Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eifert Scare
I think if we loose Eifert again, we're ******.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I love Eifert, and think he is definitely an important key to this offense....
But what happened to real football players, that nobody held their breath with
every hit they took, just praying that the player wasn't injured.
I know some people are just built more sturdy than others
I'm just tired of pinning the teams hopes on a glass Joe and hoping he doesn't get hurt.
Rub some dirt on it, walk it off, fight thru the pain.
[Image: forumpic2.jpg]
When I die, I will get to shake Mr. Paul Browns hand and hear him say "Damn, you never stopped believing, did you?"
Reply/Quote
Dude needs to learn the art of landing.

Reply/Quote
(08-20-2015, 11:24 PM)jtsmith38 Wrote: I love Eifert, and think he is definitely an important key to this offense....
I'm just tired of pinning the teams hopes on a glass Joe and hoping he doesn't get hurt.

I was kind of wigging out, too, but it's not something that he had to fight through or was just being a girl because he just had the wind knocked out of him.

He's not a Glass Joe, so we're all good!

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
The hit he took last year would've shattered anyone's elbow.

I'm not concerned about his durability at this juncture.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Even still I would like to see Kroft get more snaps. Not because Eifert is not the starter or such but so that if and when we use him he is not ice cold. Alas the typical Marvin Lewis attitude towards rookies may be manifesting itself again.
Reply/Quote
It was a legit hard fall and he was down long enough to warrant me taking a twitpic and sending it out. Honestly, I was more concerned with his head hitting the ground - he fell straight down on his back. He did catch passes with the QBs off on a side field, but he did not participate in the final 7-on-7. Kroft ran with the ones. He also didn't want to talk to us after - and now practice is closed to us. So, we'll see if he suits up Monday.

As for "practicing hard" - this had nothing to do with that. It was a 1-on-1 drill. He just went up high to make a catch. In the future, the coaches may just say let the ball sail out of bounds.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2015, 05:36 PM)CoCoNuT Wrote: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/20/eifert-gives-bengals-a-scare-walks-off-on-his-own/

Apparently the guy took a hard fall.
It definitely feels like an epic drum-roll when it comes to his health.
I am a big Andy Dalton supporter and think Eifert will help make Dalton look like a top 10 qb if he stays healthy.

Dalton needs to play like a top 10 QB to be a top 10 QB. Yet to happen. Hopefully we'll see it out of him this year.

Reply/Quote
(08-20-2015, 11:24 PM)jtsmith38 Wrote: I love Eifert, and think he is definitely an important key to this offense....

Says the guy who's never been hit by someone 6'2", 245 lb running down hill at them.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2015, 10:32 AM)jason Wrote: Says the guy who's never been hit by someone 6'2", 245 lb running down hill at them.

I have, in university, my first game, first play on kickoff coverage, thought I died. Took me about 20 minutes to get right. When I watch these players take huge hits and just get up I have no idea how they do it.

Reply/Quote
(08-21-2015, 10:36 AM)BritishBengal Wrote: I have, in university, my first game, first play on kickoff coverage, thought I died. Took me about 20 minutes to get right. When I watch these players take huge hits and just get up I have no idea how they do it.

Don't you just love how some on here assume that nobody on this board has ever played football before?  Just because some haven't doesn't mean that others haven't.

Yeah, most times getting hit is no big deal, but other times, you're like what the heck just happened?
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2015, 10:20 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Dalton needs to play like a top 10 QB to be a top 10 QB. Yet to happen. Hopefully we'll see it out of him this year.

Dalton needs WRs who can get some kind of separation to have a chance at that.
Last year seemed like he had a fair amount of games without anyone who could consistently do that.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2015, 05:36 PM)CoCoNuT Wrote: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/20/eifert-gives-bengals-a-scare-walks-off-on-his-own/

Apparently the guy took a hard fall.
It definitely feels like an epic drum-roll when it comes to his health.
I am a big Andy Dalton supporter and think Eifert will help make Dalton look like a top 10 qb if he stays healthy.

phew
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2015, 07:23 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I disagree because we haven't seen Kroft or Uzomah in regular season play yet, but I think they both have lots of skill.

What a shock.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Glad to see Eifert is fine because a healthy Eifert is absolutely a difference maker on this offense.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2015, 04:59 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Glad to see Eifert is fine because a healthy Eifert is absolutely a difference maker on this offense.

Yep!!  I really think this offense will be different this year with him healthy along with Green and Jones.  Then throw in more Hill and we could have a difficult offense to stop.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote