Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eifert Prediction
He gets PUP'ed, they are mum about it until week 1, and we don't see him until week 7 or 8.

Bengals TE Tyler Eifert showed reporters the scar from his offseason ankle surgery, and it was on the inside of his ankle. According to Football Guys' Jene Bramel, a pediatrician and high school team physician, that means Eifert's injury was to the deltoid ligament. "The ligament that I tore, it’s hard to tear, so kind of a freak thing," Eifert admitted. The surgery generally comes with a 5-6 month recovery timetable. Eifert's happened on May 25, so the short end of that timeline would have him out until late October. That could cost him 7 games. Eifert's timeline could be different, of course, and we can't know for sure when he'll be back. But there's obviously more risk than we initially believed. We just bumped Eifert down our TE rankings. - See more at: http://www.draftsharks.com/shark-bites/40941/eifert-out-until-october#sthash.LbvNSK8n.dpuf

Obviously this is a fantasy slant, but I would be shocked if the Bengals don't take it slow.
Reply/Quote
We've been thrown for a Ty Ty loop before with his return timetable , but I have hope that he'll be ready this time around.
Reply/Quote
See ya in 2017 Ty.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
He'll play, but I see posts on here every day that people are actually hoping he's out there Sept 11th against the Jets. Given his injury history, it's a contract year and this info, I just don't see how it's possible.
Reply/Quote
Well that blows if true. We can just hope Kroft comes through for us
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
Eifert has just been unlucky. People felt reason for concern when they thought Gronk was fragile; I see Eifert in sort of the same predicament when it comes to freak accidents.
Reply/Quote
I predict Uzomah balls out in Eiferts absence.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I'm gonna stick with the current pattern. Play a few games...injury...miss a few games...play a few games...injury...miss rest of season. Seems about right.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Eifert misses 2 or 3 games.

People around here only seem to remember the injuries that were worse than expected, but the fact is that lots of bengals have had excellent recovery from injures and came back right on time. The ones that don't go as planned just stick in peoples heads more.
Reply/Quote
I'm not too worried about it. We thought Vontaze would never recover from microfracture surgery and he turned out just fine last year. We will see what happens.
Reply/Quote
The way Hobson mentions Eifert could miss games in just about every one of his articles does make me worry.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2016, 11:42 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Eifert misses 2 or 3 games.

People around here only seem to remember the injuries that were worse than expected, but the fact is that lots of bengals have had excellent recovery from injures and came back right on time.  The ones that don't go as planned just stick in peoples heads more.

Expected here is 5-6 months.  Do the math.  I'm simply referring to the fact that the Bengals are very coy with giving out any information.  Hard to believe anything the beat writers or even coaching staff says...
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2016, 02:36 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: Expected here is 5-6 months.  Do the math.  I'm simply referring to the fact that the Bengals are very coy with giving out any information.  Hard to believe anything the beat writers or even coaching staff says...

The 5-6 month recovery period is just a guess by someone who knows nothing about the extent of Eifert's injury or surgery. 

And it is not hard to believe the beat writers or coaches say because many many times the player comes back exactly when they say he will.  They are not always correct, but they really have nothing to gain by lying about how long Eifert will take to recover.  Sometimes it takes longer than they claim, but that is not because they are trying to be deceptive.  
Reply/Quote
He already has his boot off. That says more to me than this skepticism.

I also agree with Emphasis and that Eifert has just been unlucky. I don't believe he is injury prone.

But i do agree with others that don't trust what the training staff tells them either.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2016, 03:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: He already has his boot off. That says more to me than this skepticism.

I also agree with Emphasis and that Eifert has just been unlucky. I don't believe he is injury prone.

But i do agree with others that don't trust what the training staff tells them either.

This

I don't want to get my hopes up, but he has one solid month to get back into the groove of things.

If Odell's theory about the injury were true, one would think that he would've gotten surgery well beforehand.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2016, 03:11 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: This

I don't want to get my hopes up, but he has one solid month to get back into the groove of things.

If Odell's theory about the injury were true, one would think that he would've gotten surgery well beforehand.

Definately makes much more sense.
Reply/Quote
It's not really a theory, at least not anymore than those saying he's "on track to return." I guess we will see though. The delay in surgery is very easily explained by maybe Eifert simply didn't want to have it. A team can't really force him. I'm still waiting on the explanation about why this was known in late January and operated on in late May. The lack of explanation from Cincinnati on it tells me that it was 100% Tyler's decision. What's done is done, they aren't going to rat him out now, it's his body.

What IS a fact is...it's a joke that Eifert isn't on the field week 1. And the team probably feels the same way. It will probably be reflected in contract negotiations. Barring a blow up season, don't be shocked when the Bengals don't treat Eifert like many of the other young stars they have gone above and beyond to lock up.
Reply/Quote
I'll tell you this. Even if he's pretty much ready for that first Steeler game, I wouldn't play him. Those bastards will go for that ankle with a passion.

While we're getting the hat put on us because of one game last year, they've been cheap hit artists for years.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2016, 04:09 PM)Thundercloud Wrote: I'll tell you this.  Even if he's pretty much ready for that first Steeler game, I wouldn't play him.  Those bastards will go for that ankle with a passion.

While we're getting the hat put on us because of one game last year, they've been cheap hit artists for years.

If we do play him he better be watching out for Mike Mitchell again no question. Scumbags. Whatever
Reply/Quote