GORDON
28.57%
6 28.57%
Total 21 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Either/Or (CB)
(04-13-2022, 06:15 PM)ochocincos Wrote: That might be why Bengals would potentially pass on Elam. If Anarumo wants guys who are good tacklers now and doesn't want to coach that up, that's his choice and I respect it.

If thats the MO, what are your thoughts on going Cross S and CTB CB in 2/3 if they fell? Both seem like good tacklers from my study. Hell, may have to trade up slightly for them. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2022, 11:15 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: If thats the MO, what are your thoughts on going Cross S and CTB CB in 2/3 if they fell? Both seem like good tacklers from my study. Hell, may have to trade up slightly for them. 

That is strange, I was just thinking of that same thing! As to the OP, Gordon. Guy is flypaper!
Reply/Quote
Elam. But if my job depends on this pick, I'm polishing up my resume. IMO, these guys are mid 40s. I actually like McCreary more. Elam seems to lose attention, give up the inside, and get grabby. He has the tools, but I want to see the effort every play.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2022, 01:54 AM)sandwedge Wrote: That is strange, I was just thinking of that same thing! As to the OP, Gordon. Guy is flypaper!

As I stipulated in my mock trade down scenario in another thread, would you trade down from 31 for a 2nd+3rd and grab Cross/CTB to solidify thebD or would you just take them IF they fell to 63/95? If Cross wasn't available at 65, do you take CTB a half round early (assuming no CB at 31)?
Reply/Quote
Elam doesn't seem to break up a lot of great passes on tape, mostly poorly thrown balls. Maybe I need to do more extensive scouting, but as of now, I prefer Gordon.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2022, 02:28 AM)puddycat Wrote: Elam. But if my job depends on this pick, I'm polishing up my resume. IMO, these guys are mid 40s. I actually like McCreary more. Elam seems to lose attention, give up the inside, and get grabby. He has the tools, but I want to see the effort every play.

This! I’m a huge Gator fan so I have seen every game Elam has ever played. Unlike Buckeye fans who think every player whoever wears the uniform deserves to be drafted and is more times than not the best at their position, I’m actually an objective fan even to one of my own.

Elam’s talent is undeniable and so are his physical traits but after an unbelievable freshman year where he looked to be the best CB when he enters the draft he became highly inconsistent. This could definitely be related to coaching but this is a major red flag to me. When I saw McCreary, he always played with high intensity because he wants to be the best. You have to have talent but work ethic trumps everything else and this kid has it. I hope the Bengals are in a position to trade back a few spots to gain an early 4th rounder and take one of these 3 CBs and if all 3 are options, I’m taking McCreary.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2022, 11:15 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: If thats the MO, what are your thoughts on going Cross S and CTB CB in 2/3 if they fell? Both seem like good tacklers from my study. Hell, may have to trade up slightly for them. 

I didn't dig that deep into Cross back before Bates was tagged, as I was primarily looking at a safety in Rd 1.
I don't think he's great in coverage, but he's fast. Good hitter. Physical guy.
If I was to think of a Bengal he reminds me of, maybe Taylor Mays or Shawn Williams.
Seems more of a potential replacement for Bell instead of Bates.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-14-2022, 09:55 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I didn't dig that deep into Cross back before Bates was tagged, as I was primarily looking at a safety in Rd 1.
I don't think he's great in coverage, but he's fast. Good hitter. Physical guy.
If I was to think of a Bengal he reminds me of, maybe Taylor Mays or Shawn Williams.
Seems more of a potential replacement for Bell instead of Bates.

I did write him as a Bell replacement in my first mock.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2022, 12:12 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: I did write him as a Bell replacement in my first mock.

Given the costs of both Bell and Bates, I'd think it makes more sense financially to try to retain Bell over Bates.
But if the Bengals were to choose to let Bell walk, I'd be ok with Cross as a replacement, I guess.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Can’t go wrong with either. I went Elam for the speed, but both should be very good in the NFL. I talk up Gordon more just because I think there is an excellent chance he is there for our pick. Not as confident Elam will be though.
Reply/Quote