Poll: Eifert available for postseason?
Yes
No
I have Fred on ignore so I can't read this
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eifert durability poll
If the Bengals make the playoffs this year will Eifert be available to play?
Reply/Quote
I want him to be fully healthy and play in every game but based on recent history I have to say no.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I have to say yes. All his injuries for the most part have been horrific freak injuries.

He has to have a year where the football Gods smile on him...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
We must accept finite disappointment, nut never lose infinite hope. ~MLK
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
Can we stop hedging his injury history with “freak” injuries? All injuries are freak injuries, no injuries are expected. Eifert isn’t the only player that has had a fractured leg/ankle from being tackled. He hurt his elbow being tackled, he hurt his ankle in the pro bowl being tackled, he hurt his back being tackled and he hurt his ankle again being tackled. The simple statement here is, Eifert gets hurt being tackled. I think his new role should be 3rd down and red zone only.
Reply/Quote
I voted yes, based on the premise that if the Bengals make the playoffs this season, Eifert will have to have been a big part of it.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Tyler Eifert is the Joe Btfsplk of the NFL. Bless his heart.
Reply/Quote
I think that Eifert will be on some serious snap counts this year. We may see some really oddball stuff where they'll wait until the game is on the line to dust off their "secret weapon." 
Reply/Quote
I voted yes but that's probably more hoping than believing. If anybody deserves better luck, it is him.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Let's see

2018 Bengals don't make the playoffs but Eifert wasn't available if they had.
2017 Bengals don't make the playoffs but Eifert wasn't available if they had.
2016 Bengals don't make the playoffs but Eifert wasn't available if they had.
2015 Bengals do make the playoffs and Eifert is available. He had 9 targets, 5 catches for 58 yards.
2014 Bengals do make the playoffs but Eifert wasn't available. He played in one game and was done for the year.
2013 Bengals do make the playoffs and Eifert is available. He had 1 target and 0 catches. Did you know that Dalton has never completed a pass to Eifert in the playoffs?

In 6 years Eifert has started 32 games (2 full years worth) and played in 43 games (less than half the games he was under contract for).

In 6 years Eifert has made 142 catches (24 per season on average) for 1,716 yards (286 per season average) with 21 TD (3.5 per season average).

His total salary in those 6 years was $17,788,001 (per Spotrac.com https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/tyler-eifert-12301/cash-earnings/ - doesn't include 2019 contract. So, that's $847,048 per TD.

He did score a TD at a rate of about 1 for every 2 games he played in.

So, I vote that it won't matter.

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 08:50 PM)McC Wrote: I voted yes but that's probably more hoping than believing.  If anybody deserves better luck, it is him.

Yep,

The guy has to catch a break sometime, doesn't he ? If I had to bet money I'd say no.
Reply/Quote
I voted yes. There are two IR return spots now.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 09:36 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep,

The guy has to catch a break sometime, doesn't he ? If I had to bet money I'd say no.

Gotta watch your phrasing, using words like break while talking about Eifert.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I saw a stat that Andy Dalton, AJ Green, and Tyler Eifert have only had 2 postseason snaps together.
That's throughout 3 playoff games since all three have been on the roster
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 05:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If the Bengals make the playoffs this year will Eifert be available to play?

anything and everything is possible.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 07:18 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I voted yes, based on the premise that if the Bengals make the playoffs this season, Eifert will have to have been a big part of it.

Yep I agree. Although he has struggled with injuries in the past, here's to hoping he can avoid injuries, or at least play through minor ones to get us a playoff victory.

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 07:18 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I voted yes, based on the premise that if the Bengals make the playoffs this season, Eifert will have to have been a big part of it.

LOL!  My thoughts exactly.  
Reply/Quote
Oh c'mon.. He'll never have another injury worse than a hangnail the rest of his playing days, but it'll be the worst hangnail in the history of the human race..a freak hangnail injury..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 05:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If the Bengals make the playoffs this year will Eifert be available to play?

A big if team making playoffs.

But, I will go on a limb and say if Eifert and Green stay healthy in 2019, then yes we have a shot to make the playoffs. But my qualifier is Eifert needs to be available all 16 games. and so does AD and AJ.

How can someone vote, I have Fred and ignore and won't see this poll, but then vote????? Get over yourself Fred, you have earned your many enemies. You proved a long time ago you think you are superior to others so embrace it, we have learned "you are a legend in your own mind"., but many still try and respect your posts.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I voted YES.

However, I would use Uzomah as the primary TE. Seeing how the Rams TEs usually block... I would use Eifert as a TE/WR in specific formations (less wear and tear)... kinda like how Jimmy Graham would be split out. This would give us a bad @$$ formation with either Green, Boyd, Eifert, & Ross (if he gets used properly) OR Green, Boyd, Eifert, & Uzomah (he has the hands). This would be one of the tougher skill groups in the league to cover.
Reply/Quote