Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Eifert NOT ruled out (yet), Green healing
Despite the tweet, the team has NOT made an official call on Eifert. Also, and update on A.J. Green here.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
Does anyone expect the Bengals to be the first to officially announce something? They have no incentive to say anything until Sunday. Of course, as the week goes on and his complete absence from practice and on the plane to Denver becomes apparent, this will come true.

I'm starting to get concerned he would be ready by January 9/10th, if needed.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 02:35 PM)jowczarski Wrote: Despite the tweet, the team has NOT made an official call on Eifert. Also, and update on A.J. Green here.

I saw the tweet you're referring to. I don't want to bash a guy doing his job (I hope), but I was taking Rand Getlin with a grain of salt. Anyone tied in enough to really know what's up with Eifert is someone who's better known to the Bengals fanbase than this.
Reply/Quote
I just want these guys healthy in the play-offs....Going into INDY with most of the team injured and no chance of winning was lousy last years play-offs.......I want to see us hit the play-offs with Green and Eifert and others healthy.....I'm more concerned about that than this next game with Denver, because this next game is not a play-off game. ...We beat Denver last year to make play-offs, and nobody counted that as a play-off win.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
According to PFT, he'll be out. Forgive me for not having a link. I'm on my mobile.

I hope Mitchell and the Steelers get what they deserve. I'm sick to my stomach
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 02:54 PM)Captain Happy Pants Wrote: According to PFT, he'll be out.  Forgive me for not having a link.  I'm on my mobile.

I hope Mitchell and the Steelers get what they deserve.  I'm sick to my stomach

And Eifert probably isn't. It's just that the tweets in question say Eifert won't play this week, or next week, and Jim just wants it out there that this is not team verified information.
Reply/Quote
I don't think any of these guys play vs the Ravens. But this week is another story. Locking up everything means the Ravens game is a draft pick game. But if the Ravens game is needed to win the division then we will have to play everyone. So really it's better to push them into this week unless your giving up on the 2. Which would be foolish considering the Broncos are 3-4 in the lor last 7.
Reply/Quote
is Geno playing?
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 03:33 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: is Geno playing?

Yes. Monitored and extra hydrated, but indeed playing.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 02:39 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: Does anyone expect the Bengals to be the first to officially announce something?  They have no incentive to say anything until Sunday.  Of course, as the week goes on and his complete absence from practice and on the plane to Denver becomes apparent, this will come true.

I'm starting to get concerned he would be ready by January 9/10th, if needed.

Does anyone expect the NFL to know more than the Bengals ?  I get tired of how many times NFL.com gets these type of announcements wrong.. It is official when the Bengals make it official and not before....
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 03:18 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I don't think any of these guys play vs the Ravens.   But this week is another story.   Locking up everything means the Ravens game is a draft pick game.    But if the Ravens game is needed to win the division then we will have to play everyone.    So really it's better to push them into this week unless your giving up on the 2.    Which would be foolish considering the Broncos are 3-4 in the lor last 7.

Yeah, huge game this week. Almost a Playoff game. I hope Eifert can go, i think we win and have a bye if he does.

That is how good of a Redzone target Eifert is. Unstoppable in the Redzone, TD machine.

Takes a low scoring game to out of control for the Broncos i believe.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 02:54 PM)Captain Happy Pants Wrote: According to PFT, he'll be out.  Forgive me for not having a link.  I'm on my mobile.

I hope Mitchell and the Steelers get what they deserve.  I'm sick to my stomach

So do I. Smack
Reply/Quote
IMHO, Eifert does not play, we lose. Even AD w/o Eifert "might" lose this game.

Need him for this game and for AJ BIG TIME.
Reply/Quote
Even if we lose to the Broncos, if we beat the Ravens and the Chargers beat the Broncos then we get the bye. I'd love for Eifert to be back, but if he's not ready then he's not ready.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I don't think Eifert will ever challenge Favre's consecutive games streak
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 05:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I don't think Eifert will ever challenge Favre's consecutive games streak

He's out thanks to a dirty hit. Just stop. I'll take 12 games of Eifert over 16 games of your boy Gresh anyway.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Kroft looks pretty good bye the way. Eifert is a different animal but Kroft looks to be a pretty solid TE. Nice pick I wasn't too sure about when the draft happened
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 05:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I don't think Eifert will ever challenge Favre's consecutive games streak

Lolz

Rep

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 06:02 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: He's out thanks to a dirty hit. Just stop. I'll take 12 games of Eifert over 16 games of your boy Gresh anyway.

Which you'd never get 16 out of Gresham anyways.  Dude is buried behind a no name Fells.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 06:42 PM)TGISunday Wrote: Which you'd never get 16 out of Gresham anyways.  Dude is buried behind a no name Fells.

But that's just because the Cardinals don't know how to use a TE!  Ninja
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote