• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Either/Or (IDL)
Mikey has decided to go interior Dline and he needs you to decide between:

Travis Jones

Perrion Winfrey
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Perrion Winfrey is going to be a under tackle and interior pass rusher that fits what Cincy needs. Travis Jones is an the second best Nose Tackle prospect in the draft but the Bengals have DJ Reader, Josh Tupou, and Tyler Shelvin.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-14-2022, 11:05 PM)Synric Wrote: Perrion Winfrey is going to be a under tackle and interior pass rusher that fits what Cincy needs. Travis Jones is an the second best Nose Tackle prospect in the draft but the Bengals have DJ Reader, Josh Tupou, and Tyler Shelvin.

So you're saying they have DJ Reader

Reply/Quote
(04-14-2022, 11:05 PM)Synric Wrote: Perrion Winfrey is going to be a under tackle and interior pass rusher that fits what Cincy needs. Travis Jones is an the second best Nose Tackle prospect in the draft but the Bengals have DJ Reader, Josh Tupou, and Tyler Shelvin.

100% this.
Travis Jones is a fine NT, but he's not some interior havoc-wreaking pass rusher.
Bengals got their run-stuffing NT duties handled between Reader, Tupou, and Shelvin.
They need another interior pass rusher to go along with BJ Hill.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-15-2022, 10:29 AM)ochocincos Wrote: 100% this.
Travis Jones is a fine NT, but he's not some interior havoc-wreaking pass rusher.
Bengals got their run-stuffing NT duties handled between Reader, Tupou, and Shelvin.
They need another interior pass rusher to go along with BJ Hill.

Travis Jones is a better pass rusher than he’s getting credit for here. The bull rush he used at the Senior Bowl looked impressive to me.

Reply/Quote
Since one is NT and the other is UT, I guess it depends on which one you want to address first. With Tupou's injury history, it looks rather thin at NT after Reader. Likewise the same can be said for the UT position once you get past BJ Hill. Likely the biggest determination on which one to put priority on, is which of those are easier to find on the street when injury strikes, and pick the one that's harder to locate in a crisis.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Jim Miller said when he stood beside Winfrey at the Senior Bowl the first person that came to his mind was Bruce Smith. WTS if I were drafting just on BPA I'd probably give the nod to Travis.

Reply/Quote