Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eifert Update
(10-12-2017, 10:10 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The risk of signing him to say a $3 million 1 year deal is it prevents us from moving on and signing an actual TE who can be counted on to play 15/16 games a year.

Plus, his play is declining because of the surgeries.

We're better off just giving Kroft playing time so he develops.

Back surgeries are a huge career killer in the NFL...

We said the same thing, you just gave the cliff note version!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2017, 05:29 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote:

Feel terrible for Eifert.  Can't imagine the disappointment he must be feeling.  His body is just not holding up its end of the bargain.  So much talent and his body is likely going to prevent him from landing that 2nd huge contract.

Some team will still sign him in hopes that the stars will align, but I doubt it will be anything more than 3 years.  Who knows maybe the Bengals will tag him for 1 year and then re-evaluate for 2019.  

Feel bad for the guy.  I know what it's like when the body starts breaking down.  Happened in my career around age 28.  Little things at first, like reaction time, then more physical.
Reply/Quote
The franchise tag for a TE is around $10 million a year.

We could...umm...maybe...sign an offensive lineman or two with that money that would address issues rather than pay a TE who has played an average of 11 games a year since he came into the league. That average will be about 8-9 games a year after this season.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2017, 05:48 PM)Thundercloud Wrote: Gregg Cook, Odell Thurman, David Pollack ... we could name more.  What a shame.

Ki-jana Carter, Chris Henry, Ickey Woods.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2017, 10:20 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The franchise tag for a TE is around $10 million a year.

We could...umm...maybe...sign an offensive lineman or two with that money that would address issues rather than pay a TE who has played an average of 11 games a year since he came into the league. That average will be about 8-9 games a year after this season.

Agree whole heartedly.
Reply/Quote
Hate it for the young man, he's a rare talent, and a good person to boot.  I feel he needs to make the smart move and retire.  Best wishes 85, I hope all works out for you.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2017, 10:21 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Ki-jana Carter, Chris Henry, Ickey Woods.....

Chris perry... didn't he get hurt and lose explosiveness?
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2017, 10:23 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Chris perry... didn't he get hurt and lose explosiveness?

Perry...and some other Bengals were misdiagnosed by Bengals doctors.

"They checked it out and said nothing was wrong with it and came back and told me something was wrong with it," he said of the knee. "Same with the ankle. That's why it took so long. If they had told me about it in February, it would have happened in February. I knew it was hurting, but to the extent that it was, I had no clue. I didn't know that (until) I went and got a second opinion and found out how hurt I really was."

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2007/1/1/141117/3965

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2010/8/31/1660606/advice-to-bengals-players-dont
Reply/Quote
Marvin Lewis Wrote:If you can jump through the hoops and pass our medical, then you’re pretty good.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2017, 01:28 AM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: John Ross update

Including pre season:

3 games played

6 games missed

1 catch

3 runs

2 injuries from the running plays

1 fumble lost

And Non Sequitur Post of the Day award goes tooooooooooooooooooo ...
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Man cant help but feel for Eifert. He has to be extremely frustrated
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2017, 10:23 AM)Wyche Wrote: Hate it for the young man, he's a rare talent, and a good person to boot.  I feel he needs to make the smart move and retire.  Best wishes 85, I hope all works out for you.

Hoping the Bengals see it this way!  Looks like Kroft has earned the spot!
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2017, 10:23 AM)Wyche Wrote: Hate it for the young man, he's a rare talent, and a good person to boot.  I feel he needs to make the smart move and retire.  Best wishes 85, I hope all works out for you.

My sentiments exactly. He sure was fun to watch when at ND and in Stripes.  Hope everything works out for him in the future. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Welp, time to start playing Tyler Kroft even more to see what we have in him. Cut Eifert loose after this season. it's simply not worth the financial investment.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Kind of puts the 'We have to save money to extend so and so in the future' discussions in perspective. Sometimes they get injured and that extension never comes. Sometimes they move on to other teams like Zeitler and Whitworth.
Reply/Quote
Sad to hear

Eifert may have very well been one of the top TE's to ever play the game, he was very good ! Wish him well in whatever's next because I'd guess the NFL is over for him.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2017, 09:34 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Even if it's just $4-5 million a year, I'd rather that money go toward a player that there is more confidence in staying healthy.
A good center, perhaps?

(10-12-2017, 10:10 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The risk of signing him to say a $3 million 1 year deal is it prevents us from moving on and signing an actual TE who can be counted on to play 15/16 games a year.

Plus, his play is declining because of the surgeries.

We're better off just giving Kroft playing time so he develops.

Back surgeries are a huge career killer in the NFL...

There's no way I give Eifert $3-5 mil.  The only way I'd be ok with that is if was structured like Burfict's deal, and he basically gets a roster bonus for every game he's active.  

I think we definitely need a TE in FA or early in the draft.  At the same time, I'd be ok with bringing him in on a minimum deal to fight for a job.  Worst case, he upgrades Uzi as the 3rd TE.

Although he's definitely the exception to the rule, you can't forget Dennis Pitta.  He was supposed to be finished after his hip injuries, but did come back in ,'16 for an 86 catch, 729 yard, 2 TD campaign before getting hurt again this year.  
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2017, 05:48 PM)Thundercloud Wrote: Gregg Cook, Odell Thurman, David Pollack ... we could name more.  What a shame.

(10-12-2017, 10:21 AM)Wyche Wrote: Ki-jana Carter, Chris Henry, Ickey Woods.....

Kenny Irons, Dennis Weathersby
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2017, 04:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Kenny Irons, Dennis Weathersby

chris perry, Kenny Irons
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2017, 12:48 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Kind of puts the 'We have to save money to extend so and so in the future' discussions in perspective. Sometimes they get injured and that extension never comes. Sometimes they move on to other teams like Zeitler and Whitworth.

bengals have been spending their money...

it might not be where the board wants them to spend it but they have been spending.
Reply/Quote