Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eifert Update
Really hate to hear that about Tyler.

Could have been a great one, certainly was a special talent and the Bengals were always better with him on the field.

Just was never on the field enough. But it is what it is and hope it all works out for him.

Cole Hikutini is who I would be claiming.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2017, 10:30 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: We need to move on. Unless he comes with a cheap price tag I dont see this team resigning him.

He will likely be on a cheap, one year prove it deal wherever he goes.  The big question for us is that since both Kroft and Uzi have also had some injury issues, is it worth gambling the roster spot on a oft-injured Eifert or do you try to find someone more durable.
Reply/Quote
I don't see us retaining him...if we do, better be for a budget value...the dude has played like 39 of 69 games or something like that?

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
John Ross update

Including pre season:

3 games played

6 games missed

1 catch

3 runs

2 injuries from the running plays

1 fumble lost
Reply/Quote
eifert needs to be cut. unless he's owed tons (which he may be) just cut him. he can't stay healthy and cannot contribute due to always being injured. tired of it. move on from eifert.
Reply/Quote
Good luck. Just hope the Bengals don't resign him.. he's nothing but false hope.
Reply/Quote
Kroft has looked pretty good if that is a silver lining
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2017, 01:48 AM)Brimey Wrote: Kroft has looked pretty good if that is a silver lining

AJ makes them all look better....including andy. it's that simple. it's the other side of brady. except we don't have a belichick, just a lewis.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2017, 01:51 AM)WildCat Wrote: AJ makes them all look better....including andy. it's that simple. it's the other side of brady. except we don't have a belichick, just a lewis.

AJ might help draw coverage, but Kroft has made some nice catches. Don't sell him short. 

Reply/Quote
It’s a shame that it’s come to this but unfortunately it seems he’s done. What a player when healthy though. How much money would he have made throughout his career so far? Hopefully enough that he can live a comfortable healthy life
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2017, 12:33 AM)Whatever Wrote: He will likely be on a cheap, one year prove it deal wherever he goes.  The big question for us is that since both Kroft and Uzi have also had some injury issues, is it worth gambling the roster spot on a oft-injured Eifert or do you try to find someone more durable.

Even cheap...why would we want him?

Back surgeries are tough on players careers...and IF he gets another this will be his 3rd. He's close to being out of the league.

And back surgeries take away athleticism. We need to stop thinking of Eifert as the same player he was as a rookie. He's losing skills because of these.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2017, 12:33 AM)Whatever Wrote: He will likely be on a cheap, one year prove it deal wherever he goes.  The big question for us is that since both Kroft and Uzi have also had some injury issues, is it worth gambling the roster spot on a oft-injured Eifert or do you try to find someone more durable.

Even if it's just $4-5 million a year, I'd rather that money go toward a player that there is more confidence in staying healthy.
A good center, perhaps?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
He already went from 6'6 to 6'4 now he will be 6'1. His career is over. Thankfully we never extended him.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2017, 09:19 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Even cheap...why would we want him?

Back surgeries are tough on players careers...and IF he gets another this will be his 3rd. He's close to being out of the league.

And back surgeries take away athleticism. We need to stop thinking of Eifert as the same player he was as a rookie. He's losing skills because of these.

Those are all valid points, and I fall into the move on camp myself.  Still, if he hasn't signed elsewhere on the eve of TC, it might be worth a roll of the dice.
Reply/Quote
I like Tyler Eifert. He had such incredible potential. Another season ending injury is zero surprise though. It's probably time to hang up his cleats.

There's no reason to cut him. Put him on IR and move on.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2017, 09:19 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Even cheap...why would we want him?

Exactly. Tyler Eifert has had just 1500 yards and 20 TDs in five seasons. When that is averaged out, it's a measly 300 yards and 4 TDs per year.

To those that will say "It's cuz he was hurt, not cuz he's bad!" - Yes, I get that he had two good seasons and the production was affected by his health, but you can't be productive when you're not able to take the field.

For as frustrating as Gresham was, he was far more reliable to play and ended up with 2722 yards and 24 TDs in his five years with the Bengals.
Better overall production compared to Eifert.

Looking to next year, I'd prefer to just roll with Kroft and Uzomah as the top two TEs, draft another in the middle rounds, and build the offensive gameplan around the WRs and RBs.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Kind of glad honestly....why?

1) he needs to take care of his body. I know back injuries at a young age and it sucks and if you want kids and want to be able to play with them, you. Need to protect yourself. I used to run marathons in early 20s and herniated 2 discs three years ago. But at 31 sports are mostly a thing of the past as is weight lifting. Hell, I haven't been able to sit down for work in over 3 months since my last flare up (playing basketball) anyway, body/future is more important than football. He needs to retire, he is a smart man and will be fine in a post football career.

2) bengals need to be able to prepare with players who will be available on a regular basis. So now they know kroft/cj are their options. If they are not ok with that, barnidge is available and could be brought in for the second half of the season.

3) hopefully the bengals realize the seriousness of this and don't franchise him next year and double down on this... like they tend to do.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2017, 09:39 AM)Whatever Wrote: Those are all valid points, and I fall into the move on camp myself.  Still, if he hasn't signed elsewhere on the eve of TC, it might be worth a roll of the dice.

The risk of signing him to say a $3 million 1 year deal is it prevents us from moving on and signing an actual TE who can be counted on to play 15/16 games a year.

Plus, his play is declining because of the surgeries.

We're better off just giving Kroft playing time so he develops.

Back surgeries are a huge career killer in the NFL...
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2017, 09:41 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Exactly. Tyler Eifert has had just 1500 yards and 20 TDs in five seasons. When that is averaged out, it's a measly 300 yards and 4 TDs per year.

To those that will say "It's cuz he was hurt, not cuz he's bad!" - Yes, I get that he had two good seasons and the production was affected by his health, but you can't be productive when you're not able to take the field.

For as frustrating as Gresham was, he was far more reliable to play and ended up with 2722 yards and 24 TDs in his five years with the Bengals.
Better overall production compared to Eifert.

Looking to next year, I'd prefer to just roll with Kroft and Uzomah as the top two TEs, draft another in the middle rounds, and build the offensive gameplan around the WRs and RBs.

Yep. It's not like he's just missing games too.

With back surgeries you're unable to run and lift weights for months. That's a big deal.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2017, 10:03 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Kind of glad honestly....why?

1) he needs to take care of his body.  I know back injuries at a young age and it sucks and if you want kids and want to be able to play with them, you. Need to protect yourself. I used to run marathons in early 20s and herniated 2 discs three years ago.  But at 31 sports are mostly a thing of the past as is weight lifting.  Hell, I haven't been able to sit down for work in over 3 months since my last flare up (playing basketball) anyway, body/future is more important than football.  He needs to retire, he is a smart man and will be fine in a post football career.

2) bengals need to be able to prepare with players who will be available on a regular basis. So now they know kroft/cj are their options.  If they are not ok with that, barnidge is available and could be brought in for the second half of the season.

3) hopefully the bengals realize the  seriousness of this and don't franchise him next year and double down on this... like they tend to do.

Oh my...IF they franchise him after all of this...that would be the most inept move of all-time.
Reply/Quote