Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eifert cleared
We have to do way better than kroft at this position and have too many wholes elsewhere. Hope we can keep him somehow and he can get through a season healthy.
Reply/Quote
It's ludicrous not to resign Eifert, he's one of the best Te's in the game when healthy. Performance based contract, yes, but they need to resign him.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2018, 01:58 PM)Sled21 Wrote: It's ludicrous not to resign Eifert, he's one of the best Te's in the game when healthy. Performance based contract, yes, but they need to resign him.

Hard to argue with this if he will sign a performance laden contract. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2018, 03:21 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Some dude who has never played a full season in the NFL makes our QB better

Fixed.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2018, 01:58 PM)Sled21 Wrote: It's ludicrous not to resign Eifert, he's one of the best Te's in the game when healthy. Performance based contract, yes, but they need to resign him.

Right I'm sure they will make an offer...  But some team with stupid cap space might offer him more.

How much do you offer a dude based on 1 great season 3 years ago and hasn't done much sense? with multiple surgeries etc.    What else could we possibly due with his money.

If performance based means we have to keep whatever he could potentially earn that season available. 
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2018, 02:23 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Right I'm sure they will make an offer...  But some team with stupid cap space might offer him more.

How much do you offer a dude based on 1 great season 3 years ago and hasn't done much sense? with multiple surgeries etc.    What else could we possibly due with his money.

If performance based means we have to keep whatever he could potentially earn that season available. 

Could be, but I think any team would want to negotiate performance based incentives with his history.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2018, 03:03 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Could be, but I think any team would want to negotiate performance based incentives with his history.

True but if it is a top team like NE or Philly for example. 

He will probably leave anyway unfortunately.

And one will because he is a difference maker when playing. 

Hope it works out for us and him and he is retained though with contract like you are suggesting.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I expect Eifert to go to another team and never be injured again while Kroft goes down with an injury
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote

That makes a lot of sense, but I think another team will offer him something better in hopes that he's miraculously cured. Or perhaps he'll take a more modest deal with a better organization that ours. Basically, I don't see any scenario where he stays here.
Reply/Quote
When asked if Eifert was cleared Marvin replied, "Clear as glass."
Reply/Quote
It’s not Tyler Eifert’s receiving ability which concerns me after injury. It’s his blocking ability. Ever since Reggie Kelly the Cincinnati offense seems best with a tight end who blocks like a freight train.
Reply/Quote
I would bet my piggie bank eifert is hurt by training camp.
Reply/Quote
I'm all for offering Eifert a very heavy in Bengals favor performance laden contract, nothing more, you just can't.

But like a couple others have said I'll be pretty surprised if Eifert stays here !! He knows his NFL career most likely isn't going to be all that much longer and he'll probably also be thinking about going somewhere that he actually has a chance.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2018, 05:37 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: He will be signed by the Steelers or the Ravens, go on put up Gronk type numbers and never miss another game  Sarcasm

Signed for what? The guy can't stay healthy and has a lack of interest in even playing anymore. He'll get a very small guaranteed base, at best, and loaded up with incentives.Bengals can afford that even if they don't throw him the ball a ton of times. Run him with seam routes and you got the underneath routes now open for other WR's and opens up the running game....
Reply/Quote
I've heard players called "an injury waiting to happen" but talent or not he is the definition of this. You're asking the guy to go across the middle of the field and get hammered, in between blocking the machines that are today's DL. Even if they want to see it as signing another one of their guys, they have to see this when guaranteed money comes up in negotiations. There is no "best shape of my life" talk that can change his actual usage.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2018, 11:10 AM)higgy100 Wrote: Signed for what? The guy can't stay healthy and has a lack of interest in even playing anymore. He'll get a very small guaranteed base, at best, and loaded up with incentives.Bengals can afford that even if they don't throw him the ball a ton of times. Run him with seam routes and you got the underneath routes now open for other WR's and opens up the running game....
How do you know he has a lack of interest in playing anymore? I think a guy who works hard to get back into playing again shows a lot of interest.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2018, 01:58 PM)depthchart Wrote: Two consecutive seasons with back surgery.

I would turn the job over to Tyler Kroft and draft a young, healthy tight end before round 3 ends.

Maybe Mike Gesicki from Penn State in round 3.

* If little interest is shown for Eifert in Free Agency, then maybe bring him back on a cheap, prove your healthy deal.

Draft a Gesicki type young guy no matter if Eifert comes back cheaply or not.

If Eifert is coming back cheaply, then 31 other teams doubt his ability to stay healthy.

I think Kroft can be a really nice player for this team. Im done drafting tight ends high in the draft, it never seems to work out for us. 

Kroft had a nice little year last year. Move forward with him. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2018, 03:00 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Who's this Eifert person you all speak of?

I think his name is pronounced Eiff-Hurt. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2018, 12:35 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I think Kroft can be a really nice player for this team. Im done drafting tight ends high in the draft, it never seems to work out for us. 

Kroft had a nice little year last year. Move forward with him. 

I think that TEs like Eifert only come along so often and you have to take them in the 1st couple of rds in the draft. For whatever reason he has brittle back and we shouldn't fault anyone for that, it happens. As for Kroft, I know I was happy we took him, because I thought he could compliment Eifert pretty good. I think we could roll with him, but we have to get him involved more like we did with Eifert. Meaning he can't be option 3 or 4...
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2018, 09:59 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm all for offering Eifert a very heavy in Bengals favor performance laden contract, nothing more, you just can't.

But like a couple others have said I'll be pretty surprised if Eifert stays here !! He knows his NFL career most likely isn't going to be all that much longer and he'll probably also be thinking about going somewhere that he actually has a chance.

Yeah, I wager he'll take a small "prove it" contract with a higher tiered organization or a decent "hope you are magically back to 2015" contract with a lower end team just for the money.  The idea of someone taking a small contract to stay with the Bengals doesn't make much sense, but he might love it here for all I know.
Reply/Quote