Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eifert says he'll be back!
The only way I bring him back is vet minimum with a lot of incentive clauses.
Reply/Quote
Maybe he shouldn’t. I’d pass. Why spend all that practice time with a guy as the starter, to only have him play in a couple of games. Do we really want to have backup TE’s, however good Kroft and Uzo are, for 80% of the season, every year? I say look for one early next year, along with a RT.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2018, 10:07 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Maybe he shouldn’t. I’d pass. Why spend all that practice time with a guy as the starter, to only have him play in a couple of games. Do we really want to have backup TE’s, however good Kroft and Uzo are, for 80% of the season, every year? I say look for one early next year, along with a RT.

LB is a much bigger need early than TE, imo.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
As much as it pains me to say this hopefully not in stripes. Don't get me wrong I wish him luck on whatever he does but he's gotten injured way to may times and you're only fooling yourself if you think he'll play a full season of football again in his life.
Reply/Quote
It might honestly be better at this point to not have Eifert back. They went through the entire offseason giving him first team snaps, gameplanning around him, ignoring the TE position in the draft, etc... and then 3.5 games later he's gone. All that effort, planning, and practice pointless, leaving Dalton throwing to backups Uzomah and Kroft.

Almost better to just go get a new starter you can rely on for 12+ games a year even if he's a minor step down from Eifert talent-wise. I'll take 12-16 games of someone 95-90% as good as Eifert over 3 games of Eifert and 13 games of backups.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2018, 09:13 AM)Tomkat Wrote: Anyone know what the surgery involved?  Bones?  Ligaments?  Both?

(10-02-2018, 10:10 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Not 100% sure but heard a doctor quoted it was similar to the Odell Beckam injury last year.  According to the doctor it is an injury you can come back from.  But who really knows, I'm sure all injuries are unique in their own way.

(10-02-2018, 06:58 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: Stuff heals stronger than it was before it was broken. Maybe he'll eventually be super-durable.

People used to say Matt Stafford was made of glass. He got past it.

Professional non ortho trained opinion....

after finally being able to watch the game yesterday,  Eifert has a fracture dislocation of his ankle.  judging by the way his ankle remained deformed he has major disruption of his ligament structure of the ankle, the fracture portion is, relatively speaking, the trivial part.  Like Boomer stated, sometime bones heal back stronger.....but ligaments, unless they are replaced,....NEVER do.   Unlike knee's there really isn't a way to "replace" an ankle ligment, cadaver or bovine prosthetics don't apply.  Ligaments must be rearranged, usually by sacrificing a local tendon. (btw, ligaments attach bone to bone, tendons muscle to bone)
Beckham had little ligament damage...his was more of a bone injury, thus can heal back close to 100%.

Unlike knees which have a mechanism designed to bend in only on plane--flexing and extending. surgery can stiffen the collateral ligaments without replacing them so they will have a minimum of laxity. Ankle are designed to bend in two planes--flex/extend and evert/invert. If you stiffen the lateral ligaments there will a limitation of his range of motion...He will be running on a clay foot.

Tyler's ankle will never be 100%, and considering the strains imposed by a professional athlete, esp one that has he strains of pivoting and cutting and being twisted  in a pile up or tackle.....His best option is to call it a career.
Reply/Quote
The various football websites are still saying his season is LIKELY over.. Never let it be said they're making a  strong statement there.. Kind of like saying the ocean will likely be wet..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote