Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eifert Had a Disc Removed
(04-11-2017, 01:09 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Hopefully it was an unfortunate typo a few weeks out from the draft. 

OJ Howard is one of the few elite prospects at his position in this draft. Hoping we are just trying to drum up interest for a trade back. 

In retrospect, that could have been a more painful typo. Also that part jumps out of Hobspins standard fluff piece like a sore thumb.  Please don't break that next Tyler.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2017, 01:51 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Lol   .  He did not have a disc removed   . That's insane talk. And he only missed 2 weeks   .  Fml.

He hurt it early in the season. Missed four games due to our mismanagement of the Pro Bowl ankle injury. Then missed two extra games due to a back injury suffered right when he returned to practice after the ankle was healed. Came back too early and tried to play through it. We had Boling playing with one arm, Hill playing with a bum shoulder, and made who knows how many other boneheaded personnel decisions last year. Marvin is a turd sucker.

Then we shut him down the final two games when he supposedly had the surgery. 

He played in 8 games last year. Missed the first 6 and last 2. 
Reply/Quote
This is Hobsin preparing us for the OJ Howard pick
Who Dey!!!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We're ***** cursed.

Reply/Quote
(04-10-2017, 11:49 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Hobspin doesn't overstate injuries. He only understates them. So if he says he had a disc removed, you can bet he had at least a disc removed.

Does not speak well for the length of his career, or for that matter, his blocking ability in 2017.

It was just a bone bruise
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2017, 02:09 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote:  Missed four games due to our mismanagement of the Pro Bowl ankle injury. 

Bengals had nothing to do with that.  It was all eiferts decision.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2017, 10:26 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I am not a doctor. I knew he was having back surgery. But didn't know this is what it was. In my professional not a doctor opinion... Holy shit.

This can't be good for the longevity of an NFL players career.

No way can I get on board with giving Eifert a mega contract this year. If he makes it through the year healthy we should use the franchise tag next year and if his health is holding up work on a long term deal then.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Eifert-Ready-to-go-by-go-time/d395406a-96f6-42ad-8dd5-6b9adc0eb76d

"When he tweaked his back running a route in one of his first practices back, he missed two more games and had a disc removed while the Bengals were playing their last two games."

Would love to see Kroft and Uzi develop. But I don't know if we will even wait that long. Depending on the way the draft falls we really could end up taking a TE in the first round.

OJ Howard, here we come.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Mr. Glass
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2017, 10:26 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I am not a doctor. I knew he was having back surgery. But didn't know this is what it was. In my professional not a doctor opinion... Holy shit.

This can't be good for the longevity of an NFL players career.

No way can I get on board with giving Eifert a mega contract this year. If he makes it through the year healthy we should use the franchise tag next year and if his health is holding up work on a long term deal then.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Eifert-Ready-to-go-by-go-time/d395406a-96f6-42ad-8dd5-6b9adc0eb76d

"When he tweaked his back running a route in one of his first practices back, he missed two more games and had a disc removed while the Bengals were playing their last two games."

Would love to see Kroft and Uzi develop. But I don't know if we will even wait that long. Depending on the way the draft falls we really could end up taking a TE in the first round.
As you say, you aren't a doctor.  I've never heard one word from Bengals that Eifert has had career ending surgery.  At Pick 9, I'm still against drafting yet another TE or CB.  At Pick 9 we might get the LSU RB, or a top LB or a top Defensive Lineman and there is great talent at Pick 9 at those positions.  Now a TE or a DB any time after Round One, fine, but not pick 9.  I can't ever see taking a TE in the TOP 10.  There are just too many good players on the board to take a TE in the TOP 10.  Now we have used recent Round One Picks on Gresham, Eifert at TE and CB have taken Joseph, Hall, Kirkpatrick, Dennard, Jackson. This year we have a Top 10 Pick and with the Running Back, The Linebackers, The Defensive Linemen at the top of this draft we would be insane not to grab one of these elite players that we just haven't had a chance to grab going play-offs 6 out of last 8 years and having a later pick. A Top 10 Pick needs to be a Top 10 Pick, not a TE, and we've drafted enough CB's. It needs to be RB, LB or D Line at 9. It's not rocket science. The Bama TE is good, but to pass up a top RB, or top LB or top D Lineman in the draft for a TE would be a huge mistake. There is too much talent at Pick 9 to go TE. 4 positions I can never see taking in the top 10 are TE, FB, K, P and why I'm so bought into it being RB, or LB or D Lineman
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Studies indicate patients immediately forget 40-60% of what their doctor tells them. Half of what they do remember is wrong. So patients accurately remember 20-30% of the information they are given.

