Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eifert Out Week 4
(09-27-2016, 01:12 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: bob holtzman ‏@BobHoltzmanESPN 14m14 minutes ago
Bengals TE Tyler Eifert has hinted he may play Thursday vs Miami, but I'm told he is not expected to return this week.  Week 5 is possible.

All you fools who were saying he would be ready week 1...and defending the handling of this injury.  Ha.

It continues...

You said he would not be back until week 7 or 8.

I say you are wrong.

Want to make a sig bet to back up your guarantee?
Reply/Quote
Ninja Be careful, OP knows more than the staff. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2016, 08:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You said he would not be back until week 7 or 8.

I say you are wrong.

Want to make a sig bet to back up your guarantee?

Hmm, can we go back to February and see how many people were certain Eifert's sprain was:

1. no big deal
2. wouldn't require surgery
3. wouldn't lead to him missing training camp
4. wouldn't lead to him missing pre-season
5. would NEVER lead to him missing legit regular season games

and so on and so forth.  I hope Eifert is back yesterday and every week is critical at this point, but isn't it a little ridiculous to expect the "naysayers" to be completely accurate to the week regarding an injury that has been mired in bs, spin and/or outright lies and mystery for almost 8 months?
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2016, 09:51 PM)Nately120 Wrote:  isn't it a little ridiculous to expect the "naysayers" to be completely accurate to the week regarding an injury that has been mired in bs, spin and/or outright lies and mystery for almost 8 months?

Yes.  It was ridiculous for him to make that claim when he had no idea what he was talking about.  That is why I proposing a sig bet to prove how silly he was.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2016, 10:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes.  It was ridiculous for him to make that claim when he had no idea what he was talking about.  That is why I proposing a sig bet to prove how silly he was.

Ehh, you're entitled to do that.  Dare I ask if you made any erroneous assumptions about Eifert's availability in the past 8 months?  I'll admit I was being a bitter joking cynic when I claimed he'd be out until after the bye some months ago.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2016, 05:04 PM)Nately120 Wrote: So Kroft and Uzomohahohahaha have another week or two to make this injury into a "blessing in disguise" I guess.

I thought one, or both, of they draftees were supposed to be NFL ready. Oh wait, that was the draft hype we get fed every year, never mind. The truth is on the field.
Reply/Quote
I said 7-8 weeks.
Then I said 6.

We're going to be, at-minimum, week 5, until we see him.

How long until he's not on limited snaps?

Like others said, saying week 6, 7, 8 weeks, that's all conjecture. And just because he's "on the field", does that mean he's fully healthy?

The whole point is that in MAY, when we discussed this, people actually didn't worry about it. Given that this is a fragile player who from all accounts completely mishandled this situation, it's crazy that people thought he would be good to go week 1.
Reply/Quote
Also, if we don't see him until week 6, why was he not PUP'ed? Seems like a very unwise use of roster spots, compounding an already unwise situation to wait until early June to have the damn surgery.

Lets hope he returns and is fine, but you just can't make up some of the shit that happens to this franchise.

I think we can all learn from this...the most UNRELIABLE source in any situation is the team itself. Generally, the rumor mill from Twitter is far more accurate than anything the team says, especially teams like the Bengals, Seahawks, Patriots, etc, teams who literally feed only bullshit to the media.

Look at Pete Carroll's history of comments this year...and then what has actually happened. Remember when Thomas Rawls was looking "as good as ever" and ready to "carry a full load" after week 2...and now he's out 4-6 weeks.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2016, 10:17 AM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: Also, if we don't see him until week 6, why was he not PUP'ed?  Seems like a very unwise use of roster spots, compounding an already unwise situation to wait until early June to have the damn surgery.

Lets hope he returns and is fine, but you just can't make up some of the shit that happens to this franchise.

Could be worse.  We could be Cleveland...
Reply/Quote
While true, at least Cleveland can emotionally disconnect and enjoy football, fantasy teams, etc...by October.

Obviously I'm being cynical, but it's frustrating. We could see the writing on the wall with this one when the news broke in late May.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2016, 02:03 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If he's back fully healthy prior to Week 7, then he shouldn't have been placed on PUP.
From the sound of it, he's very close. If the game was on a Sunday instead of Thursday, he might even have been able to play then. However, since the game is Thursday, I expect him ready to go for Dallas.

Exactly, even if we get one more extra game out of him it was worth not putting him on the PUP.

He is that much of a redzone threat that we desperately need.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2016, 10:17 AM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: Also, if we don't see him until week 6, why was he not PUP'ed?  Seems like a very unwise use of roster spots, compounding an already unwise situation to wait until early June to have the damn surgery.

I think we can all learn from this...the most UNRELIABLE source in any situation is the team itself.  Generally, the rumor mill from Twitter is far more accurate than anything the team says, especially teams like the Bengals, Seahawks, Patriots, etc, teams who literally feed only bullshit to the media.

Look at Pete Carroll's history of comments this year...and then what has actually happened.  Remember when Thomas Rawls was looking "as good as ever" and ready to "carry a full load" after week 2...and now he's out 4-6 weeks.

He is in his second week of practice.  On PUP he would not be eligible to begin practicing for 3 more weeks.
Reply/Quote
Soooo he was projected to be back sometime between week 4-6. It is week 4 and he is practicing in a limited fashion after practicing for the first time last week. He is progressing to hit his week 4-6 mark but somehow the medical staff dropped the ball. I never knew we had so many experts on medicine and sports injuries on this forum.

Eifert will make his appearance next week I bet.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2016, 01:12 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: bob holtzman ‏@BobHoltzmanESPN 14m14 minutes ago
Bengals TE Tyler Eifert has hinted he may play Thursday vs Miami, but I'm told he is not expected to return this week.  Week 5 is possible.

All you fools who were saying he would be ready week 1...and defending the handling of this injury.  Ha.

It continues...

Why the rudeness?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2016, 03:06 PM)McC Wrote: Why the rudeness?

Yeah.  Real classy.  
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Many fans have been oblivious on how poorly this whole situation was handled.

The surgery was on the inside of his ankle, which was not released in the early reports, but was reported over the summer. An unusual place for the surgery. The initial timeline put it at 5-6 months recovery, as this wasn't just a clean up procedure. The surgery was performed, what, May 31st? And people were buying he would be back week 1? A guy who has always been horribly injury prone and an organization who lies and deceives through their teeth about injuries? The procedure should've been done in February or at the latest, March, and not at all impacting the regular season. Of course, that would've made way too much sense, and the lack of transparency on the whole thing has been disheartening. This isn't a HIPAA thing either. The Bengals could've easily come and said they did or didn't instruct Tyler to have the surgery in February.

Call it a frustrating thing as a fan...especially sitting here in week 4, 1-2 record and well...the offense being almost the sole reason we've lost games because we have 1 viable weapon.
Reply/Quote
...what's next? Eifert has a "good 8 games" and he's clamoring for a top 3 TE contract this off-season.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2016, 05:04 PM)Nately120 Wrote: So Kroft and Uzomohahohahaha have another week or two to make this injury into a "blessing in disguise" I guess.

Europeon surname respected.  Anything else, laughable.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2016, 03:59 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote:   The Bengals could've easily come and said they did or didn't instruct Tyler to have the surgery in February.

It is never the teams decision.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2016, 04:02 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: ...what's next?  Eifert has a "good 8 games" and he's clamoring for a top 3 TE contract this off-season.

Whats wrong with that? Dude is one of the top 3 Red Zone threat TE's in the game when he is healthy and
was the TOP Red Zone threat in the entire league last year. Pay the man and hope he can finally stay healthy.
Reply/Quote