Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eifert Returns
(03-15-2018, 05:09 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I dont love the move.

Feel like the money could have been spent on more important positions, you know....like the offensive line that we don't have.

Kroft really showed me something last year and hes been getting better each year. More than serviceable. The Bengals need to give up this quest of theirs to find this elusive all pro tight end that they want to run their offense through. Its just not going to happen.

I think it could happen if Marvin wasn't so stuck on his TEs having to be blockers. We draft pass catching TEs, but then Lewis blows them shit about their blocking. There are plenty of cheap, blocking TEs out there and we could always go back to an extra OT to run block. Split the TEs out wide, let them catch the ball. Don't try to turn them into blockers who also catch.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 04:27 PM)Au165 Wrote: So then it's no loss because we can always roll anything unused forward or even reallocate it to a resign of one of our own guys before the next league year.

It means less money that could be spent this year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 04:03 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: I agree. I felt like he is better than Gronk in that aspect. His routes are a bit more crisp. Both, ironically, have massive injury concerns. 

Regardless, if we can manage a full season out of him, that will be a large win.

Look forward to seeing Dalton, Mixon, Green, Ross, Kroft and Eifert on the same field together. Lot of targets.

I actually think Eifert's routes are MUCH more crisp than Gronk's.

Gronk is just a freak of nature with his size, speed and especially strength.

Don't forget Gio in there.

Would like to see our two backs out there at the same time and use them the way the Pats use their backs as Receivers.

Unpredictability is key.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 04:27 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I believe any incentive based contract you have the money available that league year to pay it. so you have to keep it in reserve and if not earned can roll it over

Which is exactly what I said (although maybe the way I said it didn't make that clear lol)
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 05:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I actually think Eifert's routes are MUCH more crisp than Gronk's.

Gronk is just a freak of nature with his size, speed and especially strength.

Don't forget Gio in there.

Would like to see our two backs out there at the same time and use them the way the Pats use their backs as Receivers.

Unpredictability is key.

That what makes Eifert a sad tale so far. The guy is super talented. I think he is a great route runner too. However, his head coach believes a TE should be a blocker first and the guy can't stay healthy.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 05:12 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: I think it could happen if Marvin wasn't so stuck on his TEs having to be blockers. We draft pass catching TEs, but then Lewis blows them shit about their blocking. There are plenty of cheap, blocking TEs out there and we could always go back to an extra OT to run block. Split the TEs out wide, let them catch the ball. Don't try to turn them into blockers who also catch.

WRs are better receivers.  So if you are not going to have your TEs block just don't use a TE.  Get another WR on the field who is a better receiver.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 04:53 PM)Sled21 Wrote: They say Eifert is their last move in FA.... so I guess we are getting a new center.... ThumbsUp

Sure hope this is the case. Draft a Center with one of our first two picks and we are looking much better than last year. Cool
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 04:07 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: The deal should be something like 5K per yard. That way he has to get 100 yards a game to earn his 8 million.

To even think someone gets that much per yard gained...for example, even though LeBron James plays 82 games (ignoring playoffs), he makes $365,200 per game! So yeah, we as fans can complain when we see lack of effort.

Is this even serious guy.
Reply/Quote
Wow really getting excited for some football! Hopefully next season won't be a disappointment like the last Jedi was!
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 05:22 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: That what makes Eifert a sad tale so far. The guy is super talented. I think he is a great route runner too. However, his head coach believes a TE should be a blocker first and the guy can't stay healthy.

I agree, they need to use him to his strengths. He is a great receiver, not a great blocker, use him as such and let him score TD's.

You know, those pesky things that help you win games. Mellow

(03-15-2018, 05:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: WRs are better receivers.  So if you are not going to have your TEs block just don't use a TE.  Get another WR on the field who is a better receiver.

Not many Receivers are better than Eifert when he is healthy, especially at going up for the ball with his size and route running ability.

Some WR's just don't have this talent, Eifert runs routes like a Wideout.
Reply/Quote
Is this 'Win Now Mode'?

I've heard it mentioned before (usually to our detriment).
Reply/Quote
It seems this move is the final nail in the plan to make Merv's slogan for this year's training camp as "If healthy..."

In all seriousness, though, if key players remain healthy, it sure is shaping up for Lazor to have no excuse for not coordinating a top 10 offense.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 05:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: WRs are better receivers.  So if you are not going to have your TEs block just don't use a TE.  Get another WR on the field who is a better receiver.

By this statement, you're saying that Brandon LaFell, Tyler Boyd, Cody Core, John Ross, Josh Malone, and Alex Erickson are better receivers than Tyler Eifert. I left AJ Green off because he is the best receiver on the team, period.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 05:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I agree, they need to use him to his strengths. He is a great receiver, not a great blocker, use him as such and let him score TD's.

You know, those pesky things that help you win games. Mellow

Not many Receivers are better than Eifert when he is healthy, especially at going up for the ball with his size and route running ability.

Some WR's just don't have this talent, Eifert runs routes like a Wideout.

Its all about the matchups. Eiffert has the athleticism of a receiver and the size of a safety. He can body smaller guys up with his size or beat bigger guys with his feet. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 05:37 PM)PhilHos Wrote: It seems this move is the final nail in the plan to make Merv's slogan for this year's training camp as "If healthy..."

In all seriousness, though, if key players remain healthy, it sure is shaping up for Lazor to have no excuse for not coordinating a top 10 offense.

Except that our offensive line is still shot and we don't have a credible outside threat other than AJ Green...
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Only problem I have with this is that ot keeps us from using a high draft pick on a TE for the future.
Reply/Quote
I'm OK with this. Had it been a multi-year deal with multiple years guaranteed I'd of been angry, but a one year 'stay healthy' deal? That's fine.

Best potential news is if signing Eifert means they won't re-sign Bodine, then Eifert's deal, even following his eventual injury during camp, is addition by subtraction. I still fear Bodine will return though. He's like Ghiaciuc, I won't believe he's gone until it actually happens, and even then I'll fear his return.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 05:45 PM)Ravage Wrote: He's like Ghiaciuc, I won't believe he's gone until it actually happens, and even then I'll fear his return.

Ghiaciuc only started two seasons as our starting Center.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 05:41 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Its all about the matchups. Eiffert has the athleticism of a receiver and the size of a safety. He can body smaller guys up with his size or beat bigger guys with his feet. 

He is a matchup nightmare when healthy no question.

Just hoping he is the same type of player he was before the two back surgeries.

We would know better than any other team though, that is for sure.

(03-15-2018, 05:42 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Except that our offensive line is still shot and we don't have a credible outside threat other than AJ Green...

Hey Weezy, we got a new O-line coach in Frank Pollack, a damn good LT in Cordy Glenn and it looks like we are going to draft
a Center now early with the team saying they are pretty much done in FA. We are on our way to fixing this O-line man, this is
different then when PA was here playing favorites.

(03-15-2018, 05:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Only problem I have with this is that ot keeps us from using a high draft pick on a TE for the future.

Could still happen, but a Center is what we need most right now. I wouldn't mind picking Mark Andrews TE Oklahoma in the mid
rounds who is a great Receiver, just needs to work on his blocking similar to Eifert. You cannot teach players to be great Receivers
but you can teach them to block. Andrews has the same size and receiving skillset as Eifert.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 05:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Ghiaciuc only started two seasons as our starting Center.

That was enough!
Reply/Quote