Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eifert Scare
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/20/eifert-gives-bengals-a-scare-walks-off-on-his-own/

Apparently the guy took a hard fall.
It definitely feels like an epic drum-roll when it comes to his health.
I am a big Andy Dalton supporter and think Eifert will help make Dalton look like a top 10 qb if he stays healthy.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2015, 05:36 PM)CoCoNuT Wrote: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/20/eifert-gives-bengals-a-scare-walks-off-on-his-own/

Apparently the guy took a hard fall.
It definitely feels like an epic drum-roll when it comes to his health.
I am a big Andy Dalton supporter and think Eifert will help make Dalton look like a top 10 qb if he stays healthy.

its good news he wasnt hurt.... without him we are back to the rookie TE brigade

Between him a hewitt they each has 1 season of seasoning.
Reply/Quote
According to Dehner, anytime Eifert falls, gets dinged, or takes his time to get up, the crowd just holds their breath. People may have not liked Gresham, but our TE depth is worse this year than last year. If Eifert goes down, then it'll probably be a repeat of 09 in terms of TE play.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2015, 05:41 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: According to Dehner, anytime Eifert falls, gets dinged, or takes his time to get up, the crowd just holds their breath. People may have not liked Gresham, but our TE depth is worse this year than last year. If Eifert goes down, then it'll probably be a repeat of 09 in terms of TE play.

Dennis Roland flashbacks.... commence
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2015, 05:41 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: According to Dehner, anytime Eifert falls, gets dinged, or takes his time to get up, the crowd just holds their breath. People may have not liked Gresham, but our TE depth is worse this year than last year. If Eifert goes down, then it'll probably be a repeat of 09 in terms of TE play.

can always play that fisher kid at TE.... hes getting reps in practice. but that doesnt add any experience to the group... And there is very little out on the market.

i wonder if any team has a Long snapper (usually listed as TE) that can play TE
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2015, 05:49 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: can always play that fisher kid at TE.... hes getting reps in practice. but that doesnt add any experience to the group...   And there is very little out on the market.

i wonder if any team has a Long snapper (usually listed as TE) that can play TE

Last I heard of Fisher he wasn't practicing yesterday.

Hobson tweeted yesterday "Fisher not working; France again backup left tackle"
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
So just to be cerain, he isn't injured right?

As someone eluded to earlier, anytime the guy is slow getting up we will all hold our breath.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2015, 06:22 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: So just to be cerain, he isn't injured right?

As someone eluded to earlier, anytime the guy is slow getting up we will all hold our breath.

No, Eifert was reported to be doing receiving drills later in the practice.
Reply/Quote
Or, they can do what they should be doing and giving Kroft real snaps as receiving TE and not just using him to block.
Reply/Quote
Report: Eifert Scolds Dalton for High Throws, While Dalton Scolds Bodine for Bad Snaps.

"Get it down, dammit!!" yelled Eifert. "You're going to get me killed like last year."

Link
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2015, 07:11 PM)Shady Wrote: Report: Eifert Scolds Dalton for High Throws, While Dalton Scolds Bodine for Bad Snaps.

"Get it down, dammit!!" yelled Eifert. "You're going to get me killed like last year."

Link

I can't click the link
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2015, 05:41 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: According to Dehner, anytime Eifert falls, gets dinged, or takes his time to get up, the crowd just holds their breath. People may have not liked Gresham, but our TE depth is worse this year than last year. If Eifert goes down, then it'll probably be a repeat of 09 in terms of TE play.

I disagree because we haven't seen Kroft or Uzomah in regular season play yet, but I think they both have lots of skill.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2015, 07:11 PM)Shady Wrote: Report:Eifert Scolds Dalton for High Throws, While Dalton Scolds Bodine for Bad Snaps.

Link

Eifert Scolds Dalton for High Throws, While Dalton Scolds Bodine for Bad Snaps.

Fixed the link for you
Reply/Quote
Wink 
(08-20-2015, 07:20 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I can't click the link

It's ok. It saved you from getting Rick Rolled. LOL Rock On
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Just sit him already until the opener! He's proven he's ready.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Nothing to worry about. Hopefully Eifert can play 16 games this year so he can start to shed this injury-prone label that was quickly (and perhaps unfairly) attached to him.

I mean, he was pretty healthy through his rookie campaign, was he not?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I don't think there is any worry here. BUT...looking at the depth and injury question marks surrounding the TE position, I do think we should have brought back Jermaine Gresham. Oh well...Hopefully, we don't have to worry about it at all this season.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Sometimes I really wonder if Marvin practices his players too hard. A real NFL game is supremely hard on a human body...what happens if you tell your players to go all out in practice every day?
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2015, 08:24 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Sometimes I really wonder if Marvin practices his players too hard.  A real NFL game is supremely hard on a human body...what happens if you tell your players to go all out in practice every day?

Do you mean the practices under the new CBA where actual football contact is at a minimum?  Or maybe you're thinking of the numerous times that Marvin has reminded his receivers not to dive to the ground during practices?  Bottom line - It's not a Marvin issue.
Reply/Quote
Scary would be Daniel Coates and Matt Sherry competing for a spot, with JP Foschi boarding a flight to CVG.

A tight end must've hurt Bob Bratkowski. He never got over it.
Reply/Quote