Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HELP WANTED...a number 2 WR that can seperate
(10-10-2017, 12:32 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Hell that Tate guy from the Bills looked pretty good,

never understood the hate for Tate...  we didn't use him on offense often but he oftened produced when he was....  (minus the game he was the #1 WR cause hes not one of those)
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2017, 10:00 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: Lafell is worlds better than Core at this point. The Bengals have always seemed to view separation as a luxury -- they'd rather have a WR that will fight for the contested ball. Sanu was that guy for awhile. So was TJ Housh. If Ross is healthy, sure, rotate him in. And maybe Core should occasionally get snaps, but he simply isn't as good as Lafell.

Lafells first game with us against the Steelers last year he caught 7 passes on 9 targets for 91 yards. That's the sort of production you need.

And BTW, no one can get the production if the line can't give Dalton more time to throw.

I would add Lafell is a very good blocker. I know the focus on a WR is catches, but the guys like Sanu or Lafell who v=can block add more options for the OC.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2017, 12:32 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Hell that Tate guy from the Bills looked pretty good,

(10-10-2017, 03:43 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Isnt he their #1 WR now, I doubt theyd be willing to part with him, plus i heard he's a pretty good punt returner Ninja

Tate has 2 receptions all year so nothing's changed on that front. Still useless as a receiver. 

Plus Erickson is better as a returner. Tate did bring it against his former team, so he's got that going for him.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2017, 11:42 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: never understood the hate for Tate...  we didn't use him on offense often but he oftened produced when he was....  (minus the game he was the #1 WR cause hes not one of those)

I've never understood the Tate love. It's not like a hater brought him up just now. 2 years later, some still want to bring up a mediocre return guy that couldn't help as a receiver even when we had a glut of injuries. Tate wasn't worthy of hate, but he wasn't worthy of a man crush either. He was as mediocre as it gets. He's not better than the guy we have now.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
The Pats currently have a few Brandon's (Brandin?) on their roster. One of them is a WR I think. Pretty clear we need to trade for him.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2017, 12:10 AM)impactplaya Wrote: I might be jumping the gun but I can't see John Ross making a contribution this year in a meaningful season
A.J is the only WR on the roster can actually seperate from a cb.
Every time Tyler Boyd gets the ball he's stopped in his tracks
Brandon LaFell look like he lost whatever speed he had at Carolina
this offense needs a WR that can exploit single coverage underneath and just simply out run guys
How come Tobin or Lewis haven't been looking for a fresh body to sign to help add some quicks
To the offense
Screen passes to Bernard aren't going to work every week and AJ won't be going off for 7 189 every Sunday

That is the thing, we have 3 options on our Offense already if Ross can get healthy.

Core and Malone both have that deep speed and Malone goes up for the ball extremely well, Malone
would be my bet if Ross can't go. Just cause they would of used Core more if they thought he was the
answer i am guessing. Just have to trust Urban on this one, he is a good coach.

Maybe either Malone, Core or hopefully our first rounder are able to get on the field soon, against Pitt
would be nice and we do have a nice bye week to get these guys somewhat ready.

Lafell and Boyd just don't get much seperation and it is painfully obvious.
Reply/Quote
We had this issue last year. That's why Ross was brought in. We needed speed and a route runner, Ross gives just that.

LaFell shouldn't have been brought back. In his last 3 seasons the dude only has 6 TDs. That's 32 games he's played in.

Brandon LaFell reminds me a lot of Laveranues Coles during his time in Cincinnati.

Tyler Boyd is a good route runner and last year we saw moments where he was open and Dalton wouldn't see him. I would have liked to see more of him on the outside position, but they continue to use LaFell.

Core, in my opinion, is vastly overrated on these boards. Hasn't done much with his opportunities and struggled a lot in week 1 where he saw playing time. You need more than speed to get separation.

Erickson is solid in the slot. He should see more catches.

Malone is an unknown.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2017, 07:11 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: We had this issue last year. That's why Ross was brought in. We needed speed and a route runner, Ross gives just that.

LaFell shouldn't have been brought back. In his last 3 seasons the dude only has 6 TDs. That's 32 games he's played in.

Brandon LaFell reminds me a lot of Laveranues Coles during his time in Cincinnati.

Tyler Boyd is a good route runner and last year we saw moments where he was open and Dalton wouldn't see him. I would have liked to see more of him on the outside position, but they continue to use LaFell.

Core, in my opinion, is vastly overrated on these boards. Hasn't done much with his opportunities and struggled a lot in week 1 where he saw playing time. You need more than speed to get separation.

Erickson is solid in the slot. He should see more catches.

Malone is an unknown.

Ross just needs to get healthy is all i can say, i don't trust Boyd on the outside either. He has never been known
for his explosiveness, he is known for his hands and route running to go along with his versatility. Lafell is not the
answer and we saw this last year as you speak of Wolf, but Core did do something for us in this aspect last year.

Not going to ignore it either even if he struggled against the Ravens the 2nd time around.

Boyd or Erickson in the Slot, Green on the outside with either Ross, Malone or Core for that speed on the outside
is the way we should go. Pretty obvious that Lafell should not of been brought back with this production as we
have seen in his first 5 games this year i agree. But i think there were reasons to bring him back even though it
may have been the wrong move in the end...

Need some stability besides Green and that is what he should be used for. Lafell has been missed open by Andy
a few times and our OL was bad the first 4 games, really bad.
Reply/Quote
They can't cover AJ and my boy Tyler "The Tomb Raider" Kroft

PS. I am the all time champ at nick names
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2017, 07:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Ross just needs to get healthy is all i can say, i don't trust Boyd on the outside either. He has never been known
for his explosiveness, he is known for his hands and route running to go along with his versatility. Lafell is not the
answer and we saw this last year as you speak of Wolf, but Core did do something for us in this aspect last year.

Not going to ignore it either even if he struggled against the Ravens the 2nd time around.

Boyd or Erickson in the Slot, Green on the outside with either Ross, Malone or Core for that speed on the outside
is the way we should go. Pretty obvious that Lafell should not of been brought back with this production as we
have seen in his first 5 games this year i agree. But i think there were reasons to bring him back even though it
may have been the wrong move in the end...

Need some stability besides Green and that is what he should be used for. Lafell has been missed open by Andy
a few times and our OL was bad the first 4 games, really bad.

I'm probably higher on Tyler Boyd than others to be honest. He's quick and can cut in and out of breaks well, but certainly not "fast".

I've seen a lack of route running and awareness by Core this year. Like against Baltimore there were times where on roll outs he would go out of bounds and not even try to get back in or give up on the route. He has some speed, but he's been underwhelming to me.

I can understand some reasoning to keep LaFell, but there were other options out there. Both younger and overall better. And I don't mean top end like Pryor or Jeffrey. I mean like Robert Woods, Torrey Smith, or even Kamar Aiken.

Yeah, Dalton did miss LaFell. He showed more trust in him last game though, but LaFell also couldn't separate that well. It was nice to see Dalton work through his progressions more last game.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2017, 08:51 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I'm probably higher on Tyler Boyd than others to be honest. He's quick and can cut in and out of breaks well, but certainly not "fast".

I've seen a lack of route running and awareness by Core this year. Like against Baltimore there were times where on roll outs he would go out of bounds and not even try to get back in or give up on the route. He has some speed, but he's been underwhelming to me.

I can understand some reasoning to keep LaFell, but there were other options out there. Both younger and overall better. And I don't mean top end like Pryor or Jeffrey. I mean like Robert Woods, Torrey Smith, or even Kamar Aiken.

Yeah, Dalton did miss LaFell. He showed more trust in him last game though, but LaFell also couldn't separate that well. It was nice to see Dalton work through his progressions more last game.

Definately agree with all of this Wolf and your FA guys that would of been better options.

Nice getting the bye week when we do, Urban can really work with these guys in the next week and get atleast
one of the faster dudes some looks in Pitt. I truly believe just like late last season we need some speed to really
open up this Offense. Nice seeing the O-line looking better against the Bills, specifically Og and Andre.

Kroft has also been a pleasant surprise, we need him with Eifert's career now in jeopardy.

Didn't get to watch the Ravens game, that does not bode well for Core who i have been high on.

Always been his problem is running crisper routes. He rounds them off far too often. Malone is my guy until JR
can get healthy who i still believe can be a stud in this league.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2017, 01:21 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I've never understood the Tate love. It's not like a hater brought him up just now. 2 years later, some still want to bring up a mediocre return guy that couldn't help as a receiver even when we had a glut of injuries. Tate wasn't worthy of hate, but he wasn't worthy of a man crush either. He was as mediocre as it gets. He's not better than the guy we have now.

He played for the Patriots for one year, so that means he's automatically good! Mellow
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2017, 09:49 AM)Au165 Wrote: What are you talking about? The game plan right now is force it to Green. It's not a lack of separation it is getting the ball to their play maker, the thing he demanded right before they fired the O coordinator. When he has looked to other WR's he has normally found open ones, but Dalton isn't doing that much right now. If you look at how quickly he is getting rid of the ball, he is basically making one read and throwing.

Some of these WRs have been getting open only to be missed badly by Dalton. Hopefully when everyone gets back from their holiday break, they will actually practice throwing and catching the ball. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2017, 09:46 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: He played for the Patriots for one year, so that means he's automatically good! Mellow

Yeah, but I thought the Genius never makes mistakes?  Ninja
Reply/Quote