Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eifert Update
(10-12-2017, 04:38 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: bengals have been spending their money...

it might not be where the board wants them to spend it but they have been spending.

If the Bengals decide to move on from Eiffert and don't even offer him the veteran minimum, I want them to take that money they "saved" and put it exclusively towards the offensive line. I know it won't happen, but it's what I want.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2017, 05:48 PM)Thundercloud Wrote: Gregg Cook, Odell Thurman, David Pollack ... we could name more.  What a shame.

(10-12-2017, 10:21 AM)Wyche Wrote: Ki-jana Carter, Chris Henry, Ickey Woods.....

(10-12-2017, 10:23 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Chris perry... didn't he get hurt and lose explosiveness?

(10-12-2017, 04:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Kenny Irons, Dennis Weathersby

(10-12-2017, 04:36 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: chris perry, Kenny Irons

[Image: Jordon-Shipley-2015-Wyoming-whitetail-M.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2017, 04:39 PM)PhilHos Wrote: If the Bengals decide to move on from Eiffert and don't even offer him the veteran minimum, I want them to take that money they "saved" and put it exclusively towards the offensive line. I know it won't happen, but it's what I want.

You know when free agency rolls around that the Bengals aren't going to spend because they're saving up for extensions for Atkins and Dunlap who are free agents after next season.

Book it. We'll go into the season with some $20 million in cap space.

We'll likely let one go in free agency...because AJ Green is a free agent after the following season!
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2017, 04:36 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: chris perry, Kenny Irons

What was the name of the defensive player the Bengals were high on, since the Dalton era, but could never stay healthy?
Reply/Quote
You really have to think the league is abusing TEs anymore. They just can't be big enough, fast enough or tough enough. It's very quickly becoming a position that's almost guaranteed to get injured even more so than running backs. They're running routes down the middle of the field against linebackers and safeties at full speed and getting hit at full speed. As Lapham said it's like being in multiple car wrecks every game. How long can this be sustainable? Something really needs to change, but what do they do? Stop using these big guys like this? Someone else will do it if you don't unless the league puts an end to putting these lives on the line like this? They want to pretend player safety is paramount, but they continuously keep running these kinds of plays. Perhaps the medical bills will force it. I mean if I were a medical insurance underwriter I'd never write a policy to cover TEs.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2017, 08:10 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: What was the name of the defensive player the Bengals were high on, since the Dalton era, but could never stay healthy?

Dontay Moch?
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2017, 10:44 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Dontay Moch?

Or Devon Still or both 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2017, 08:10 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: What was the name of the defensive player the Bengals were high on, since the Dalton era, but could never stay healthy?

(10-12-2017, 10:55 PM)grampahol Wrote: Or Devon Still or both 

Brandon Ghee?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

(10-12-2017, 10:55 PM)grampahol Wrote: Or Devon Still or both 

(10-13-2017, 12:06 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Brandon Ghee?

Keith Rivers?
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2017, 01:23 AM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: Keith Rivers?

Brings up an interesting question. Is a guy who never played a single game with Dalton still part of the Dalton era? He was on the team in '11, but missed the entire season before being traded in '12.

(They got the pick that they used on Iloka for Rivers, which is a pretty nice trade, though not nearly as nice as having your 9th overall pick not be a bust.)

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Totally forgot to make a joke on this thread... Eifert Update:
[Image: 2693.jpg]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2017, 01:36 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Brings up an interesting question. Is a guy who never played a single game with Dalton still part of the Dalton era? He was on the team in '11, but missed the entire season before being traded in '12.

(They got the pick that they used on Iloka for Rivers, which is a pretty nice trade, though not nearly as nice as having your 9th overall pick not be a bust.)

I thought he was going to be a building block for this team for a while, just didn't happen. Had all the skills you want from a linebacker.
Reply/Quote
If Eifert plays another snap in the league he should be committed to an asylum. 
He's really risking a life of nothing but pain and suffering with all the back injuries. 
It's one thing to think you're tough while you're young and all that, but there comes a time when reality kicks in and you realize that you just ain't gonna get younger and these things are going to haunt you the rest of your life. 
I'd be willing to bet that by the time he's 30 he'll be physically addicted and dependent to pain medication if he already isn't. I've been down that road more than I like talking about and at his age it probably won't get any better or easier. 
You get to the point where you're having to choose between a life of unbearable pain and living with a daily regiment of pain killing cocktails and all the negatives that comes with it..
It's a real cross roads for him..
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2017, 01:36 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Brings up an interesting question. Is a guy who never played a single game with Dalton still part of the Dalton era? He was on the team in '11, but missed the entire season before being traded in '12.

SEAN PORTER is the guy I was thinking of!!!!
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2017, 01:48 AM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: I thought he was going to be a building block for this team for a while, just didn't happen. Had all the skills you want from a linebacker.

He played very well for us, but he was constantly taken off the field for Brandon Johnson and Rivers' numbers were better across the board.

Think a combination of his attitude and the team not being super pleased with him, was why he was squeezed out; I remember people who were affiliated with the Bengals, heard that the team was displeased with his demeanor.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

Sean Porter?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

Was it Sean Porter?

:)
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Ross compares to Dontay Moch. All you heard about was his blazing speed. Then he never played. And never played. And never played. And they kept hyping him.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2017, 10:45 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He played very well for us, but he was constantly taken off the field for Brandon Johnson and Rivers' numbers were better across the board.

Think a combination of his attitude and the team not being super pleased with him, was why he was squeezed out; I remember people who were affiliated with the Bengals, heard that the team was displeased with his demeanor.

I always got the feeling that Rivers was just a "F' it take him" kind of pick.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2017, 03:49 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I always got the feeling that Rivers was just a "F' it take him" kind of pick.

Yea.  That was the Derrick Harvey draft where Jacksonville traded in front of us.  I think we would have taken Harvey, but he ended up a flop anyway.  
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2017, 03:57 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Yea.  That was the Derrick Harvey draft where Jacksonville traded in front of us.  I think we would have taken Harvey, but he ended up a flop anyway.  

Well we wanted Dorsey, Ellis, or Harvey. Saints traded up in front of us to get Ellis. I didn't know about the Harvey thing until we signed him and Hobson reported it. Marvin's PC after the pick made it seem like he was pissed about missing out on a DL.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote