Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eifert On Active Roster A Mistake
Bengals.com shows as of Friday before Miami game that Eifert is still on active roster. If this is true, this is a mistake. Doctors say he is out for season. This is a very bad broken ankle injury. Meanwhile the team has short term injuries at other positions, especially running back. Putting Eifert on injured list and activating a reserve practice squad player is much needed. Again this is based on Bengals.com still showing Eifert on active roster as I'm typing this. All news is he is out for season, and team has need of a replacement player from practice squad. Team is very short at RB with Bernard out, Mixon trying to come back from injury, Walton active after concussion protocol time out last game. Again, this is based on Bengals.com still showing him on active roster.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
You seem to be correct. I can't find where he has been placed on injured reserve.
Reply/Quote
Wonder what they have up their sleeve ? Perhaps it has something to do with Burficts return ? Perhaps there's some kind of hoop they're getting ready to jump thru in the NFL rules by waiting ?

I dunno ? Perhaps they're going to dress Rawls this week.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Does this maybe have anything to do with Burfict having his roster exemption? We don't need to move Eifert to IR yet because Burfict isn't counted towards the active roster at this time because he just came back from suspension on Monday. So my thinking is, Eifert moves to IR once Burfict's exemption is up and he moves to the active roster so we don't have to sign someone from the practice squad then send them back down a week later.
Reply/Quote
Paul Dehner Jr.
‏Verified account @pauldehnerjr
35m35 minutes ago

John Ross, Gio Bernard, Billy Price all out. Expect a roster move later today moving Eifert to IR and promoting Burfict off roster exemption.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2018, 02:07 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Paul Dehner Jr.
‏Verified account @pauldehnerjr
35m35 minutes ago

John Ross, Gio Bernard, Billy Price all out. Expect a roster move later today moving Eifert to IR and promoting Burfict off roster exemption.

Figures I guess ?
Reply/Quote
If they weren't planning on bringing someone else in for that position, there is zero need to make the roster changes until they want to. It makes no difference in the long run if they did it on Monday or on Saturday. Even if they were activating a practice squad player off their own PS the actual timing is irrelevent

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Adam Schefter
‏Verified account @AdamSchefter
4m4 minutes ago

Bengals placed TE Tyler Eifert on the Reserve/Injured list and activated LB Vontaze Burfict to 53-player roster.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2018, 03:09 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Adam Schefter
‏Verified account @AdamSchefter
4m4 minutes ago

Bengals placed TE Tyler Eifert on the Reserve/Injured list and activated LB Vontaze Burfict to 53-player roster.

yeah just saw this 
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote