Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eifert will never play in the Pro Bowl again
Eifert met with the media today:

per Coley Harvey:

Bengals TE Tyler Eifert says he's not going to play in the Pro Bowl again if he's selected after hurting his ankle in the game. It could cost him a game or two this season. He's still hopeful he'll be healthy by Week 1. His boot will come off next week.

Smart Man....I wish they would do away with it all together!
[Image: predator_zps2bkpnoe5.jpg]
Reply/Quote
If he proves to remain this fragile, he most likely won't have to worry about declining.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
No Bengal should play in the pro bowl again. I don't think we should play starters in the preseason game @ Detroit this year either.... Kijana and Kenny Irons agree.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2016, 01:07 PM)jason Wrote: No Bengal should play in the pro bowl again. I don't think we should play starters in the preseason game @ Detroit this year either.... Kijana and Kenny Irons agree.

Man I really thought Irons could have been a really great RB for us. 
Reply/Quote
The game needs to be done away with, and should have been years ago. There is no safe way players can play this game. Different from other showcases, there is no way to run or tackle someone at half speed. In fact, I think players are probably more likely to get injured in trying to go through the motions so to speak.

It would be one thing if it was a huge ratings draw that NFL fans loved to see. But it's not. No one cares anymore. Nobody watches, the outcome is meaningless, and more and more players each year are passing on the opportunity to play in it. It far from the very best of the game.

Have some sort of All Conference selection to acknowledge the players like you do now, just without the game itself. Turn the weekend into some sort of fan fest with a bunch of safer, more entertaining competitions.

I've long said I would love to see something that resembles a mish-mash of skill challenges and events. Arm wrestling, tug of war, poker game, some sort of talent competition, relay race, bowling etc. Take your pick. Fun events that showcases a lot of the different personalities in the game. Think something similar to Battle of the Network Stars would work too.

I would be much likely to watch a poker game with 8 NFL coaches than the Pro Bowl. I would rather see Dez Bryant bowl than see him playing in the Pro-Bowl I would love to watch something like Geno Atkins vs Suh in some sort of weight lifting competition. Make it where each event has a donation to the winners charity of choice.

The Pro Bowl sucks. Nothing about it is fun. No one cares. Get rid of it.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2016, 02:40 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: The game needs to be done away with, and should have been years ago.  There is no safe way players can play this game.  Different from other showcases, there is no way to run or tackle someone at half speed.  In fact, I think players are probably more likely to get injured in trying to go through the motions so to speak.

It would be one thing if it was a huge ratings draw that NFL fans loved to see.  But it's not.  No one cares anymore.  Nobody watches, the outcome is meaningless, and more and more players each year are passing on the opportunity to play in it.  It far from the very best of the game.

Have some sort of All Conference selection to acknowledge the players like you do now, just without the game itself.  Turn the weekend into some sort of fan fest with a bunch of safer, more entertaining competitions.

I've long said I would love to see something that resembles a mish-mash of skill challenges and events.  Arm wrestling, tug of war, poker game, some sort of talent competition, relay race, bowling etc.  Take your pick.  Fun events that showcases a lot of the different personalities in the game.  Think something similar to Battle of the Network Stars would work too.

I would be much likely to watch a poker game with 8 NFL coaches than the Pro Bowl.  I would rather see Dez Bryant bowl than see him playing in the Pro-Bowl  I would love to watch something like Geno Atkins vs Suh in some sort of weight lifting competition.  Make it where each event has a donation to the winners charity of choice.

The Pro Bowl sucks.  Nothing about it is fun.  No one cares.  Get rid of it.
They've had skill competitions before at the pro bowl. I remember very specifically Chad tearing it up and it was very entertaining to watch. 
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2016, 01:56 PM)treee Wrote: Man I really thought Irons could have been a really great RB for us. 

I still don't understand what the hell happened to him.  And I've never gotten anything close to an answer either.

