Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Eifert NOT ruled out (yet), Green healing
(12-25-2015, 03:00 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Either they did or I just misunderstand this.

that report is generated from Thursday practice.. there was no practice today.. The good news is he has worked out on his own for 2 days which indicates he is progressing well from concussion.. does not mean he will pass the test this week but he does have a chance to pass from what i am reading and assuming.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2015, 03:12 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: that report is generated from Thursday practice.. there was no practice today.. The good news is he has worked out on his own for 2 days which indicates he is progressing well from concussion.. does not mean he will pass the test this week but he does have a chance to pass from what i am reading and assuming.

They don't allow any kind of physical activity if he's not clear to a certain extent, to practice. 

Rest and recovery. Players may stretch and work on their balance, but they don’t work out beyond that. In addition, they’re advised against spending time on computers, any electronic device and social media. They don’t take part in team meetings.
Light aerobic exercise. Under supervision of the team’s medical staff, the player can start cardiovascular exercise, such as riding a stationary bike and using a treadmill, and work on more dynamic stretching and balancing. The workload is increased gradually and halted entirely if concussion-related symptoms recur. Players can attend team meetings and study film.
Continued aerobic exercise, introduction of strength training.Building gradually on the work of step 2, the player can start weight training.
Football-specific work. The player adds non-contact football drills, such as throwing, catching and running to his repertoire of exercise. No contact allowed with other players, tackling dummies or sleds.
Full football activity, full clearance. The player resumes practicing with the team, with no limitations. Once the team physician clears him to complete, the player is examined by the independent neurological consultant, who also reviews any relevant neurological tests.

According to this 5 step plan, Eifert is on step 4.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/football-insider/wp/2015/08/29/explaining-nfl-concussion-protocol-the-five-step-map-for-rgiiis-return/

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2015, 03:39 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: They don't allow any kind of physical activity if he's not clear to a certain extent, to practice. 

Rest and recovery. Players may stretch and work on their balance, but they don’t work out beyond that. In addition, they’re advised against spending time on computers, any electronic device and social media. They don’t take part in team meetings.
Light aerobic exercise. Under supervision of the team’s medical staff, the player can start cardiovascular exercise, such as riding a stationary bike and using a treadmill, and work on more dynamic stretching and balancing. The workload is increased gradually and halted entirely if concussion-related symptoms recur. Players can attend team meetings and study film.
Continued aerobic exercise, introduction of strength training.Building gradually on the work of step 2, the player can start weight training.
Football-specific work. The player adds non-contact football drills, such as throwing, catching and running to his repertoire of exercise. No contact allowed with other players, tackling dummies or sleds.
Full football activity, full clearance. The player resumes practicing with the team, with no limitations. Once the team physician clears him to complete, the player is examined by the independent neurological consultant, who also reviews any relevant neurological tests.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/football-insider/wp/2015/08/29/explaining-nfl-concussion-protocol-the-five-step-map-for-rgiiis-return/
Great find... I honestly had no idea how this worked. Good  post 

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2015, 03:39 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: They don't allow any kind of physical activity if he's not clear to a certain extent, to practice. 

Thanks, confirms what I stated, he is close since in step 4 so has a chance for Monday 
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2015, 01:10 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Just stop with the "Macaroni" already... it's stupid as hell and you all sound like 13 year old school girls....

Exactly. You saved me a post ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2015, 01:10 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Just stop with the "Macaroni" already... it's stupid as hell and you all sound like 13 year old school girls....

Do 13 year old girls talk about macaroni a lot?  I can't say I know any 13 year old girls.  Also, I swear I came here for nothing, Chris Hansen, and all those Mike's Hard Lemonades are for me!
Reply/Quote
I prefer 'Macaroni'.

Reply/Quote
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/23/report-eifert-will-miss-broncos-game/

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Soooo it's Saturday now. Shouldn't we know what the verdict is by now? Or has he been labeled a game time decision?
Reply/Quote
We probably don't get word until Sunday.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2015, 07:39 AM)Joelist Wrote: We probably don't get word until Sunday.

Even if he does play, I'd love to see him on the field at the same time as Kroft because, after even just this one play against the 49ers, I don't see how a team could stop both of them up the seams and still have enough defenders to guard AJ and Jones on the outside, not to mention TEs are a QBs best friend, which is perfect for an inexperienced guy like McCarron.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2015, 04:18 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/23/report-eifert-will-miss-broncos-game/

I think you might have missed the entire point of this thread.

The OP, who is definitely in the loop, posted to refute this article (and others) from Wednesday stating he is NOT ruled out.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2015, 07:33 AM)Whacked Wrote: Soooo it's Saturday now. Shouldn't we know what the verdict is by now? Or has he been labeled a game time decision?

On a normal prep week, they don't announce anything before Saturday unless there is zero chance going into the week.

So being a Monday game, I would think tomorrow is the earliest we will hear anything.
Reply/Quote
Iloka went through a few Pregame drills; EIfert did not.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote