Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eifert Example Pro Bowl Needs Eliminated
(05-26-2016, 11:47 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Even if a surgery is categorized as minor, it's still a surgery. Surgery is often considered a last resort since there are risks associated with any surgery. Eifert likely didn't want to have a surgical procedure unless necessary and thought seven months of healing without surgery would be enough time. It just hasn't progressed enough to feel confident he'd make it back by the start of the season, so he's now getting the surgery.

Guess we're all just a bit shocked because it was classified as a "sprain" 4 months ago. No use speculating they won't ever tell us the truth. He could be fine or he could miss some/most or all of the entire season. 

Reply/Quote
(05-26-2016, 12:08 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Guess we're all just a bit shocked because it was classified as a "sprain" 4 months ago. No use speculating they won't ever tell us the truth. He could be fine or he could miss some/most or all of the entire season. 

It is bogus that they led all of us to believe it was nothing.

So now he could miss the entire season?!!! WTF!!! Nervous
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2016, 12:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It is bogus that they led all of us to believe it was nothing.

Woah, when did THAT come out?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2016, 12:34 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Woah, when did THAT come out?

Atomic Orange trying to scare the shit out of us. Shocked
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2016, 12:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Atomic Orange trying to scare the shit out of us. Shocked

Oh, I had to check the other thread because I thought there was some sort of development on it.  I'm calling him out/limited for 4 games max, but that's just pessimistic speculation.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2016, 12:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It is bogus that they led all of us to believe it was nothing.

Look on the bright side... we will save a ton on his extenstion...

But I haven't heard anything beyond possibly missing the first 4 games but timetable is still expected back during preseason
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2016, 12:37 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Look on the bright side... we will save a ton on his extenstion...

But I haven't heard anything beyond possibly missing the first 4 games but timetable is still expected back during preseason

Losing Eifert at all is a tough pill to swallow because he's one of the guys we spend them most time bragging about and citing as one of THE reasons we're going to go all the way and be awesome.  
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2016, 12:37 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Oh, I had to check the other thread because I thought there was some sort of development on it.  I'm calling him out/limited for 4 games max, but that's just pessimistic speculation.

Same here, last i heard the first game is the one in doubt.

(05-26-2016, 12:37 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Look on the bright side... we will save a ton on his extenstion...

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2016, 12:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Same here, last i heard the first game is the one in doubt.

I fear the progressive nature of this injury.

Let's see if we can compile the steps:

1.  it's just a sprain
2.  it's just a lingering sprain
3.  it's not healing enough on its own
4.  it's just being "cleaned out"
5.  it's just minor surgery to repair a little something
6.  he MIGHT miss ONE game

Did I miss anything?  I fear there may be more...
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2016, 12:46 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I fear the progressive nature of this injury.

Let's see if we can compile the steps:

1.  it's just a sprain
2.  it's just a lingering sprain
3.  it's not healing enough on its own
4.  it's just being "cleaned out"
5.  it's just minor surgery to repair a little something
6.  he MIGHT miss ONE game

Did I miss anything?  I fear there may be more...

Good point.

Whats next?!!! Nervous
Reply/Quote
Why does it need to beceliminted. Bree's and Eifert are the only ones I remember injured in last decade.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2016, 01:14 AM)kevin Wrote: But you have to factor in the injury factor in this stupid exhibition game.  Eifert is only an example.  Owners should be very ticked off when their best players get injured not playing for their teams who pay their salaries, but injured in this pointless Pro Bowl.   It IS football, and in football, injuries happen.  That in itself right there is reason for all the owners to stop the Pro Bowl.  Every single owner should want this stopped, because every single owners has much to lose by having a top player injured in this game. .....Add to it that you can not bring these players together, have a week of sloppy practice, and expect these players to perform as a team in one weeks time.  That increases the chances of injuries. ........The Injury Factor should eliminate the Pro Bowl forever. ...Owners should insist on it's elimination.  I guarantee you if alive, Paul Brown would be leading the owners to it's elimination after losing this top tight end to injury in this pointless exhibition game. .......Paul Brown got other owners to understand the injury factor in stopping the College All-Star Game, and the injury factor should stop the also pointless Pro Bowl Game. ........Consider if a team lost a franchise quarterback in this Pro Bowl to injury. That should scare every single owner. 

Mike Brown should be more pissed off that Eifert has essentially sat around for 4 months before surgery obviously became a last option. The Bengal medical staff seems to have these types of brainfarts all the time.  Likely a fairly minor surgery due to the recuperation time.  Why not just do the dang minor procedure in March?
Reply/Quote

I can see it now, PUP list.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2016, 01:05 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Good point.

Whats next?!!! Nervous

His head just fell off...he's expected to miss 2 games tops.  No surgery needed at this point. Pretty sure Kroft is the next Gronk anyways.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2016, 12:37 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Oh, I had to check the other thread because I thought there was some sort of development on it.  I'm calling him out/limited for 4 games max, but that's just pessimistic speculation.

I'll predict he'll miss the first two games, as he should not play at Pittsburgh. Toolbag Mike Mitchell will try to concuss him again.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-26-2016, 04:06 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'll predict he'll miss the first two games, as he should not play at Pittsburgh. Toolbag Mike Mitchell will try to concuss him again.

I'm going to cross my fingers and hope we aren't discussing sitting him another week so he can have the bye in week 9 to fully recover.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2016, 12:34 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Woah, when did THAT come out?

(05-26-2016, 12:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Atomic Orange trying to scare the shit out of us. Shocked

I sure don't think he'll be out the whole season or anything, but yeah, I might also be a bit skeptical about him being ready in time for the season to start. You're probably onto something with that 4 games, Nate.

3 months takes us to the last week in August. The Bengals play Sept 11th. That's only like 2 weeks of a window, and the last time Eifert was properly injuried (his elbow), he went on the short term IR (which takes you out for 8 weeks) in Week 1 and never came off of it for the whole season. So yeah, there's certainly some basis behind your pessimism.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
In the last 5 years I've maybe watched a total of 10 minutes of pro bowl games. In the last 10 years I've maybe watched a half hours worth.

Like others have said it's needed to be gone for some time now and injuries are only one of the many reasons.
Reply/Quote