Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The other side..
https://medium.com/@SeanBlanda/the-other-side-is-not-dumb-2670c1294063#.v9iwkyann

Interesting read on how we read and react during "debates" over things considered "controversial". I know that I will be taking a different attitude and thought process when looking at topics that keep many of us divided. I sincerely hope that you all will give this a look, and tell us what you think.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Thanks for sharing this, Sunset. It's a lesson the vast majority of us can learn from. Certainly something we should strive for.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

I don't like to read anything where the commenters are smarter than me.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

What they are talking about here is one of the reasons why I follow both GOP and Dem social media accounts, why I will follow conservative and liberal political bloggers and pundits. I do it more for the state level because that is where I focus most of my attention on politics, but being in Virginia there is a lot of national level spill over, especially this past election with Kaine on the ticket.

It's harder for me on some issues, but for a lot of issues, especially ones that are more about economics and fiscal policy, that the people making the moves sincerely believe that what they are doing is what they consider to be the right move for the government, and therefore the people. It's a tough pill to swallow when they do something you vehemently disagree with, but this is how it goes. For the most part, politicians are doing what they think is right in those instances and just because you disagree with them it does not make their position any less valid.

I freely admit, though, that when it comes to some social issues I get a bit feisty and have a harder time. I have seen the ill-effects of discriminatory policy too often to not see it as an issue.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR