Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eiftert Tower?
Am I the only one making the connection between our towering 6'6" stud TE Tyler Eifert and the Eiffel tower? I mean, it's just kinda staring everyone in the face but I have yet to hear anyone refer to Tyler as The Eifert Tower. In Geoff Hobson's latest article he throws out "Zonk" as an answer to New England's Gronk?...please no, don't let that stick.

Maybe I have horrible taste in nicknames, but I think The Eifert Tower is kind of a cool nickname. Burn me if you feel the need, it's just my $0.02.
Reply/Quote
Here's your $ 0.02 back...

What's up with nicknames?

He's the real TE (Tyler Eifert). Everyone else is just pretending to be one.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 01:11 PM)EatonFan Wrote: Here's your $ 0.02 back...  

What's up with nicknames?

He's the real TE (Tyler Eifert).  Everyone else is just pretending to be one.

That's actually pretty good. I dig it. And I'm not a big supporter of nicknames myself, I just read Hobson's article and felt the need to get something out there before something like "Zonk" became a thing.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 01:13 PM)tenacious-B Wrote: That's actually pretty good. I dig it. And I'm not a big supporter of nicknames myself, I just read Hobson's article and felt the need to get something out there before something like "Zonk" became a thing.

The Tyler Towers..... cause you know eifert and kroft
Reply/Quote
Why on earth would Hobson refer to him as "Zonk"?? I'm happy this board is no longer on the homepage, that way I don't even have to scan through his articles on the way to the boards...
Reply/Quote
The Eifert Tower is actually one of my fantasy team names. The others,

The Burfict Storm
The grass is AJ Greener
The Geno Atkins Diet

I think I have a football problem.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 02:20 PM)car91 Wrote: The Eifert Tower is actually one of my fantasy team names. The others,

The Burfict Storm
The grass is AJ Greener
The Geno Atkins Diet

I think I have a football problem.

just a pun problem
Reply/Quote
I made the connection once before, just thought it sounded kinda corny.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Anything is better than Zonk my friends.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 03:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Anything is better than Zonk my friends.

That is true though, isn't a Zonk what you get when you lose on 'Lets Make A Deal'?
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 03:58 PM)SB50Champs Wrote: That is true though, isn't a Zonk what you get when you lose on 'Lets Make A Deal'?

When you get hit hard enough to go to sleep i believe.
Reply/Quote
'zonk' is terrible. Why would anyone wanna have a nickname playing off another's nickname?

the Eifert Tower is good and it makes sense. Not that I even care about nicknames.

Why 'Zonk' and not 'Tonk' though? At least the 'T' makes sense, for 'T'yler.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
Ehh..not a fan of cutesy nicknames. Much to my shame I read Hobson every day and the longer I read him the more I think he should be writing for the society page reporting on teenage girl fashion trends.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 09:07 PM)grampahol Wrote: Ehh..not a fan of cutesy nicknames. Much to my shame I read Hobson every day and the longer I read him the more I think he should be writing for the society page reporting on teenage girl fashion trends.

Ouch! Feel the burn, Geoff!

I've actually been reading him almost everyday (at least during the season) since around '99 and he can be a bit dramatic at times, but overall I think he's pretty good. 
Reply/Quote
Eifert Tower is the name of my fantasy football team and has been since week one Big Grin
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
I would vote for Eifert Tower
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 03:58 PM)SB50Champs Wrote: That is true though, isn't a Zonk what you get when you lose on 'Lets Make A Deal'?

I think you are right, only seen that weird ass show a couple times though changing the channels.

(10-15-2015, 04:38 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: When you get hit hard enough to go to sleep i believe.

Can Hobspin find a worse nickname?
(10-15-2015, 08:32 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: 'zonk' is terrible. Why would anyone wanna have a nickname playing off another's nickname?

the Eifert Tower is good and it makes sense. Not that I even care about nicknames.

Why 'Zonk' and not 'Tonk' though? At least the 'T' makes sense, for 'T'yler.

Its all bad, nicknames.

But if i had to vote for the ones listed so far i could go with The Eifert Tower.
Reply/Quote
I'm going to start referring to Eifert as "Zonk" just because of how hilariously awful that is. Seriously, that's probably the worst nickname I've ever heard in my life.
Reply/Quote
Hobson is so corny. "The Ocho" days are proof of this.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2015, 11:53 AM)djs7685 Wrote: I'm going to start referring to Eifert as "Zonk" just because of how hilariously awful that is. Seriously, that's probably the worst nickname I've ever heard in my life.

(10-16-2015, 11:53 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Hobson is so corny. "The Ocho" days are proof of this.

lmao
Reply/Quote