Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eifert shaken up
Apparently he is in a boot...

Yikes.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
How did he get injured in a game when defensive players were lining up on offense and there was not much real tackling? I'm concerned about his durability.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2016, 10:09 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: How did he get injured in a game when defensive players were lining up on offense and there was not much real tackling? I'm concerned about his durability.

He was trying to make a catch in the endzone and tripped while trying to catch it.. (Catch was called incomplete).
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2016, 10:16 AM)milksheikh Wrote: He was trying to make a catch in the endzone and tripped while trying to catch it.. (Catch was called incomplete).

Oh OK.  Didn't watch.  At least he has plenty of time to heal.  
Reply/Quote
When it comes to falling dude is just clumsy. When I was a kid I did a lot of "extreme sports" (back then it was just called "bmx" and "skating") and you had to know how to fall otherwise you would kill yourself. Eifert hasn't mastered the art of bailing.

Reply/Quote
with Notre Dame..

2009 had a back injury and missed virtually entire year
2010, 2011, 2012...i don't see any injury related history

I could see nothing in his draft profile of mentioning lack of durabilty.

I'm not that worried. Will be back 100 percent next year.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2016, 10:20 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: When it comes to falling dude is just clumsy. When I was a kid I did a lot of "extreme sports" (back then it was just called "bmx" and "skating") and you had to know how to fall otherwise you would kill yourself. Eifert hasn't mastered the art of bailing.

This is a bit different. The ball placement while trying to catch dictates how you are going to hit the ground.
Reply/Quote
We just can't catch a break (maybe a poor choice of words given the circumstances).

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2016, 01:03 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Best watch out, Shake is gonna come after you.....

Na, I mainly tend to "come after" folks who exaggerate Eifert's injuries, downplay injuries of other TEs, and act as if the best season by a TE in Bengals history wasn't anything special.

As for the pro bowl, I only care if it leads to Eifert missing games and I seriously doubt this will.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Btw, the boot was precautionary and initial tests came back negative. He's fine.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2016, 10:20 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: When it comes to falling dude is just clumsy. When I was a kid I did a lot of "extreme sports" (back then it was just called "bmx" and "skating") and you had to know how to fall otherwise you would kill yourself. Eifert hasn't mastered the art of bailing.

On a non-musical note, this specific injury doesn't worry me, but we're starting to see more evidence that we should expect further incidents.
Reply/Quote
Eifert is just an injury waiting to happen, hope it's not too serious.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2016, 03:49 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: shouldn't.

Fluke elbow injury.
Dirty cheap shot from the biggest ***** in the league.

Not exactly things that line themselves up as repeat offenders.

If he kept tearing his ACL or injuring the same thing, I would worry

Same here, Burfict's injury past concerns me more than Eifert's.

Cause he had multiple concussions.

But he has seemed to have learned from them, knock on wood.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2016, 02:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Same here, Burfict's injury past concerns me more than Eifert's.

Cause he had multiple concussions.

But he has seemed to have learned from them, knock on wood.

i really think it was one lingering concussion... he just kept trying to return from too soon then tore up his knee.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2016, 02:27 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: i really think it was one lingering concussion...  he just kept trying to return from too soon then tore up his knee.

That's probably worse. 
Reply/Quote
I think Bret Favre's record is safe from Tyler
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
All TE's miss time. Isn't that our excuse?

He has only missed some games, at least he hasn't killed some one and ended up in prison like another promising TE! Ninja
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2016, 06:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think Bret Favre's record is safe from Tyler

True, but Bob Sanders' record might be in jeopardy! Ninja Ninja Ninja
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2016, 06:49 PM)Nately120 Wrote: True, but Bob Sanders' record might be in jeopardy! Ninja Ninja Ninja

The magic number is 6 missed in 2016 to tie, 7 to surpass.

Hopefully he played 16 and tears it up on the field. Puts some concerns at least a little bit to rest.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2016, 06:55 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: The magic number is 6 missed in 2016 to tie, 7 to surpass.

Hopefully he played 16 and tears it up on the field. Puts some concerns at least a little bit to rest.

He should be safe as long as no dirty Steelers are headhunting him...or he's not playing in a game where defenders aren't even hitting players.  Hmm...
Reply/Quote