Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eggs
How do you like 'em?

Poached, hard fried, sunny-side up, hard boiled, soft boiled, scrambled, what?

I'm always a fan of a soft/runny yolk. Whether it be fried, boiled, or poached, I want that yolk to ooze. How about the rest of yinz?
Reply/Quote
I've always preferred fried, sunny side down. But I'm not picky and can eat them any way they are brought to me... except raw. I tried that "Rocky" thing when I was twelve. Broke one of the eggs and saw a partially formed chick in the yoke. Decided never to do that again. Good thing too, I hear you can get salmonella poisoning from that. Sick
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
Can't have them very often. (High triglycerides.) But when I do eat eggs, fried over easy, soft boiled, or scrambled are my favs.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2016, 05:51 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: I've always preferred fried, sunny side down. But I'm not picky and can eat them any way they are brought to me... except raw. I tried that "Rocky" thing when I was twelve. Broke one of the eggs and saw a partially formed chick in the yoke. Decided never to do that again. Good thing too, I hear you can get salmonella poisoning from that. Sick

You can get salmonella from the eggs you get from factory farming methods, it's why we refrigerate our eggs. Other countries don't refrigerate them because their farming methods don't put them at as much risk. I know a guy who has some cage free hens, actually a lot of people around here do, and he always has a dozen for me when I ask. You could eat his eggs raw without any problems. I wouldn't do it with the ones off the supermarket shelves, though.

(01-24-2016, 06:58 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Can't have them very often. (High triglycerides.) But when I do eat eggs, fried over easy, soft boiled, or scrambled are my favs.

My Trig number is high, but not ridiculously so, and the rest of my cholesterol is fine. That being said, I typically only have one egg a week, on a breakfast sandwich the one day it isn't yogurt and fruit. Tonight we decided to do breakfast for dinner, though.
Reply/Quote
Fried egg whites here...I'm not a big fan of the yolk. There is an exception though: At Rock Bottom Brewery on Fountain Square, they have a burger called the 2am. It's got cheddar, bacon, a hash brown, and an over-easy egg on it, and it is friggin' amazing. It has enough calories for an entire day, but every now and then, it's ok to live a little more dangerously with your diet.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2016, 07:14 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: You can get salmonella from the eggs you get from factory farming methods, it's why we refrigerate our eggs. Other countries don't refrigerate them because their farming methods don't put them at as much risk. I know a guy who has some cage free hens, actually a lot of people around here do, and he always has a dozen for me when I ask. You could eat his eggs raw without any problems. I wouldn't do it with the ones off the supermarket shelves, though.

Interesting
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2016, 08:00 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Interesting

Yeah, I could go on and on about how we do farming here in the U.S. and how much of a negative impact it has on our food, hell, our lives in general. But that's a whole other topic.
Reply/Quote
Eating out and here at home I usually have egg beaters. So, scrambled is the only way to get those. If I'm having an actual egg - a rarity - then over hard. Like it that way as a sandwich too, on white with mayo, or on a croissant with a sausage patty.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2016, 07:34 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Fried egg whites here...I'm not a big fan of the yolk.  There is an exception though: At Rock Bottom Brewery on Fountain Square, they have a burger called the 2am.  It's got cheddar, bacon, a hash brown, and an over-easy egg on it, and it is friggin' amazing.  It has enough calories for an entire day, but every now and then, it's ok to live a little more dangerously with your diet.

This literally made my mouth water.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2016, 10:27 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: This literally made my mouth water.

You ain't the only one. LOL
Reply/Quote
Deviled
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
There is a new thing I have been doing with my eggs, and its delicious.

Crack two eggs in a pan and cook them to your liking. For me its sunny side up, a little runny in the middle with the outside cooked. After they are cooked to my liking, a take some marinara sauce and spoon it in the pan around the eggs, a healthy amount. Then cover the marinara and eggs with a sprinkling of mozzerella cheese. Let the marinara heat through and the cheese melt. Sprinkle with some parsley and serve with toast. Really good stuff right there.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Over easy.  Scrambled. Omlettes. 

Sunny side up when its still snotty kind of grosses me out.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Sunny Side up.... For dipping the toast
On French Toast
Scrammbled with Cheese
Omlette With Cheese Ham/turkey/bacon whatever i have to add
Boiled... With franks red hot or turn into egg salad
Poached...
Over Easy sometimes i rarely eat them this way cause i suck at flipping them hahaha
Friend Egg Sandwiches.
Deviled... With paprika

And cooked into a piece of toast for bacon sandwiches.. so the yolk oozes onto the bacon...
Reply/Quote
Sunny side up and scrambled.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Also Dyed Green with Green Beer..... its coming soon.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 05:46 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Also Dyed Green with Green Beer.....      its coming soon.

[Image: green-eggs-and-ham-dr-seuss.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2016, 07:34 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Fried egg whites here...I'm not a big fan of the yolk.  There is an exception though: At Rock Bottom Brewery on Fountain Square, they have a burger called the 2am.  It's got cheddar, bacon, a hash brown, and an over-easy egg on it, and it is friggin' amazing.  It has enough calories for an entire day, but every now and then, it's ok to live a little more dangerously with your diet.

Man, I've cut back a lot on red meat, but one of my favorite things is to grill a burger and top it with avocado, a fried egg and bacon, with a slice of cheddar.

As far as the OP, I can only cook them scrambled, hard fried or boiled, so usually scrambled or soft boiled.
Reply/Quote
I used to be bad at doing over easy, but in the past 5 years I break maybe one yolk in 20. Before my diabetes diagnosis I was always a big breakfast kind of guy, and one of my favorites is a couple runny eggs chopped up in some rice and mixed all together. I got really good at flipping my eggs.
Reply/Quote
Scrambled with cheese please.
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote