Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eifert OUT
Per Schefter twitter
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
How does fat head clear the protocol in 96 hrs but our guy doesn't in two weeks? Frustrating.
Reply/Quote
Confirmed by Ken Broo also. Iloka is doubtful.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2015, 05:11 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: How does fat head clear the protocol in 96 hrs but our guy doesn't in two weeks? Frustrating.

It just seems that the tight end position gets more than its fair share of injuries, though I have yet to find statistical data to support this. Part of it is the nature of the beast. Add to this illegal hits like Mitchell put on Eifert, and it goes downhill from there. Seems like one needs a head made of iron and cement to have any sort of longevity to be a TE. Maybe fat head is one of those.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
hopefully his backup can get it done.Its going to be extremely pickin cold there,so the ground game is a must.I like Gio in this game,he could be the main man.Its going to be tough.McCarron has to run for 1st downs also.He is capable.I just hope they show up.alot on the line,to me this game will make or break them as all of feel and know the stealers are going to win out.If they get in the playoffs,they are capable of winning another ring.No one wants to play them but us.
Reply/Quote
Yeah, its official now. Sad

https://twitter.com/GeoffHobsonCin/status/680822487983104000

Reply/Quote
Well this sucks.

At least Kroft and AJM have a feel for each other.
Reply/Quote
We'll have Eifert for the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
So at this point in his career Eifert has missed 20 out of 48 possible games. Not good at all.
Reply/Quote
Eifert is becoming an injury waiting to happen. ..shame because he is such an important piece.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2015, 05:49 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: It just seems that the tight end position gets more than its fair share of injuries, though I have yet to find statistical data to support this. Part of it is the nature of the beast. Add to this illegal hits like Mitchell put on Eifert, and it goes downhill from there. Seems like one needs a head made of iron and cement to have any sort of longevity to be a TE. Maybe fat head is one of those.

Agreed. Just look at Gates and Gronk. Two of the best at their position, and they've missed a lot of time due to injuries over the years. Dennis Pitta, Jordan Cameron, the Redskins TE (name escapes me). The list is long. Honestly though, how many games would Eifert have missed this year if not for a dirty hit by Mike Mitchell?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
but the season started off so promising ..

We were freaking ROLLING ..

Eight and Zero!

i need a drink

Reply/Quote
I'm hearing reports he might miss the last game too. I'm not too concerned but securing up that second seed would be nice. It's going to be harder without him
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2015, 08:25 PM)Captain Happy Pants Wrote: I'm hearing reports he might miss the last game too.  I'm not too concerned but securing up that second seed would be nice.  It's going to be harder without him

Might as well sit him the rest of the year, honestly. No point in him getting hurt in a meaningless game if they win monday. I'm not too concerned with Balt, they're pretty banged up.
Reply/Quote
Concussions are a pain, but what can you do? If we rush him back he might get broken for good ala Kevin Kolb who not only had a short career, but still has daily issues from such injuries. Something has to change. Either Mitchell should be suspended as long as Eifert is out, or we should just pull the stops and let players police themselves ala the NHL. Maybe if someone on the Bengals could throw the gloves down and concuss the hell out of one of the Steelers players in retaliation this stuff would stop.

Maybe not. Anyways, the human body just doesn't seem capable of playing football without falling apart. Whether that is due to the way players play now or what we know about said injuries is up for debate. Ok, rant mode over.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2015, 07:08 PM)Butchie Tiger Wrote: Eifert is becoming an injury waiting to happen. ..shame because he is such an important piece.

He was the victim of a dirty head to head hit......not his fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2015, 10:14 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Concussions are a pain, but what can you do?  If we rush him back he might get broken for good ala Kevin Kolb who not only had a short career, but still has daily issues from such injuries.  Something has to change.  Either Mitchell should be suspended as long as Eifert is out, or we should just pull the stops and let players police themselves ala the NHL.  Maybe if someone on the Bengals could throw the gloves down and concuss the hell out of one of the Steelers players in retaliation this stuff would stop.

Maybe not.  Anyways, the human body just doesn't seem capable of playing football without falling apart.  Whether that is due to the way players play now or what we know about said injuries is up for debate.  Ok, rant mode over.

I would love to know the amount of games missed because of the "protocol"

It has to be an insane number.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2015, 07:19 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Agreed. Just look at Gates and Gronk. Two of the best at their position, and they've missed a lot of time due to injuries over the years. Dennis Pitta, Jordan Cameron, the Redskins TE (name escapes me). The list is long. Honestly though, how many games would Eifert have missed this year if not for a dirty hit by Mike Mitchell?

Jordan Reed? He's tearing it up this year. Ballin' against the Eagles tonight.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2015, 10:34 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I would love to know the amount of games missed because of the "protocol"  

It has to be an insane number.

Stupid neurologists infringing on our football enjoyment.  It's not like we fans and NFL players go into brain surgery and start imposing rules and regulations upon them, right?
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2015, 10:14 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Concussions are a pain, but what can you do?  If we rush him back he might get broken for good ala Kevin Kolb who not only had a short career, but still has daily issues from such injuries.  Something has to change.  Either Mitchell should be suspended as long as Eifert is out, or we should just pull the stops and let players police themselves ala the NHL.  Maybe if someone on the Bengals could throw the gloves down and concuss the hell out of one of the Steelers players in retaliation this stuff would stop.

Maybe not.  Anyways, the human body just doesn't seem capable of playing football without falling apart.  Whether that is due to the way players play now or what we know about said injuries is up for debate.  Ok, rant mode over.

Not a bad idea to have Mitchell suspended as long as Eifert is out.

Maybe the NFL should adopt a policy for players who have a history of delivering helmet to helmet hits on defenseless players?  If they're repeat offenders they not only get slapped with fines but also suspended for X amount of games.  Or, to your point they must also sit out while the player rehabbing is out.  Not a bad idea.

Still not enough for a punk like Mitchell.  Eifert is way more valuable to his team than Mitchell to the Steelers.  My guess is the karma will catch up to this guy.  I just hope for his sake it's not a crippling injury from leading with his head - that can be extremely dangerous for defensive players.
Reply/Quote