, 04:49 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: I wonder if they'd let Trent go for a fourth and a pick, conditional (based on if we make playoffs or not) pick? Perhaps another fourth.

If that was the case, I'd go for that.

This would put immense pressure on Glenn to perform and definitely stack up our offensive line.

it would give us a big beefy expensive left side of the OL...  glenn would slide back to LG probly if we signed Trent.

I just don't see us investing much in him as Williams will be back at the latest next season.  (not that Williams is a sure thing as we know draft picks aren't)  but   if trent would play this year at his rate then sure if he wants an extenstion   its not in the cards I don't think.

personally I think it plays out like palmer sit-out did... make him sit until the trade value is maxxed and you cant refuse the offer coming.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2019, 04:55 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Likely, the Redskins would want Glenn and a pick.

Trent Williams wants a new contract. Do you want to give him one? I don't.

He's discontent with the Washington Medical Staff and the Front Office. How long before he loses his love for Mike Brown and the Bengals Medical Staff? A month? Mid-season?

What Chris said, would i like a content Trent Williams here? Of course, but i don't know how long he would be content here. Also agree with Joelist's point to how Jonah would react and it seems no one wants to move to RT lol
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2019, 04:46 PM)Nately120 Wrote: There is a team that makes big trades for pricey malcontents and they are called the Browns and they're going to implode this year...or so I've been told.

Because when I think "franchise with good trade sense", I think of the franchise that almost sent us a king's ransom for AJ McCarron but was so incompetent they managed to fail their way into dodging that bullet.
Reply/Quote
What should we give for him? He is under contract with two years to go making $10.8 million this year and $12.5 in 2020. They won't trade him now...still too early in the hold out. They will wait until everyone gets a good idea as to what they have on their lines and to see what injuries pop up. Then they get a desperation offer

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2019, 04:54 PM)Joelist Wrote: The bigger issue is what do we do with Trent Williams after Jonah returns? He isn't going to be cool with moving to RT and neither will Jonah.

Line up in an unbalanced line and audible then.
Reply/Quote
http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Educate-a-dumb-fan-like-me-why-no-intrest-in-Trent
Reply/Quote