Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eifert's Contract Details
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
Well I don't know. It's not "much", but it's still a lot for a player who can't seem to stay healthy.

There's no way we'll ever know, but who exactly are the Bengals bidding against with these contracts.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 01:24 PM)jj22 Wrote: Well I don't know. It's not "much", but it's still a lot for a player who can't seem to stay healthy.

There's no way we'll ever know, but who exactly are the Bengals bidding against with these contracts.

I agree. You'd have to think this is the last time we give him a contract like this if he gets injured this year. 
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 01:24 PM)jj22 Wrote: Well I don't know. It's not "much", but it's still a lot for a player who can't seem to stay healthy.

He is getting paid like a very low end starter. I know last year the Rams wanted him. My guess is if he get hurt again he will hang it up, just based on how his interview read.
Reply/Quote
I know a lot of people sit at the ready, just itching to complain. We're are in The Great Watchdog Society, after all, everyone on red alert--rar! rar!rar! rar!, chomping at the bit, eager to spring into attack.

I see nothing to complain about with this deal.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 01:58 PM)McC Wrote: I know a lot of people sit at the ready, just itching to complain.  We're are in The Great Watchdog Society, after all, everyone on red alert--rar! rar!rar! rar!, chomping at the bit, eager to spring into attack.

I see nothing to complain about with this deal.

Who complained in this thread? The numbers were finally released and I posted them.

Thanks for watching out for complainers though. We need someone to complain about complaining. It's a noble task.
Reply/Quote
This is a reasonable risk/reward contract. Team needs to protect Eifert by using him near the Red Zone. Eifert needs to make it through a season without major injury for his psyche. I hope he is successful.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 02:02 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Who complained in this thread? The numbers were finally released and I posted them.

Thanks for watching out for complainers though. We need someone to complain about complaining. It's a noble task.

It only started in post 2.  And it ain't over yet.  Guilty conscience?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
That's even less than I was expecting. Good job, Bengals.
Reply/Quote

Mike Brown debates with himself. Cheap arse Mike Brown versus "I'm not a cheap arse and I'm going to prove it" Mike Brown.

All joking aside, the team isn't bidding against anyone. Players want a premium to stay with or come to the Bengals. That's all this is.

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 02:13 PM)McC Wrote: It only started in post 2.  And it ain't over yet.  Guilty conscience?

I do think it's valid to wonder how many teams showed interest in Eifert.
Reply/Quote
Eifert would have gotten intrest in FA. I think he knows though the Bengals would have offered him the best 1 yr deal.
Reply/Quote
Anything besides total acceptance and celebration is viewed as complaining by some.

I'm glad society isn't an eco chamber here in America where one dare not as a question, or have a thought of their own.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 03:01 PM)jj22 Wrote: Anything besides total acceptance and celebration is viewed as complaining by some.

I'm glad society isn't an eco chamber here in America where one dare not as a question, or have a thought of their own.

The acceptance part is easy. The Bengals haven't asked my opinion on anything yet and I use the word yet losely. I have a nagging feeling they never will. Either accept or find another team to complain about.. 
Celebration on the other hand... Well, there hasn't been a hell of a lot to celebrate from the team stricken by miasma from the river over the past 29 years.
In case you're wondering miasma was the theory that smells in the air were the source of diseases so there it is.. The Bengals have suffered miasma ever since 1990..  ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 02:18 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Mike Brown debates with himself. Cheap arse Mike Brown versus "I'm not a cheap arse and I'm going to prove it" Mike Brown.

All joking aside, the team isn't bidding against anyone. Players want a premium to stay with or come to the Bengals. That's all this is.

4 million isn't that bad...  for his talent if healthy its low balling him.      Worth it to see.  Some year is gonna be the year he doesn't get a weird injury.
Reply/Quote
Pretty good deal for all involved. I hope he makes the full contract.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I see no reason to complain. I rather re-sign a injury prone player who can make impact plays for us in games, than perhaps, a lineman who shall not be named.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 03:12 PM)EastCoastBengal Wrote: I see no reason to complain. I rather resign a injury prone player who can make impact plays for us in games, than perhaps, a lineman who shall not be named.

Jacksonville took care of that for us...    Poor nick foles.
Reply/Quote
It's a smaller contract than he signed last year, and IMO he's not as big a question mark as he was heading in to last season. Sounds like a good deal to me.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/tyler-eifert-12301/
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 03:13 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Jacksonville took care of that for us...    Poor nick foles.

I would hate to have a Superbowl MVP QB on the Bengals. That would mean we were trying to win a playoff game.
Reply/Quote