Jalen and gain a pick
87.50%
14 87.50%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Either/Or (up/down)
To date we've voted in 2 different position groups on players who may be there at 31. The final is a "trade" option for a Safety:

A. Pick #31 and 95 to go up to 25 and take Dax Hall

B. Pick #31 for #43 and #82 we take Jalen Pitre at #43
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
That’s a two pick swing. Pitre PLUS 82 and 95. Give me that any day of the week. That said I’m not crazy about Hill anyway.
Reply/Quote
I don't want to trade up in the first round for any player unless someone of crazy value like Sauce or Stingley falls into range.

For that reason, I went with trading down even though I'm not sure Pitre is an outside corner or FS in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2022, 09:07 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: That’s a two pick swing. Pitre PLUS 82 and 95.  Give me that any day of the week. That said I’m not crazy about Hill anyway.

Same, I like Brisker better than the both of them.
Reply/Quote
Can we trade down and take a different player?
Reply/Quote
I don’t think the Bengals need that many players from the draft this year. They need a corner and depth. You can argue a center or guard and tight end but literally they just need some of there depth players to develop into not garbage back ups. You can add receiver to that depth but I’m in favor of sitting pat at 31 and taking BPA, then moving up in the 2nd or 3rd to get a targeted player they really like.

So I am going to vote the second because I hope they get aggressive in this draft.
Reply/Quote
I would trade up and take Hill mainly because I hate Pitre as a prospect.
Reply/Quote
I would hate either of these scenarios, but I’d hate losing a 3rd round pick the most between the two. So I guess the 2nd option.

Reply/Quote
(04-17-2022, 11:29 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I would hate either of these scenarios, but I’d hate losing a 3rd round pick the most between the two. So I guess the 2nd option.

I don’t like either option so I have to go with none of the above.
Drafting for depth means that fifth year becomes even more valuable. I would not trade out of the first just because you lose a year of development with that player. I also don’t like the idea of trading up (unless it’s just a couple of spots that won’t cost much) because that costs you more valuable picks from next year’s draft.

Stay where they are at and take care be best CB/S/OL etc available.
Reply/Quote
I do not understand the dislike for either of these prospects.

Dax Hill is an elite prospect. a 6' 200" Safety with 4.3 speed and the fastest 3 cones and Short Shuttle at the combine.

Pitre made the mistake of not running on the lightning fast track in Indy but was right behind Dax in 3 cone and Short Shuttle. Pitre did run a 4.4 at his pro Day.

But these kids aren't just athletes they produce big time on the field. Hill amassed 69 tackles, 2 INTs, and 8 PDs up north. Pitre was ALL OVER the field with 75 tackles, 3.5 sacks, 2FF, 2 INTs, and 7 PDs.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Tading up is silly in our scenario. Especially for a S.

Gimmee the extra pick every time.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2022, 03:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I do not understand the dislike for either of these prospects.

Dax Hill is an elite prospect. a 6' 200" Safety with 4.3 speed and the fastest 3 cones and Short Shuttle at the combine.

Pitre made the mistake of not running on the lightning fast track in Indy but was right behind Dax in 3 cone and Short Shuttle. Pitre did run a 4.4 at his pro Day.

But these kids aren't just athletes they produce big time on the field. Hill amassed 69 tackles, 2 INTs, and 8 PDs up north. Pitre was ALL OVER the field with 75 tackles, 3.5 sacks, 2FF, 2 INTs, and 7 PDs.

Personally, I don’t want to trade up and give up too much for a position that isn’t considered to be that valuable like S. If we are talking like an elite DE or CB dropping then it makes more sense to me IMO. I have nothing against Pitre and think he’s going to be a good player that could play multiple positions.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2022, 03:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I do not understand the dislike for either of these prospects.

I agree with the trade down but I prefer Nick Cross as a prospect better. Junior vs 5th year senior, comparable stats, ran the 4.34 at the combine but didn't do the other agility drills (I can't find the pro day results) but 20ish pounds heavier.
Reply/Quote

Getting a rangy, Centerfielder type of Safety AND an extra 3rd round pick?

Yes, please!

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
As much as I love Dax Hill as a potential Bates replacement, I don't want to give up an early-round pick for him.
So I (sadly) chose Pitre + gain a pick.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Pitre, but I'm gonna derail this shit real quick and say that I love JT Woods. Baylor's other Safety. Gives me Ed Reed vibes and could be a steal in round 4/5.

Back to subject. I much prefer Pitre over Dax, but would be okay with either. I've also been pimping the trade down scenario unless Booth or Linderbaum are there.

My dark horse's in a trade down other than Pitre are:

Logan Hall, DT, Houston

A.K. (Arnold Ebiketie), ED, Penn State

Drake Jackson, ED, USC

Tariq Woolen, CB, UTSA
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2022, 10:36 AM)Bengalpool Wrote: Pitre, but I'm gonna derail this shit real quick and say that I love JT Woods. Baylor's other Safety. Gives me Ed Reed vibes and could be a steal in round 4/5.

Back to subject. I much prefer Pitre over Dax, but would be okay with either. I've also been pimping the trade down scenario unless Booth or Linderbaum are there.

My dark horse's in a trade down other than Pitre are:

Logan Hall, DT, Houston

A.K. (Arnold Ebiketie), ED, Penn State

Drake Jackson, ED, USC

Tariq Woolen, CB, UTSA

Logan Hall has grown on me big time. Arguably the best pass rushing DT in this Draft. Somehow he can get low even being tall
and skinnier than most DT's. Having bend like that is a great quality in a D-Lineman.

I also like Salyer the Guard out of Georgia in a trade down if we want young competition for Carman.
Reply/Quote