Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eight Years Of..
(10-21-2020, 10:51 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Oh, I don't doubt the Hunter Biden email thing is most likely much ado about nothing.

But you can clearly see the media bias in play here. Every little story from "anonymous sources" about Trump were taken at face value and everyone lamented how horrible Trump was. Here we have a story similar to some that were reported about Trump. NOW, everyone's suspicious that this is just made up or that there's nothing to this.  Whatever

I just want consistency. I know I won't get it when it comes to politics but that doesn't mean I still can't lament the disparity.

I can't quite disagree on that one. There is media bias and it surely is very much in play in many instances.

Just want to add that of course FOX et al. are part of the media too, and their bias is enormous. As evidenced by thousands of stories akin to "release the memo" or whatnot, all reported without any reflection or fact-checking. This is how american media works, and the biggest culprits are not in the liberal camp. Which is not an excuse for many instances where indeed quite unverified Trump stories were thrown out in search of the next sensation.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 11:44 AM)hollodero Wrote: I can't quite disagree on that one. There is media bias and it surely is very much in play in many instances.

Just want to add that of course FOX et al. are part of the media too, and their bias is enormous. As evidenced by thousands of stories akin to "release the memo" or whatnot, all reported without any reflection or fact-checking. This is how american media works, and the biggest culprits are not in the liberal camp. Which is not an excuse for many instances where indeed quite unverified Trump stories were thrown out in search of the next sensation.

No doubt Fox is biased but at least they provide a counter to the left leaning biases of most other major media outlets. It's probably why they're also the largest (either that or America is vastly conservative much to fred's chagrin, I'm sure Smirk)
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 11:44 AM)hollodero Wrote: I can't quite disagree on that one. There is media bias and it surely is very much in play in many instances.

Say what?

Huge majority of MSN, Facebook, Twitter, ABC, NBC, CBS, NPR, PBS.  Just to name a few.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 11:41 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I'm saying that is how life will be reported by liberals and especially the MSM.  Everything will be perfect and every dem and dem decision will be reported as perfect.

So don't watch it?  
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 11:46 AM)PhilHos Wrote: No doubt Fox is biased but at least they provide a counter to the left leaning biases of most other major media outlets. It's probably why they're also the largest (either that or America is vastly conservative much to fred's chagrin, I'm sure Smirk)

Of the major ones, they're also the most extreme. And imho it's not close.

(10-21-2020, 11:47 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Say what?

Huge majority of MSN, Facebook, Twitter, ABC, NBC, CBS, NPR, PBS.  Just to name a few.

I said the biggest culprit, and I stand by my observation that no other major media outlet is so severely engaging in pure propaganda than the FOX news channel. One can say about Maddow or whomever quite a lot of things, but nothing comes even close to one hour of Hannity or Jeanine or whatever Trump love fest there.

As for facebook and twitter, this gets so overblown. Facebook doesn't do much of anything and it appears the most viewed pages are right leaning ones. But hey I am not even argueing that there isn't much liberal leaning or biased content, especially when being distinctly anti-Trump gets (imho sometimes incorrectly) perceived as such.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 11:46 AM)PhilHos Wrote: No doubt Fox is biased but at least they provide a counter to the left leaning biases of most other major media outlets. It's probably why they're also the largest (either that or America is vastly conservative much to fred's chagrin, I'm sure Smirk)

CNN never had a huge left-leaning bias until Trump became President.  That job belonged to MSNBC.

Foxnews was created as a propaganda machine for the right at a time when there was not a huge left-wing bias in the media.  Foxnews worked hard to create the appearance of a left leaning bias in order top market themselves.

The "bias" is mostly based on perception.  Conservatives view the right-wing propaganda from Foxnews as being "fair and balanced" while anything that is truly "fair and balanced" is considered "left-leaning".  You see the same thing with Christians in the United States.  If all religions or non-religious beliefs are treated equally then Christians claim they are "under attack" or victims of discrimination.  The only thing they consider "fair" is if they are treated better than other religions or non-religious believers.    
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 11:41 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I'm saying that is how life will be reported by liberals and especially the MSM.  Everything will be perfect and every dem and dem decision will be reported as perfect.

https://www.adfontesmedia.com/interactive-media-bias-chart-2/

A big chunk of MSM falls on the right. 30 years ago, sure, it was Fox News versus the world, but that's just not true any more. The 'we're underrepresented in the media, so it's OK if our sources are often factually incorrect' is ... well, factually incorrect. 
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 11:38 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: No, i'm saying it will be a fake thing.  The parent giving into the child having a tantrum.  The child being liberal academia, Hollywood, dems, MSM, etc.

But isn't the ultimate end goal for Antifa/BLM to live in peace with cops? I mean, to an extent at least? No one wants rioting and tension between the police and protestors. Resolving that issue would be a huge accomplishment for Biden and if it does occur when he's elected, wouldn't that be a good thing?
Reply/Quote
Also if Twitter is so unfair to Trump why does he being them so much traffic?
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 12:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: CNN never had a huge left-leaning bias until Trump became President.  That job belonged to MSNBC.

Technically, during the campaign, but yes. Now both of them have huge left-leaning biases.

(10-21-2020, 12:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Foxnews was created as a propaganda machine for the right at a time when there was not a huge left-wing bias in the media.  Foxnews worked hard to create the appearance of a left leaning bias in order top market themselves.

This is just false. There has always been a media bias in this country since its founding. Fox News didn't do anything but show what was already there. 
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 12:22 PM)PhilHos Wrote: This is just false. There has always been a media bias in this country since its founding. Fox News didn't do anything but show what was already there. 

Wrong.  The media supported segregation until the civil rights movement.  The media supported the War in Vietnam until it turned into a disaster.  CNN supported the invasion of Iraq. 

The right has always seen giving equal coverage to both sides as being "biased against the right".  Rupert Murdoch played on that to market his right-wing propaganda machine.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 12:02 PM)hollodero Wrote: Of the major ones, they're also the most extreme. And imho it's not close.

I said the biggest culprit, and I stand by my observation that no other major media outlet is so severely engaging in pure propaganda than the FOX news channel. One can say about Maddow or whomever quite a lot of things, but nothing comes even close to one hour of Hannity or Jeanine or whatever Trump love fest there.

As for facebook and twitter, this gets so overblown. Facebook doesn't do much of anything and it appears the most viewed pages are right leaning ones. But hey I am not even argueing that there isn't much liberal leaning or biased content, especially when being distinctly anti-Trump gets (imho sometimes incorrectly) perceived as such.

Ya, I'm definitely going to have to disagree on that one.  Stelter, Cuomo, Lemon, Mika and Joe.  No way Fox is crazier and it's not even close.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 12:11 PM)Benton Wrote: https://www.adfontesmedia.com/interactive-media-bias-chart-2/

A big chunk of MSM falls on the right. 30 years ago, sure, it was Fox News versus the world, but that's just not true any more. The 'we're underrepresented in the media, so it's OK if our sources are often factually incorrect' is ... well, factually incorrect. 

Glancing at that chart it appears at least double or more outlets skew left.

Plus, practically every MAJOR news outlet skews left.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 12:45 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote:   No way Fox is crazier and it's not even close.

According to the chart FoxNews is much less reliable and much more biased than CNN.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 12:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: According to the chart FoxNews is much less reliable and much more biased than CNN.

Sorry, going to have to believe what I actually see and hear over a chart.  CNN alone has plenty of bat shit crazy going on.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 12:50 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Glancing at that chart it appears at least double or more outlets skew left.

(10-21-2020, 01:00 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Sorry, going to have to believe what I actually see and hear over a chart.  CNN alone has plenty of bat shit crazy going on.

Make up your mind.

You can't just believe the stuff that supports your opinion and reject the part that does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 01:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Make up your mind.

You can't just believe the stuff that supports your opinion and reject the part that does not.

Why not?   Ninja
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 10:32 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: If the dems win all 3 it is going to be hilarious to watch the world instantly turn into rainbows, unicorns and cute puppies.  There will be magic in the streets, Antifa\BLM and the cops will sing kumbaya and hug each other, everything will be perfect and everyday will be a sunny utopia of perfectness.

Oh how I cannot wait for perfectness of life to happen if the dems control everything!

(10-21-2020, 11:38 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: No, i'm saying it will be a fake thing.  The parent giving into the child having a tantrum.  The child being liberal academia, Hollywood, dems, MSM, etc.

(10-21-2020, 12:45 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Ya, I'm definitely going to have to disagree on that one.  Stelter, Cuomo, Lemon, Mika and Joe.  No way Fox is crazier and it's not even close.

(10-21-2020, 12:50 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Glancing at that chart it appears at least double or more outlets skew left.

(10-21-2020, 01:00 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Sorry, going to have to believe what I actually see and hear over a chart.  CNN alone has plenty of bat shit crazy going on.

(10-21-2020, 01:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Make up your mind.

(10-21-2020, 01:20 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Why not?   Ninja

Mellow

(10-21-2020, 10:23 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: At least try to be objective.
Mellow
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Well, to the first, that's not according to their data, which isn't infallible but does rely on data as well as human metrics.

And to the second: Yeah, that's exactly the problem. If CNN is, by committee, slightly left and slightly less than always accurate, while Fox News is far right and has a high variation of reliability, then what kind of misinformation are millions of people getting just because they don't like what they see and hear? Only trusting a news source that is unreliable or selective because it aligns with a person's beliefs is insane.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 09:21 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You mean just like the Democrats have been doing for the past 4 years?

I guess you don’t follow politics? The Moscow Mitch guy from ky who is married to a commie takes pride in being called the grim reaper and his desk is known as the graveyard because he is a do nothing terrible for this country senator.

And take a look at all the trump team members who were charged and convicted. When the guy scams students and runs a fraudulent charity then becomes potus and one of the first things he does is get waivers so his crooked cronies can get security clearances there rightfully should be a lot of oversight.

https://www.vox.com/2019/11/29/20977735/how-many-bills-passed-house-democrats-trump

The republicans are the ones who have been doing nothing. Actually I take that back. They have been packing the courts. But that is about it.
Reply/Quote