Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eifert Returns
(03-15-2018, 04:25 PM)ochocincos Wrote: While true that he has to earn the money, it does mean that the full amount has to be reserved for cap purposes. The only way to "gain" it back is in the form of being rolled over to next year for whatever is not reached.

Right. I'm fine with that option. Just earmarking the money, but regardless, Eifert still has to earn it. It is really a win/win situation. 

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
Hobson just ballparked his base pay at 5.5, that's pretty good for any average starting TE so not a bad deal and if he performs well we all win.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 03:55 PM)treee Wrote: Am not thrilled about this

Why, do you not like watching him score Bengals touchdowns????
Quote:Totally ABSURD Tyler Eifert stat:

They last 3 years Eifert is tied for 6th in red zone TD catches (16), despite playing in only 23 of 48 games (2nd most TEs only):

• 18: Antonio Brown, Larry Fitzgerald & Allen Robinson
• 17: Jordan Reed, Davante Adams
• 16: Eifert & 4 others

Can't understand any fan not wanting him back on this deal.
Reply/Quote
Would still like someone like Ian Thomas in the 4-5th rounds as insurance and to develop for next when eiferts hurt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This just in, Tyler Eifert injured himself signing his new contract citing the pen was far too heavy.. The main incentive being holding on to the pen, but he managed at least one impressive rep and will return to stripes.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 04:49 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Would still like someone like Ian Thomas in the 4-5th rounds as insurance and to develop for next when eiferts hurt

I agree a 3-5 round pick on a TE and letting Uzomah walk would be my ideal play. If he hasn't emerged yet he probably isn't.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 04:49 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Would still like someone like Ian Thomas in the 4-5th rounds as insurance and to develop for next when eiferts hurt

I can see a later round TE like that to replace Eifert (or Kroft) next season or the one after.

With the signings and the Glenn trade I think it pretty much points to a Center and Linebacker being taken at the very least the first 3 picks.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
They say Eifert is their last move in FA.... so I guess we are getting a new center.... ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 04:53 PM)Sled21 Wrote: They say Eifert is their last move in FA.... so I guess we are getting a new center.... ThumbsUp

Bittersweet - although there aren't too many guys out there that I want at this point.

Amazing that it means we've priced ourself out of Bodine.  Who would have ever thought that?
Reply/Quote
Great news! If his base is $5.5m, that means he'll get a couple hundred thousand for each snap he plays.

I'm not a fan of this signing. Yes, Eifert can ball. However, is 2-8 games a year worth $5.5m? I'd rather have signed another OL or a LB for that money.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 04:53 PM)Sled21 Wrote: They say Eifert is their last move in FA.... so I guess we are getting a new center.... ThumbsUp

Stop teasing!!
Reply/Quote

Or, Brown will still re-sign him and have to dip into the extension money and use Bodine as the excuse that Atkins, Dunlap, or Dennard couldn't be brought back.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 04:56 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Stop teasing!!

We already have a better center behind Bodine on the depth chart  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 04:55 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Bittersweet - although there aren't too many guys out there that I want at this point.

Amazing that it means we've priced ourself out of Bodine.  Who would have ever thought that?

Oh I'm sure they'll find a way.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Can't wait for him to play 4 games. Whatever
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 03:53 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/3/15/17126214/bengals-re-sign-te-tyler-eifert-1-year-deal-remain-cincinnati

Thoughts?

I was kind of hoping he'd move on.  He'll play a few games and get injured.  I would rather have gotten somebody more reliable.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 04:12 PM)michaelsean Wrote: If this is highly incentivized I can't see how you can't like it.

Agreed. Delighted with this.
Reply/Quote
I dont love the move.

Feel like the money could have been spent on more important positions, you know....like the offensive line that we don't have.

Kroft really showed me something last year and hes been getting better each year. More than serviceable. The Bengals need to give up this quest of theirs to find this elusive all pro tight end that they want to run their offense through. Its just not going to happen.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 04:39 PM)jj22 Wrote: Why? He won't make it through OTA's. The Bengals just struggle to let go. It's kinda sad.

I just hate to assume that someone is going to get hurt again. Especially on my favorite team.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
It's not a bad move. Really given the utter lack of quality players in this year's Free Agency pool we've done good this offseason. We actually let a player go to free up cap, got creative and did a trade that both fixes LT (hopefully) and sets us up to go in multiple directions on draft day. We've lost no one of import and re-signed the ones we needed to.
Reply/Quote