It's not like he tore his ACL in 1948.  It was 2007.  A young guy his age should have been able to come back from that.  And even if it was just that bad, it still makes little sense to me that he was never heard from again.  It's one thing to give it a go and just never come back to form.  But it's another thing entirely to disappear forever.

He didn't even make in to camp the following year.  How bad does a knee injury have to be to not even given a 21 year old 2nd round pick a camp spot?  How does he not get a work out with someone down the line?  In season, the following season, the season after that...  At some point you would have thought you would have heard something.  "Kenny Irons stages comeback"  "Kenny Irons resurfaces in CFL"  "Kenny Irons worked out by Redskins"...  Something.

It's like he fell off the face of the map.  I felt there were little updates on his rehabilitation, and then he was just waived ASAP, never to be heard from again.  Did he tear his knee or did fall on a land mine?
Reply/Quote
Good for Eifert.  I agree with everyone else in here, the Pro Bowl sucks and needs to be done away with.  I wish they would go back to the games of the 70's and 80's.  Who's the fastest man in the NFL?  Who's the strongest man in the NFL?  etc.  Have the QB's throw bombs down the sideline in shorty short gym shorts.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(07-29-2016, 02:49 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I still don't understand what the hell happened to him.  And I've never gotten anything close to an answer either.

It's not like he tore his ACL in 1948.  It was 2007.  A young guy his age should have been able to come back from that.  And even if it was just that bad, it still makes little sense to me that he was never heard from again.  It's one thing to give it a go and just never come back to form.  But it's another thing entirely to disappear forever.

He didn't even make in to camp the following year.  How bad does a knee injury have to be to not even given a 21 year old 2nd round pick a camp spot?  How does he not get a work out with someone down the line?  In season, the following season, the season after that...  At some point you would have thought you would have heard something.  "Kenny Irons stages comeback"  "Kenny Irons resurfaces in CFL"  "Kenny Irons worked out by Redskins"...  Something.

It's like he fell off the face of the map.  I felt there were little updates on his rehabilitation, and then he was just waived ASAP, never to be heard from again.  Did he tear his knee or did fall on a land mine?

Quote:By GEOFF HOBSON

August 4, 2008

Posted: 1:50 p.m.
The Bengals officially severed ties with running back Kenny Irons on Monday when they waived him off injured reserve. Irons has had complications stemming from reconstructive knee surgey with his Bengals career consisting of just preseason carries before he tore his anterior cruciate ligament.

I think this was actually the second time they waived him. The knee must have been pretty screwed, because I remember his rehab going slowly and he could never pass the physical.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2016, 02:56 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I think this was actually the second time they waived him. The knee must have been pretty screwed, because I remember his rehab going slowly and he could never pass the physical.
I met Marvin at a charity event years ago. I spoke with him for a few minutes and asked him about him. He said there was an abnormal amount of scar tissue. So much that it was hindering his ability to move it.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2016, 02:40 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: The game needs to be done away with, and should have been years ago.  There is no safe way players can play this game.  Different from other showcases, there is no way to run or tackle someone at half speed.  In fact, I think players are probably more likely to get injured in trying to go through the motions so to speak.

It would be one thing if it was a huge ratings draw that NFL fans loved to see.  But it's not.  No one cares anymore.  Nobody watches, the outcome is meaningless, and more and more players each year are passing on the opportunity to play in it.  It far from the very best of the game.

Have some sort of All Conference selection to acknowledge the players like you do now, just without the game itself.  Turn the weekend into some sort of fan fest with a bunch of safer, more entertaining competitions.

I've long said I would love to see something that resembles a mish-mash of skill challenges and events.  Arm wrestling, tug of war, poker game, some sort of talent competition, relay race, bowling etc.  Take your pick.  Fun events that showcases a lot of the different personalities in the game.  Think something similar to Battle of the Network Stars would work too.

I would be much likely to watch a poker game with 8 NFL coaches than the Pro Bowl.  I would rather see Dez Bryant bowl than see him playing in the Pro-Bowl  I would love to watch something like Geno Atkins vs Suh in some sort of weight lifting competition.  Make it where each event has a donation to the winners charity of choice.

