Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eifert Returns
https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/3/15/17126214/bengals-re-sign-te-tyler-eifert-1-year-deal-remain-cincinnati

Thoughts?

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
Love it. Saves us from picking up one in the draft (at least early on). Great signing.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
Good move. One year deal no matter the price tag is a safe play. My guess is it is cheaper than the tag as they could have tagged him earlier in the week if it wasn't trending that way. I like the move if he survives the year and does so while performing you get another chance to lock him up long term next year.
Reply/Quote
Am not thrilled about this
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
So sounds like a heavily incentive driven deal which is sweet.

Tom Pelissero
@TomPelissero
5m5 minutes ago
Tyler Eifert's one-year deal with the #Bengals has a maximum value of $8 million, source said. (@AdamSchefter first on the signing)
Reply/Quote
"Eifert Back" sounds like he got a new injury.
Reply/Quote
As the article states, it is HEAVILY incentivized. I love, love those contracts. You want the money? You have to earn it. Brings another weapon back. I'd love, love to see two tight end sets. Kroft showed himself as a capable tight end, even more so if Eifert can stay healthy.

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 03:56 PM)Gohards Wrote: "Eifert Back" sounds like he got a new injury.

Changed.

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 03:55 PM)Au165 Wrote: So sounds like a heavily incentive driven deal which is sweet.

Tom Pelissero
@TomPelissero
5m5 minutes ago
Tyler Eifert's one-year deal with the #Bengals has a maximum value of $8 million, source said. (@AdamSchefter first on the signing)

Love it. Dude is the best route running TE in the NFL when healthy. :andy:

He just never is, hope this changes this year and we can re-sign him to a longer term heavily incentive deal.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 03:53 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/3/15/17126214/bengals-re-sign-te-tyler-eifert-1-year-deal-remain-cincinnati

Thoughts?

perfect 1 year deal to see if he can stay healthy. if so probly a tag canidate next offseason

Now we are getting close to out of money in free agency I think. without making some moves to free up some cap space at least
Reply/Quote
Bengals with another savvy move.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 04:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Love it. Dude is the best route running TE in the NFL when healthy. :andy:

He just never is, hope this changes this year and we can re-sign him to a longer term heavily incentive deal.

I agree. I felt like he is better than Gronk in that aspect. His routes are a bit more crisp. Both, ironically, have massive injury concerns. 

Regardless, if we can manage a full season out of him, that will be a large win.

Look forward to seeing Dalton, Mixon, Green, Ross, Kroft and Eifert on the same field together. Lot of targets.

Reply/Quote
Loove it. As one of the few who wouldn't have minded the Bengals putting the franchise tag on him, the two million dollars less than the tag (if all incentives achieved), seems like a great price to me. If he stays healthy all year, franchise him and work out a long term (3 year) deal.
Reply/Quote
The deal should be something like 5K per yard. That way he has to get 100 yards a game to earn his 8 million.

To even think someone gets that much per yard gained...for example, even though LeBron James plays 82 games (ignoring playoffs), he makes $365,200 per game! So yeah, we as fans can complain when we see lack of effort.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Fantastic.

Super glad he's back. Hope he returns to 2015, but not holding my breath, as none of us should.

Massive game-changer, if he's healthy.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Great we can waste another year planning on Eifert playing and then having it blow up in our face. It was time to move on and try to get a new young TE that can stay healthy. This is just kicking the can down the road.
Reply/Quote
im so happy to see him on a one year deal. i love the guy and hope he stays healthy

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
He is a top 5 TE when healthy and Dalton loves to target him.

Time will tell.
Reply/Quote
No problem with re-upping Eifert since it a 1 year prove-it deal. Not quite ready to cut bait with a top 5 tight end (when healthy, which he never is).
Reply/Quote
awesome move.
now you have not one but 2 legit red zone threats at TE.
think Hernandez Gronk with Pats.
Andy is at his best with a healthy Eifert
Reply/Quote