Hobson reports what they say secondhand.

Our own Jim O has been the victim of this. Dennard told Jim he suffered a shoulder separation and told Hobson the same injury was a dislocation. A separation and a dislocation sound similar, but are totally different injuries with different treatments and prognoses.

Long story short, take anything Hobson reports about injuries with a giant grain a salt.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2017, 10:49 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Studies indicate patients immediately forget 40-60% of what their doctor tells them. Half of what they do remember is wrong. So patients accurately remember 20-30% of the information they are given.

Hobson reports what they say secondhand.

Our own Jim O has been the victim of this. Dennard told Jim he suffered a shoulder separation and told Hobson the same injury was a dislocation. A separation and a dislocation sound similar, but are totally different injuries with different treatments and prognoses.

Long story short, take anything Hobson reports about injuries with a giant grain a salt.

Probably was just a colonoscopy followed by a romantic dinner.  Ninja

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
I'm beginning to think Howard at #9 is a smart move.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2017, 09:04 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Bengals had nothing to do with that.  It was all eiferts decision.

It was Eiffert's decision based on team medical experts recommendation and knowledge... 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Why we flipping out . He's ready to rock n roll for the season. We don't need another tight end. For the last 10 years it seems CB n TE are all we draft .
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2017, 10:58 AM)Burma Wrote: Probably was just a colonoscopy followed by a romantic dinner.  Ninja

It only took Hobson 14 months to finally report what happened to Eifert's ankle correctly.

Quote:In the fourth quarter he tore ligaments in his ankle

I told people what the injury was 11 months ago. I stand by my statement the Bengals intentionally lie to the media and the fans regarding injuries.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-BREAKING-Eifert-to-have-ankle-surgery?pid=222423&highlight=Ligament#pid222423
Reply/Quote
For all of us not-a-doctors out there and I'm among the elite not-a-doctors it's actually fairly routine procedure anymore.  
Remember that not long ago an ACL injury was the end of anyones career in football. Now it's almost as common as getting a haircut.. 
Anyway, I have my doubts about Hobsons ability to accurately describe any medical procedure much less back surgery.  
By the way, I'm not a scientist either and not running for political office. 
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2017, 11:55 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: It was Eiffert's decision based on team medical experts recommendation and knowledge... 

No it was not.

Eifert's ankle injury was treated by Dr. Robert Anderson in Charlotte NC.  Bengals medical staff had nothing to do with it.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2017, 12:01 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Why we flipping out   . He's ready to rock n roll for the season. We don't need another tight end. For the last 10 years it seems CB n TE are all we draft   . Fuk

Two TEs in the first round in the last 10 years....that's it. Gresham ('10) and Eifert ('13)
CBs are far more prevalent...Hall ('07), Kirkpatrick ('12), Dennard ('14), WJ3 ('16).

OT has been just as common as TE (Smith '09, Ogbuehi '15).

LB (Rivers '08), WR (Green '11), and OG (Zeitler '12) round out the past 10 drafts.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-11-2017, 12:06 PM)grampahol Wrote: For all of us not-a-doctors out there and I'm among the elite not-a-doctors it's actually fairly routine procedure anymore.  
Remember that not long ago an ACL injury was the end of anyones career in football. Now it's almost as common as getting a haircut.. 
Anyway, I have my doubts about Hobsons ability to accurately describe any medical procedure much less back surgery.  

There is a huge difference between a micodiscectomy and a discectomy and fusion. I have zero confidence in Hobson's ability to report injuries accurately.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2017, 12:06 PM)grampahol Wrote: For all of us not-a-doctors out there and I'm among the elite not-a-doctors it's actually fairly routine procedure anymore.  

I am far from a Doctor, but know two people who have had back surgery where a disk is removed and both of them were in neck braces for at least 5-6 months after the procedure.  I can't imagine they would have been cleared to play football, or take part in anything "contact", immediately after the brace came off.  Something tells me we will not see Eifert for a very long time.
Reply/Quote