The Pro Bowl sucks.  Nothing about it is fun.  No one cares.  Get rid of it.

They already do that, it's called the NFL All-Pro team.  Being named to the All-Pro is way more prestigious than being selected to the Pro-Bowl, which is just a popularity contest.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
So if he got hurt during OTAs would we be saying get rid of the OTAs? I agree that the NFL(and all sports should get rid of the all star game premise because no one cares about the actual game) but to end the game because of one injury is silly. Guys work out harder and put more stress on their bodies in the offseason then they do in the Pro Bowl.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2016, 03:59 PM)J24 Wrote: So if he got hurt during OTAs would we be saying get rid of the OTAs?

No, because there is a need for OTA's.  There's a need for camp.  There is some need for the Preseason.  You can argue the actual amount of need in each, but not the need itself.  There is absolute no need for the Pro-Bowl.  It's entirely meaningless. 

I don't know one single person in real life that has even mentioned looking forward to it in the last 10 years.  Not a one.  Nobody cares, and once you're down to the 15th and 16th best QB's filling in as alternates then any meaning left is lost.  It's not even an All-Star game at that point.  Might as well have Joque Bell at RB, and Cecil Shorts at WR. 

No way to sum it up other than that's become stupid and unnecessary.  It generates next nothing in dollars or excitement.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2016, 02:49 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I still don't understand what the hell happened to him.  And I've never gotten anything close to an answer either.

(07-29-2016, 02:56 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I think this was actually the second time they waived him. The knee must have been pretty screwed, because I remember his rehab going slowly and he could never pass the physical.

(07-29-2016, 03:45 PM)jason Wrote: I met Marvin at a charity event years ago. I spoke with him for a few minutes and asked him about him. He said there was an abnormal amount of scar tissue. So much that it was hindering his ability to move it.

I'm pretty sure after he was cut, that he tried out for the UFL. He wasn't signed and that was the last we heard of him for a while. I believe he runs some athlete training center in Atlanta.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2016, 04:35 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I'm pretty sure after he was cut, that he tried out for the UFL. He wasn't signed and that was the last we heard of him for a while. I believe he runs some athlete training center in Atlanta.

The talk about Irons made me remember this... LOL

Reply/Quote
(07-29-2016, 04:05 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: No, because there is a need for OTA's.  There's a need for camp.  There is some need for the Preseason.  You can argue the actual amount of need in each, but not the need itself.  There is absolute no need for the Pro-Bowl.  It's entirely meaningless. 

I don't know one single person in real life that has even mentioned looking forward to it in the last 10 years.  Not a one.  Nobody cares, and once you're down to the 15th and 16th best QB's filling in as alternates then any meaning left is lost.  It's not even an All-Star game at that point.  Might as well have Joque Bell at RB, and Cecil Shorts at WR. 

No way to sum it up other than that's become stupid and unnecessary.  It generates next nothing in dollars or excitement.

While no one is arguing the point of the Pro Bowl; I do understand what J24 is saying. I mean we're not talking about Brett Favre here.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I heard after hurting himself in the offseason/regular season seemingly every year, he's also choosing not to participate in those either. Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2016, 03:59 PM)J24 Wrote: So if he got hurt during OTAs would we be saying get rid of the OTAs? I agree that the NFL(and all sports should get rid of the all star game premise because no one cares about the actual game) but to end the game because of one injury is silly. Guys work out harder and put more stress on their bodies in the offseason then they do in the Pro Bowl.

without taking sides here, these two do not correlate
Reply/Quote
As long as he continues to be ProBowl worthy player ? Will be very happy to watch him sit out.

Have not watched the game in years anyway.

Would have rather heard him say he planned to be still playing post season ball and not available from now on anyway.

Right now just need him to stay healthy though.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Do away with the ProBowl. Instead, have passing, kicking, running, etc. contests like the Superstars used to do in the 70's.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote