Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eifert
Gresham 1 catch for 4 yards on 1 Target. Well how about that?...lol.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 09:45 PM)EatonFan Wrote: What is the Bengal's record for TDs and receptions in a season for a TE? Because I think they'll both fall this year if he stays healthy.

For TDs it looks like a tie at 9 between Trumpy (1969) and Holman (1989). For receptions, it's Ross' 71 in 1981.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
By the way ALL QBs need a reliable safety valve for a pro offense to function properly. This is just the first time in a long time we have had one.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 09:38 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: Wow, I didn't know Gresham's mom was here on the boards!  I knew it was an exaggeration , but it seemed like he made a costly mistake whenever we could at least afford it. BTW: I started the thread so I will say what I want.  So YOU shut up if you don't like it .

I couldn't give two shits about Gresh, but not only do you get the facts that 90% of our fanbase got wrong, you couldn't even say 2 good things about Eifert, without bashing a guy who's not even on our team.

Let me guess; you think Andy lacks arm strength, Whitworth can't handle speed rushers and Bodine can't snap in the regular season, right? Rolleyes

"Its my thread, so I can do what I want!" No, 15 year old, this is the internet; ANYONE can do what they want anywhere, at any time.

Anyways, let's leave it at that, our argument has run it's course.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Eifert is the man, great game ! Sure looks like he's gonna be a great one. 

Where's that guy that was on here a couple weeks ago claiming he was a chump ?

Oh and by the way, I agree with the guys saying there's no need to bash Gresham here. He's gone, let it go !
Reply/Quote
I loved Dalton's comment about Eifert, when he said he's just ... "too big," meaning I think, too big for the guys trying to cover him. But he's a lot more than just big. He is that, but he is also athletic, fast, has great hands, and knows how to play position like a great rebounder.

Theres just a lot to like there, and it's just going to get better. And if they devote too much to stopping him, we've got a lot of other ways to put a hurt on defenses.
Reply/Quote
As long as he keeps wearing his robo arm so he doesn't break he is going to be super good. I think he has the best hands on the team by far (AJ aint helping the argument for himself).
Reply/Quote
I just hope Dalton doesn't start to just throw it up all the time. He tends to get too comfortable with it at certain times.

Reply/Quote
Wow he looked so good.

If we stay healthy then we are a contender. Too much firepower on offense to not be in the mix .
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 09:18 PM)Beaker Wrote: The gaps in the raiders D didnt hurt either.
Just about every defense has gaps that can be exposed, but you just have to find them, especially if you have a back like Hill that causes the d to load the box and a receiver like AJ because then the D has to get out in the passing lanes to him with a safety over the top.

It leaves the middle wide open and it's impossible to cover a good receiver because he can go inside, outside, deep, short, etc.. 
(09-13-2015, 09:34 PM)Beaker Wrote: That seam route has killed the Bengals for years. I am glad we can finally do it to other teams!
Yep!  Anyone who knows me knows that I've been preaching that since we drafted Grresham, so I was in HEAVEN last night!

It was absolutely BEAUTIFUL to watch because the D had no way to stop it! 
(09-13-2015, 09:47 PM)corpjet Wrote: He's the safety valve Andy needs, look forward to a big year from him!

Would also love to see Tyler Kroft get more comfortable every week as start getting some targets.
Safety valve?  Eifert looks like he'll be Andy's #2 target and some games might even be the #1 target.

I do agree that it looks like he'll be reliable to beg open on any play, especially if the play breaks down and Andy needs to get rid of the ball. 
(09-13-2015, 10:23 PM)Joelist Wrote: By the way ALL QBs need a reliable safety valve for a pro offense to function properly. This is just the first time in a long time we have had one.

Like I said, I think Eifert will take this offense to another level because he makes the defense cover so much more of the field, but I wouldn't call him a safety valve.
Reply/Quote
I have never seen the Bengals use the seams so well.

Every year we'd see teams go up the seam against us and we'd never do it back, and it was so irritating.

But this year, with Eifert as our starter, it looks like he has the perfect size/speed combo to get us those 20-30 yard receptions right down the middle of the field.

It's good to see that some TC and preseason hype may be real this season.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 08:56 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Gresham averaged LESS than a FS every 4 games.

Seriously; you can't expand upon the fantastic game today by Eifert and instead you bash a former player that you lie about?

Shut up.

Yeah!  Gresh killed it yesterday!    1 catch, 4 yards...I do miss that

No word on false starts, drops, holds, fumbles, media issues, or the like.

He might have been exaggerating his penalties, but I think the tone is how refreshing it is to have a reliable TE that is proving his worth as a first round talent. 

Now, let's start spreading the wealth and get Kroft involved.  Give defenses one more thing to worry about.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 09:17 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: Eifert is a mismatch nightmare.  He is going to open things up so much for AJ and MLJ.

This.

Synergy.

Focus on one guy, the rest will eat you up. 
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 09:18 PM)Beaker Wrote: The gaps in the raiders D didnt hurt either.

True, but a 20 point margin of victory on the road in week 1 is still a very, very impressive start.  And it could have just as easy been 30 points. 
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 08:54 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Yeah!  Gresh killed it yesterday!    1 catch, 4 yards...I do miss that

No word on false starts, drops, holds, fumbles, media issues, or the like.

He might have been exaggerating his penalties, but I think the tone is how refreshing it is to have a reliable TE that is proving his worth as a first round talent. 

Now, let's start spreading the wealth and get Kroft involved.  Give defenses one more thing to worry about.

Did Kroft even see the field before the starters went out?  I remember seeing Hewitt at tight end and in the slot and being like "what the hell are we thinking?  We used a third rounder on Kroft, so put him in and abuse the defense."
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 10:23 PM)Joelist Wrote: By the way ALL QBs need a reliable safety valve for a pro offense to function properly. This is just the first time in a long time we have had one.

Not since Housh.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Eifert was as advertised, fantastic!

I am not sure the Bengals had 1 false start the entire game, on the road!
Reply/Quote
It was awesome to see Eifert out there playing like that and being used the way he was. He makes this offense so much better and this is going to be a fun season with him in there.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
they missed him and Marvin a lot last year..

It was also good to see Sanu back to catching passes instead of dropping.
Reply/Quote
Eifert looked grand and he's my fantasy TE so that helped me ramble to a huge win (it's all about me, folks) but Gresham's 2 TE-set blocking in the Cardinals game actually helped them get the most out of their other TE to the tune of the most productive day from a Cardinals TE since the late 80s. I'm not saying I'd replace Eifert with Gresham by any stretch, but I don't see why we're so convinced we couldn't have both out there.

Meh, anywho Eifert rocks and his play makes my wee-wee hard! I'd get an Eifert jersey were I not allergic to high prices as well as a curse to the players whose jerseys I buy.
Reply/Quote